Suspects have been identified and a manhunt is underway to arrest them - IG

Hussain1967

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
How is it possible that an accused ( Abid in this case) and his wife fled in the fields when Police raided their home located in open fields? Why didn’t police cordon off the surrounding area before the raid? Why didn’t police used wireless technology to cordon off all the entry/exit points after raid in 5 KM radius to make it impossible for them to flee the scene?

Either the Police is totally incompetent or they have fabricated this raid-story to show their fake progress in this case. Punjab government did this premature press-conference so that CJP doesn’t take suo moto notice. I am calling it premature because culprits haven’t been apprehended as yet ( as per Punjab Government).

nawaz.sharif

Minister (2k+ posts)
Keeping aside how bad and useless our police is, but this is not the police's job to get you fuel any where in the world. There are roadside assistance and tow companies that do this job, not the police.

In fact here in the UAE you run out of fuel you could even be fined for it.

Let me also be very clear I'm not victim blaming just clearing up the misunderstanding the police or govt is responsible for even trivial matters such as running out of gas.

I agree.. I am even surprised that media is sort of portraying as if she called for assault help and no one came for an hour but in reality she just called for petrol help. Its understandable that these kind of services may take time to arrive even in developed countries ( in US, petrol roadside assistance even after you are insured comes after 30-60 minutes or even more, depending on where you are stuck)... so the first call (made by the lady) was not a police matter at all as there was nothing alarming in that call for police to be involved. In all fairness, police came within 5-10 minutes of the Rescue 15 call made by the witness..

My sympathies are with the unfortunate lady and I pray that the culprits rot in hell.

p.s. Its a whole lot of different issue of why the hell this motorway was being opened in hurry without having a proper 130 service and motorway police and that may have potentially avoided this incident...

Hate_Nooras

I agree.. I am even surprised that media is sort of portraying as if she called for assault help and no one came for an hour but in reality she just called for petrol help. Its understandable that these kind of services may take time to arrive even in developed countries ( in US, petrol roadside assistance even after you are insured comes after 30-60 minutes or even more, depending on where you are stuck)... so the first call (made by the lady) was not a police matter at all as there was nothing alarming in that call for police to be involved. In all fairness, police came within 5-10 minutes of the Rescue 15 call made by the witness..

My sympathies are with the unfortunate lady and I pray that the culprits rot in hell.

p.s. Its a whole lot of different issue of why the hell this motorway was being opened in hurry without having a proper 130 service and motorway police and that may have potentially avoided this incident...
As the Nooras have turned the tragedy into an attack on the CCPO of Lahore, why were these guys free after so many allegations. Is NS responsible, SS or Rana the Qatil.

Pathfinder

I second the question Hate_Nooras has asked! why were they Not prosecuted? they have criminal record goes to tooi wal era!!

Last edited:

Hussain1967

‘L’ ki manhunt chal rahee hai. Na-ahal Police aur na-ahal tareen CM.

Laanat hai Buzdar Govt par. Wasim Akram plus is a curse. Iss ki hakoomat sirf Siasat.Pk par hi chal rahee hai.

Nebula

Minister (2k+ posts)
The main question is how can both men run at two separate locations. Its a inside job. On crime site They came bare footed as if such they wear police shoes hided somewhere...4 khoji are working on it. Media reach on crime site and destroy most of the evidence

Eyeaan

It is customary with many police forces to hide the identities of the suspects after they are identified till they are arrested..
Why Punjab police advertising their names on media before they are arrested? so that they can dis-appear if they want?
You are right but in this case it is two way. After publishing their names and identity, the price is high for their family members or other criminal acquiescence or anyone else to help them hide or escape. Now their helpers will face charges for abetting in crime. One of the criminal is not alone but accompanied by his wife.
Police is betting for someone will tip it about their whereabouts , in these circumstances, .

Last edited:

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
You are right but in this case it is two way. After publishing their names and identity, the price is high for their family members or other criminal acquiescence or anyone else to help them hide or escape. Now their helpers will face charges for abetting in crime. One of the criminal is not alone but accompanied by his wife.
Police is betting for, in these circumstances, someone will tip it about their whereabouts.
You know there are reports already that police , by releasing their names, actually helped him escape from the scene…Now go look for them all over.

Eyeaan

You know there are reports already that police , by releasing their names, actually helped him escape from the scene…Now go look for them all over.
I don't wish to add to this mess. However I may say that the above speculation is not correct. The culprits knew that police has identified them for some time prior to their names came in the media- After all some "mukhbers" are paid rewards who knew them!!! (Though they left the area (villages) right after the crime ). In my opinion, police is striving to get the rats out. Like it or not but I have some trust in police in this incident.

Some mainstream reporters and v bloggers have said enough to spread more and more confusion - Some have narrated events which did not ( and could not) happen. There seems to be intended or unintended campaign against lahore police for sheer politics or simply out of anger and frustration.

Feudal ills of "Deiras" and criminal gang and even private jails are not uncommon in rural Punjab. After this incident is past, we may need to look into the sad reality of rural Punjab and the state of poor tenants and their families.