Students banned from wearing skirts, jeans at Government Medical College Lahore

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I don't understand why we see this dress code issue with the optical of Islamism or liberalism??This is a simple matter of society where are you living..if society like naked or half naked thiers daughters and sons go in education institutions..then no issue but if society don't like this idea then also no issue..It's depends on the norms of your whole society not some part of society.

Last edited:

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Jab ke reality bhi yaheeh ha ke majority M and F students always go with proper dresses while few go with open dresses .tu agar co education university.. college mein dress code ho tu ye achi baat ha..is mein burae kia ha??.Jab ke Ains Styen ke door m..west ke colleges mein bhi proper dresses code hota tha..

jani1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
آزادی رائے کے ساتھ ساتھ آزادی لباس یا بے لباسی بھی بہت ضروری ہے

لبرل لوگ بہت ناراض ہونگے
Nawww they should arrive in bikinis and speedos. That's the only way they can receive education in true form.
LOL @ these morons making it a matter of freedom of rights and dismissing it as something backward.
Indian should not be allowed to do their propaganda on this forum
There presence should be monitored and restricted here
Bilqul sahi. It's and educational institute not a fashion one.

جو جاہل اس پر بک رہے ہیں۔۔۔ جو تین الگ آی ڈیز سے ایک ہی وقت میں پوسٹ کرتے ہیں۔۔۔شودے کو اتنا بھی نہیں پتہ کہ لوگ اس کی طرح شودے نہیں کہ پہچان نہیں پائیں گے۔۔
یہ پانچویں فیل خچر کیا جانیں کہ ڈسپلن کیا ہوتا ہے۔۔۔ بس پڑوسی کا تنگ کوٹ چراکر اس میں ویڈیو پہ ویڈیو بنانا جانتے ہیں۔۔۔کھوتے۔۔اور خود ہی اپنی تعریفیں کیئے جاتے ہیں۔۔۔الگ الگ آئی ڈی سے۔۔۔توبہ۔۔

Iconoclast

You can't wear sneakers, you can't come late to the class, you can't give exam if you don't have x percent attendance but you must give fees regardless.
I went to La Trobe in Australia. No you ARE NOT allowed to sit for exam if your attendance is below par. And yes you pay fees, in ADVANCE.
You just had to rant for the sake of ranting like you did yesterday no? Expecting IK to turn things around within 100 days lol.

Steyn

I went to La Trobe in Australia. No you ARE NOT allowed to sit for exam if your attendance is below par. And yes you pay fees, in ADVANCE.
You just had to rant for the sake of ranting like you did yesterday no? Expecting IK to turn things around within 100 days lol.

That is exactly my point though that this is present in liberal cultures too and has nothing to do with Islam or liberalism rather the universities obsession with suppressing individualism.

I don't know what Imran Khan has anything to do with it?

Iconoclast

That is exactly my point though that this is present in liberal cultures too and has nothing to do with Islam or liberalism rather the universities obsession with suppressing individualism.

I don't know what Imran Khan has anything to do with it?
Well you came across like you were complaining about that. I must have misread.
As for IK.... I was referring to this post https://www.siasat.pk/forums/threads/excuse-khan.659988/
We are not a country with overflowing economy where 90% issues can be solved, and most issues are only solvable by using funds. Wasn't expecting such a premature charge sheet from you.

kayawish

In Europe girls are wearing jeans and skirts but still people do not rape 5 years girls like zainab and then kill her.The problem is not in the dress,the problem is in the mind set.
che so na khabar naye nu khabary wale ke ?

Steyn

Well you came across like you were complaining about that. I must have misread.
As for IK.... I was referring to this post https://www.siasat.pk/forums/threads/excuse-khan.659988/
We are not a country with overflowing economy where 90% issues can be solved, and most issues are only solvable by using funds. Wasn't expecting such a premature charge sheet from you.

I was annoyed. The people in every government institution are all corrupt whether they're in higher or lower positions. My internet wasn't working yesterday when i needed it the most and PTCL is the most incompetent organization ever.

Maybe my complaint was irrational but it's somewhat true. Imran Khan hasn't taken a hard stance against every corrupt. There are low level corrupts sitting in every government institution that should be easy to fire and replace. Fire the heads of every institution that public have to deal with and appoint an honest person, gas, electricity, sanitation, internet etc etc everything will show improvement.

That is what i was pissed off about.

I am NOT an idiot that thinks the economy and inflation will improve so soon, it will take years. But firing corrupts isn't that hard, it just requires having to face their criticism.

PS: Oh let me file a complaint in citizen portal. We will see if something gets done about it.

Dream Seller

I hope ISIS or TTP takes over one day and then you will miss us liberals.
If liberal is to be naked then why bother anything? Btw there’s limit to even free speech then dress code in Muslim Majority country... I don’t need to go back centuries to look at the destruction of countries who thought liberalism was a savior...
Turkey, Iran, Chechnya etc.

Steyn

He is just a moron. If i were to show him statistics about how much rape there is in West, he would shut his face up.

Girls lose their virginity the moment they have their first period. Either through social pressure or raped. Every girl and especially a girl that is somewhat beautiful has a history of sexual abuse even as a little kid. I am not saying this, Western stats are saying this and the girls themselves are saying this.

Only a moron of the highest caliber would make statements like these. The simple fact is that there are bad people everywhere and there are good people. But when the girls don't dress modestly and show off their assets, they invite men to fuck them. The number of rape cases in Muslim country is extremely lower than in a country like America for the simple fact that women wear modest clothes.

Pe gheen mo poheegi na aw khabar kawi :LOL: (famous pashto saying - they don't understand anything and speak - they don't understand dick and speak)

Kingfisher

Minister (2k+ posts)
In Europe girls are wearing jeans and skirts but still people do not rape 5 years girls like zainab and then kill her.The problem is not in the dress,the problem is in the mind set.
The reason for this is law europe is same for poor as well as rich and yes nudity arouses rape rate , it is human nature.
Moreover it is hard to find virgin girls . Most of the girls loose their virginity at early age & many get pregnant even in schools

Last edited:

Kingfisher

Minister (2k+ posts)
He is just a moron. If i were to show him statistics about how much rape there is in West, he would shut his face up.

Girls lose their virginity the moment they have their first period. Either through social pressure or raped. Every girl and especially a girl that is somewhat beautiful has a history of sexual abuse even as a little kid. I am not saying this, Western stats are saying this and the girls themselves are saying this.

Only a moron of the highest caliber would make statements like these. The simple fact is that there are bad people everywhere and there are good people. But when the girls don't dress modestly and show off their assets, they invite men to fuck them. The number of rape cases in Muslim country is extremely lower than in a country like America for the simple fact that women wear modest clothes.

Pe gheen mo poheegi na aw khabar kawi :LOL: (famous pashto saying - they don't understand anything and speak - they don't understand dick and speak)
You said 100 percent correct

Kingfisher

Minister (2k+ posts)
میڈیکل کالجوں میں ڈریس کوڈ نافذ، طلبا پر نئی پابندیاں لگ گئیں
news-1542365473-6840.jpg

(زاہد چودھری)یونیورسٹی آف ہیلتھ سائنسز نے میڈیکل کالجوں کے طلبا کیلئے ڈریس کوڈ لاگو کر دیاجس کے مطابق طلبا کے جینز،ٹی شرٹ، چپل ، سینڈل اور شارٹس پہننے پر پابندی لگادی
گئی ۔ طلبا کو رسمی لباس پہننا ہوگا۔

تفصیلات کے مطابق یونیورسٹی آف ہیلتھ سائنسز میں وائس چانسلر پروفیسر ڈاکٹر جاوید اکرم کی سربراہی میں صوبائی ایڈمشن کمیٹی کا اجلاس ہوا جس میں پرنسپل علامہ اقبال میڈیکل کالج پروفیسر ڈاکٹر عارف تجمل ، ایڈیشنل سیکریٹری ٹیکنیکل سپیشلائزڈ ہیلتھ ڈاکٹر سلمان شاہد ،ڈاکٹر جاوید اصغر سمیت یونیورسٹی حکام شریک ہوئے۔

اجلاس کے بعد یو ایچ ایس کی جانب سے صوبے بھر کی تمام سرکاری طبی درسگاہوں کو مراسلہ ارسال کیا گیا ہے کہ طلبا سے ڈریس کوڈ کی مکمل پابندی کرائی جائے ۔

ڈریس کوڈ کے مطابق طلباجینز،ٹی شرٹ، چپل ، سینڈل اور شارٹس نہیں پہن سکیں گے۔ اس پابندی کا اطلاق زیر تربیت پوسٹ
گریجوایٹ ڈاکٹرز پر بھی ہوگا۔

مراسلے میں ہدایت کی گئی ہے ہے کہ سینئرز کی طرف سے فرسٹ ایئر کے طلبہ سے فولنگ کا سلسلہ روکا جائے اورینٹیشن سیشنز کا انعقاد کیا جائے جس کا آغاز قرآن خوانی سے ہوگا۔ اس کے علاوہ فرسٹ ایئر طلبا کو درسگاہ اور اس سے متصل ٹیچنگ ہسپتالوں کا دورہ بھی کروایا جائے۔

https://www.city42.tv/16-Nov-2018/2...kbqLJwPc283wvHMGkCbTRewCSLGegYcqraKnxCdoH4PXc
Great move

Eyeaan

The problem is not in the dress,the problem is in the mind set.
Are you sure about this statement that it is true in a given society. Please don't go cross-culture because that would just begs the question.
Why do we have dresses or dress codes in the first place.
What is this 'chirya' named 'mindset'?
If the social norms have no effect on 'mind-set' then what are the social norms?
I'm asking these questions just to learn from you. Please take me for the confirmed fact that I'm completely uneducated and ignorant person, but get stuck on fluff statements - not a liberal or no-liberal thing at all.

kayawish

zainab was one case , ou wana say that in Pakistan every 7 yeard old girl is raped ? shall i tell you what happened in austria in 2015-2016 ? it was so disgusting that i dont even wana mansion here.

feeneebi

MPA (400+ posts)
No wonder TLP and ttp have so many members and followers.If vice chancellor of a university has such a backward mind that girls can not wear jeans in the university then how can we blame TTP and TLP. I guess Pakistani society deserves Khadim rizvi,fazal ul rahaman and Sirajul haq kind of leaders or govt of TTP.
What is wrong in that. And how is it backward mind. The students are there to study and not do fashion march. Any educational institution has full right to implement dress codes as far as it is not violating the social, moral, cultural, ethical and religious norms, customs and values of the society. So I fully support this step by the administration.

lurker

If liberal is to be naked then why bother anything? Btw there’s limit to even free speech then dress code in Muslim Majority country... I don’t need to go back centuries to look at the destruction of countries who thought liberalism was a savior...
Turkey, Iran, Chechnya etc.
Muslim majority countries are so boring. All they ever do is keep reproducing and then restricting, can't do this. Can't do that. Can't wear this. Can't wear that. Bakwas. On top of that their passports suck so much people who don't like the Government becoming their Abba can't even escape out of it. Total definition of a hell hole.