Supreme Court Verdict Dual Nationality Announced!!

Ayaz Ahmed

Senator (1k+ posts)
what about Zulfi Bukhari?? even he is not pakistani but special assistant to PM.

Fawad Ch and other ministers defend him in a way that he know overseas pakistanis problems, he is not overseas pakistani, only pakistan originated British.

TONIC

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I agree , I have dual nationality but it’s true that you can’t ride two boats at the same time.

back to the future

I don't agree
an employee has to be loyal to the employer who is giving him salary.In this way all overseas national will be barred from serving their country.
An employee or Govt official should not be corrupt and should be competent.

jani1

یہاں یہ وضاحت ضروری ہے کہ۔ ۔۔
سرکاری ملازمت پر پابندی ہوگی۔ ۔
پرائیویٹ پر نہیں۔ ۔۔

khan_11

I think this is wise step about the employees who served in Pakistani institution in abroad for a certain period shouldn't allow to apply for Nationality in that country where they serve as a Pakistani employee,, but please don't close the door for the dual national Pakistani's and their kids who wants to contribute their expertise or their knowledge in different areas i.e Medicine,Engineering and education to serve the people of Pakistan. This new generation are our assets we should appropriate their good gesture rather to discouraging them,

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dual Nationality must be banned like India.

As long as Pakistan still welcomes overseas Pakistanis and treat us with open door policy, we don't really need to keep our citizenship of Pakistan.

Anyone who chose citizenship of another country must relinquish their Pakistani citizenship. It doesn't make sense that you take oath to be faithful to national interest of a foreign country and still call yourself a Pakistani and get to serve in a public office.

Dictator Musharraf opened door for dual nationality because Washington ordered him to do so. Even before that Pakistan never allowed dual citizenship.

Last edited:

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't agree
an employee has to be loyal to the employer who is giving him salary.In this way all overseas national will be barred from serving their country.
An employee or Govt official should not be corrupt and should be competent.

Pakistan never allowed dual citizenship until dictator musharraf and through this door of dual citizenship many agents of CIA and Mi6 landed in Pakistan and caused great harm to our national interest and public institutions. Although most were Pakistanis but their loyalties were with other countries where they held most of their stakes.

Sorry but it is just not possible for you to stay faithful to Pakistan when you take oath to be faithful to Washington's interest.

back to the future

Pakistan never allowed dual citizenship until dictator musharraf and through this door of dual citizenship many agents of CIA and Mi6 landed in Pakistan and caused great harm to our national interest and public institutions. Although most were Pakistanis but their loyalties were with other countries where they held most of their stakes.

Sorry but it is just not possible for you to stay faithful to Pakistan when you take oath to be faithful to Washington's interest.
and if other countries bar pakistanies with dual nationality to work there?
I am in favour of induction in Govt Department at any stage of age including overseas pakistanies if they are competent.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
and if other countries bar pakistanies with dual nationality to work there?
I am in favour of induction in Govt Department at any stage of age including overseas pakistanies if they are competent.

No problem. Other countries will ask you to relinquish one of your citizenship and you will be free to chose.

India doesn't allow dual citizenship at all. And their overseas diaspora is much much bigger than Pakistan.

akinternational

Minister (2k+ posts)
men ne bahar taleem hasil ki, kai saal ka tajruba aur paisa kamaya 25+saal men....aur apne tahaffuz aur safar waghera ki wajah se yahan ki shehriyat bhi leli.....ham wo NRP (non resident Pakistani) jo bari mehnat aur mushkilat se ye sab hasil kar paye hain.....ab Pakistan hukumat ki marzi hai ke hamare Ilm aur tajrube ka faida uthai ya na uthai.....sirf paisa dene ham yahan nahin bethe.....chanda lene koi hamare paas na aai....fon per tax lage ga ye hoga wo ga......hamen aise pakistan se kuch nahin chahiye.....shukria

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
men ne bahar taleem hasil ki, kai saal ka tajruba aur paisa kamaya 25+saal men....aur apne tahaffuz aur safar waghera ki wajah se yahan ki shehriyat bhi leli.....ham wo NRP (non resident Pakistani) jo bari mehnat aur mushkilat se ye sab hasil kar paye hain.....ab Pakistan hukumat ki marzi hai ke hamare Ilm aur tajrube ka faida uthai ya na uthai.....sirf paisa dene ham yahan nahin bethe.....chanda lene koi hamare paas na aai....fon per tax lage ga ye hoga wo ga......hamen aise pakistan se kuch nahin chahiye.....shukria

Well, I am also an overseas Pakistani. But I beg to differ your approach. You took their citizenship for traveling ease etc. etc. but truth is that your majority stakes are in that country. If one of their security agencies sit down with you and give you task to carry out something in Pakistan, you'll have zero choice. You can possibly willingly or unwillingly use this dual citizenship door to harm Pakistan and to protect your family and stakes in that country.

Please don't get it wrong. There always will be a visa-free entry for you to come to Pakistan or serve in a non-classified position somewhere in private sector as a consultant or adviser.

You are an educated man and you should understand this. It is not about Pakistan dumping you but it is about closing that loop-hole that has been abused little too many times by puppets of American and British agencies. They looked like us but their loyalties were not with us.

TurePakistani

MPA (400+ posts)
Sorry I don't agree, I am dual national working with one of the major defence organisations in the UK and I am
Fully committed to my employer. And surely my employer trust me that's why the offered me job knowly.
What about IK's dream that people from oversees come to work in Pakistan.
Pakistan expect remittance/investment from oversees/ dual national Pakistanis but don't trust them.
Pakistan government should decide either to allow dual nationality or not and if allowed they should be treated with respect.
However I fully understand that some senior level positions should not be offered to dual nationals but lower or middle management level positions, there is no harm. I am sure dual national Pakistanis could bring great expertise to pakistan.

Hussain1967

what about Zulfi Bukhari?? even he is not pakistani but special assistant to PM.

Fawad Ch and other ministers defend him in a way that he know overseas pakistanis problems, he is not overseas pakistani, only pakistan originated British.

He is dual-national, not single-national as you are claiming.Even if you are born in UK or USA, you can still get Pakistani Citizenship if your parents are Pakistani Citizens. My daughter was born in USA, but she is a Pakistani Citizen too. She has both US and Pakistani Passports.

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I am a Pakistani citizen as well as Canadian . I have worked for Canadian Government in many departments. If Canadian Government has no problem with me being a Pakistani national as well, why Pakistani Government should have any problem with me being a Canadian national as well?
I think overseas Pakistanies should be allowed to work in Pakistan if they wish to do so. They could prove to be a valuable asset for Pakistan having expertise in various fields and resources.