Situation at Pakistani Airports

Masud Javed

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Long Post Alert (Totally worth it):

#PakistanZindabad #COVID #Pandemic #Islamabad #PIA
#MinistryofHealth #Punjab <3

Given the COVID-19 global crisis, decided to make an emergency visit to Pakistan, hence landed from Toronto to Islamabad today, April 4, 2020.

Air Carrier: Pakistan International Airlines (PK 789)

COVID 19 preps:

Seats were assigned with a blocked seat in between for all passengers. We were lucky to get a complete row of three to each of us (we were two passengers).

Islamabad was very well prepared to handle COVID from the inbound passengers. It was an immense pleasure to watch our country on the toes, so diligent. The thought process and perseverance is commendable and much praiseworthy.

1. Upon landing at ISB, all the passengers were seated within in the departure lounge of the gate the plane taxied and SWAB tests were performed for each and every passenger. The passengers were issued a lab client ID against their CNIC. The reports are expected to be in within 24 hours.

2. After the swab test, we were tested for temperature with two different devices installed at two different spots before the passport control.

3. Once cleared, we moved to Passport control, got our entry stamped and then to the carousel for baggage pickup.

4. After picking up our luggage, we were directed, in groups of tens, to various buses to drop us at a hotel.

5. We got assigned to Regalia hotel in G6 (Blue Area, Islamabad). My mom and myself are assigned separate rooms, a protocol ensured for all the travelers).

6. Chicken Curry, Roti (flat bread) and salad served for dinner.

Everything provided at the airline/government expense (very surprising and much appreciated where most of us were ready to pay).

The least we can do is practice their measures and praise their effort <3
It is a proud moment for all of us to witness such sanity being practiced in our country.

On the contrrary, despite being highly organized and vigilant, the intent of social distancing was jeopardized repeatedly due to public non-cooperation which was absolutely non-deliberate (including myself a few times such as standing closer to people and not shooing them away at points suxh as, the swab test area, while boarding the bus, getting rooms at the hotels). Rest, the passengers cooperated to best and it was a very satisfying moment.

Other things to be noted:

Ticket Price: A whopping $2600 for two people, one way (I mention this because, I believe that in such hours of crisis, all the companies should show compassion, sadly PIA didn’t and charged a fortune. However, we still were the lucky ones as there were people who were flying at $1900 per person, one way. This is not a complain but just a simple feeling coz besides this and IFE, PIA has captivated me completely and booked me as their client for future)

Origin: Toronto (YYZ)
Destination: Islamabad
Flying Duration: 12 Hours 35 Min

Flight Experience: Regretfully, IFE was not there but we knew that before opting for the flight, so that doesn’t count. Besides, excellent dinner (had 4 options), snacks and beverages (self service throughout the flight) and breakfast, marvellous cabin crew, superb hospitality and outstanding COVID measures. PIA totally bought me as a permanent client, for future travel.

Pakistan Zindabad!

jani1

پی آئی اے کو ابھی کافی وقت لگے گا۔۔۔۔خود کو ایک قابل ذکر ایئر لائن کہلوانے میں۔۔۔
اتفاقیہ طور پر میں نے اس کے ذریعے چار مارچ کو کراچی سے ٹورنٹو کا سفر کیا۔۔۔
جو زیادہ ذکر کے لائق نہ تھا۔۔۔ یوں لگا جیسے میں دور کسی تیسری دنیا نہیں جارہا بلکہ تیسری دنیا کی ایک لوکل تیسری کلاس بس میں سفر کررہا ہوں۔۔

Last edited:

Cyber Man

Citizen
its actually a very family friendly airline and specially the elderly. The way they accomodate elderly and children beats any modern airline.

IFE can easily be overcome by having ipads and other tablets.

Water

Councller (250+ posts)
پی آئی اے کو ابھی کافی وقت لگے گا۔۔۔۔خود کو ایک قابل ذکر ایئر لائن کہلوانے میں۔۔۔
جو زیادہ ذکر کے لائق نہ تھا۔۔۔ یوں لگا جیسے میں دور کسی تیسری دنیا نہیں جارہا بلکہ تیسری دنیا کی ایک لوکل تیسری کلاس بس میں سفر کررہا ہوں۔۔

Jani I know the reality, Mae khod PIA sce frequent flyer Hun..only reason Direct Flight.
Yesterday one of my dear friend travelled ISB to LHR, not a single seat was spared and the ticket price was £900.

shahz khan

MPA (400+ posts)
Jani I know the reality, Mae khod PIA sce frequent flyer Hun..only reason Direct Flight.
Yesterday one of my dear friend travelled ISB to LHR, not a single seat was spared and the ticket price was £900.
Aslam a lekum brother i bought PIA ticket on 18 of this month from LHR To ISL do you have any idea is PIA back in service and will they be still flying till 18 aprail i looked for ticket but could not find till 11

jani1

ڈائریکٹ فلائیٹ کا ہی تو سارا کیا دھرا ہے۔۔۔

کراچی سے ۱۳ ۱۴ گھنٹے نان سٹاپ ۔۔۔۔

سوچھا تھا واپسی بھی اسی میں ہوگی۔۔۔

مگر اب کہیں اور نکل رہا ہوں۔۔۔

کیونکہ ان کا کوئی بھروسہ نہیں۔۔۔

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
It will take good 5 years before things could turn around as Noora brothers had destroyed each and every institution of Pakistan.

zerozero

MPA (400+ posts)

after landing and everyone ready to leave the plane, they asked to get back to seats to fill up a form.
no blankets due to COVID19
limited options for food, served nothing for first 2 hrs or so.

HSiddiqui

Long Post Alert (Totally worth it):

#PakistanZindabad #COVID #Pandemic #Islamabad #PIA
#MinistryofHealth #Punjab <3

Given the COVID-19 global crisis, decided to make an emergency visit to Pakistan, hence landed from Toronto to Islamabad today, April 4, 2020.

Air Carrier: Pakistan International Airlines (PK 789)

COVID 19 preps:

Seats were assigned with a blocked seat in between for all passengers. We were lucky to get a complete row of three to each of us (we were two passengers).

Islamabad was very well prepared to handle COVID from the inbound passengers. It was an immense pleasure to watch our country on the toes, so diligent. The thought process and perseverance is commendable and much praiseworthy.

1. Upon landing at ISB, all the passengers were seated within in the departure lounge of the gate the plane taxied and SWAB tests were performed for each and every passenger. The passengers were issued a lab client ID against their CNIC. The reports are expected to be in within 24 hours.

2. After the swab test, we were tested for temperature with two different devices installed at two different spots before the passport control.

3. Once cleared, we moved to Passport control, got our entry stamped and then to the carousel for baggage pickup.

4. After picking up our luggage, we were directed, in groups of tens, to various buses to drop us at a hotel.

5. We got assigned to Regalia hotel in G6 (Blue Area, Islamabad). My mom and myself are assigned separate rooms, a protocol ensured for all the travelers).

6. Chicken Curry, Roti (flat bread) and salad served for dinner.

Everything provided at the airline/government expense (very surprising and much appreciated where most of us were ready to pay).

The least we can do is practice their measures and praise their effort <3
It is a proud moment for all of us to witness such sanity being practiced in our country.

On the contrrary, despite being highly organized and vigilant, the intent of social distancing was jeopardized repeatedly due to public non-cooperation which was absolutely non-deliberate (including myself a few times such as standing closer to people and not shooing them away at points suxh as, the swab test area, while boarding the bus, getting rooms at the hotels). Rest, the passengers cooperated to best and it was a very satisfying moment.

Other things to be noted:

Ticket Price: A whopping $2600 for two people, one way (I mention this because, I believe that in such hours of crisis, all the companies should show compassion, sadly PIA didn’t and charged a fortune. However, we still were the lucky ones as there were people who were flying at $1900 per person, one way. This is not a complain but just a simple feeling coz besides this and IFE, PIA has captivated me completely and booked me as their client for future)

Origin: Toronto (YYZ)
Destination: Islamabad
Flying Duration: 12 Hours 35 Min

Flight Experience: Regretfully, IFE was not there but we knew that before opting for the flight, so that doesn’t count. Besides, excellent dinner (had 4 options), snacks and beverages (self service throughout the flight) and breakfast, marvellous cabin crew, superb hospitality and outstanding COVID measures. PIA totally bought me as a permanent client, for future travel.

Pakistan Zindabad!
My dear friends just realize one thing before complaining of high price, Imagine a plane that have the capacity of carrying about 400 people (charging proximate 900 each one way) same plane still operating keeping the emergency need of our people, putting every crew on risk, burning gas, paying the landing airports their hefty landing fees but cannot carry even 50 % of the allowed load, if they charged just$400 more than normal days it is still the deal of loss. Who ever is travelling is informed about the cost he/she agrees and pay that amount then why complain ? We pay for the service or facility. This service is for who can not wait for the conditions to get better and they have some thing very important worth more than the charge of PIA, they will travel the rest will not. Try appreciate some thing fellows, once for change please.

Last edited:

Water

Councller (250+ posts)
Aslam a lekum brother i bought PIA ticket on 18 of this month from LHR To ISL do you have any idea is PIA back in service and will they be still flying till 18 aprail i looked for ticket but could not find till 11
Well I hope so the flight operations will resume. You find it over the internet, try some rescourful Travel Agents in Pakistan.
They will update you day by day

Water

Councller (250+ posts)
It will take good 5 years before things could turn around as Noora brothers had destroyed each and every institution of Pakistan.
Har Ilzam Ganjo p dena Sahi nahi..Everyone take big Bongis about PIA, no one is interested to improve the services.

Water

Councller (250+ posts)
Oh really how so?
Na tu PTI 20 months sce Kia kar rahi hae..ye tu vayi baat hae k..when v ise to say..Saal I Akhair Mae study karein ge for exam.., n result day 3rd division pass..Mae apni baat kar raha hoon..May b u r Toper