Supreme Court orders to take back government territory from Bahria Town

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
برادر آپ نے تو لِسٹ بہت ہی مختصر کر دی . اِس لِسٹ میں تو بہت سے اور نامی گرامی کُتّے اور کُتیّاں شامل ہیں

Sorry for the expression.
Woh kia hay keh baqi kuttay kuttian busy hein kahin? Kuch to aisay phunsay hein keh unka ana abhi bahut mushkil hay!:LOL:

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
I still think a settlement would have been better. Malik gets the land, SC gets the full price and all the investors money is safe.
NOw it will be a mess.

As an estimate Malik made over 4000 billions from this land. Saqib Nisar intially asked him only 1000 billion for dam fund.

He got smart and told him that he doesn't have anything except his sons house. So Saqib Nisar gave him danda and issued verdict. Then formed an implementation bench.

Now Malik Riaz has no more room to maneuver. If he was smart he would keep quite and accept whatever this bench was telling him.

But he thinks he is bigger than everything else in Pakistan. So now they will make a horrible example out of him.

Saboo

As an estimate Malik made over 4000 billions from this land. Saqib Nisar intially asked him only 1000 billion for dam fund.

He got smart and told him that he doesn't have anything except his sons house. So Saqib Nisar gave him danda and issued verdict. Then formed an implementation bench.

Now Malik Riaz has no more room to maneuver. If he was smart he would keep quite and accept whatever this bench was telling him.

But he thinks he is bigger than everything else in Pakistan. So now they will make a horrible example out of him.
Now my only concern would be the investor's money! If SC orders Malik to pay every one back I will be happy.

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Now my only concern would be the investor's money! If SC orders Malik to pay every one back I will be happy.

Majority of investors are big banks and big businessmen and black money mafia. Percentage of actual buyers is pretty low.

I think supreme court should help actual buyers, but first check everyone if their money is legit and they filed taxes or not.

Dr Adam

Woh kia hay keh baqi kuttay kuttian busy hein kahin? Kuch to aisay phunsay hein keh unka ana abhi bahut mushkil hay!:LOL:

I got it!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p:love::p:love::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Saboo

Majority of investors are big banks and big businessmen and black money mafia. Percentage of actual buyers is pretty low.

I think supreme court should help actual buyers, but first check everyone if their money is legit and they filed taxes or not.
BTW how much is the project already developed?

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
You mean roads, utilities etc?

Yes, even houses and building too.

Bahria is very clever. They keep changing location of their actual land and never provide true information to SC. So now SUPARCO will do a survey. There is a Maj. Gen who is heading that department and court even told him that if he doesn't provide correct information, they will start contempt proceedings against him.

So now Bahria Town is screwed for good. Even Army will not save him anymore.

Saboo

Yes, even houses and building too.

Bahria is very clever. They keep changing location of their actual land and never provide true information to SC. So now SUPARCO will do a survey. There is a Maj. Gen who is heading that department and court even told him that if he doesn't provide correct information, they will start contempt proceedings against him.

So now Bahria Town is screwed for good. Even Army will not save him anymore.
Ok my natural question would be, If SC confiscate this land, what would happen to all that development ? Will it be demolished like other na-jaiz tajawzaat?

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ok my natural question would be, If SC confiscate this land, what would happen to all that development ? Will it be demolished like other na-jaiz tajawzaat?

Anything supreme court decides becomes a precedent in Pakistan's judicial history. So it is not only about saving or destroying Bahria.

Repercussions of this decision will effect Pakistan for decades to come as all future similar cases will be decided that way by the Supreme Court and Lower courts.

Best option for Bahria now is to try to save those parts which have most houses & buildings and try to give up land which is not too populated.

Once this is out of the way, Bahria can again start buying lands in nearby areas and through clean acquisition process with the 350 billion that they offered to this bench.

Saboo

Anything supreme court decides becomes a precedent in Pakistan's judicial history. So it is not only about saving or destroying Bahria.

Repercussions of this decision will effect Pakistan for decades to come as all future similar cases will be decided that way by the Supreme Court and Lower courts.

Best option for Bahria now is to try to save those parts which have most houses & buildings and try to give up land which is not too populated.

Once this is out of the way, Bahria can again start buying lands in nearby areas and through clean acquisition process with the 350 billion that they offered to this bench.
Yes that makes sense! So some of the land Bahria did acquire by legal means and at fair market price? Haha excuse my questioning but my only concern was not to start demolishing every thing once SC takes the land back! Most of the times Pakistani elite don't use their brain at all...:LOL:

Okara

Beauty of the law is that Court wanted land back where as no punishment for the people who given this land to him?
Lets replace Malik Riaz with some international company and state give something out of proportion, can SC make this agreement Null and Void? No. They did this in Rekodik case and we have to pay the fine.
Our courts must punish the people who are distributing such state owned resources to crooks.

Saboo

Beauty of the law is that Court wanted land back where as no punishment for the people who given this land to him?
Lets replace Malik Riaz with some international company and state give something out of proportion, can SC make this agreement Null and Void? No. They did this in Rekodik case and we have to pay the fine.
Our courts must punish the people who are distributing such state owned resources to crooks.
Haha such people is Zardari and Zardari! and also Murad Ali Shah!