Singapore to expel Muslim cleric for his use of phrase "fansurna alal qaumil yahudiyyin wan nasraniy

Liberal 000

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Singapore to expel Muslim cleric for prayer against Christians and Jews

Muslim cleric to be sent back to native India for his use of phrase "fansurna alal qaumil yahudiyyin wan nasraniyyin--- O Allah grant us help against the Jews and the Christians"

In a written apology, He said I had recited the additional supplication in Arabic, which was taken from an old text that originated from my village in India. It was not an extract from the Holy Koran

l_136611_084256_updates.jpg

Singapore on Monday said it would repatriate the chief cleric of a Muslim mosque for offensive remarks targeting Christians and Jews, a decision that aimed to repudiate divisive speech.

Authorities in the multi-ethnic city-state, an outpost of stability in a region where religious tension is not uncommon, are sensitive to public remarks they deem might adversely affect religious and social harmony.

During Friday prayers on January 6, the cleric, Nalla Mohamed Abdul Jameel Abdul Malik, made use of the phrase, Grant us help against the Jews and the Christians, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said on its website.

He had uttered a prayer in Arabic that included the phrase fansurna alal qaumil yahudiyyin wan nasraniyyin, which appealed to Allah to help us against the Jews and the Christians.

You knew that these words may be interpreted as asking God to grant Muslims victory against the Jews and Christians, District Judge Jasbendar Kaur said in passing sentence.

The phrase can create friction and conflicts between different religious groups, Kaur said.

The 46-year-old, popularly known as Nalla, admitted making the remarks, apologised and recognised that it was unacceptable in Singapores multi-racial and multi-religious context, the ministry said in a statement.

He pleaded guilty in a Singapore court, and was fined S$4,000 ($2,862), it added.He will be repatriated, it said. Any religious leader from any religion who makes such statements will be held accountable for their actions.

The government had the responsibility to act quickly and firmly to repudiate divisive speech, even if the course of action is sometimes difficult, it added.

Nalla has worked diligently as Chief Imam at the Jamae Chulia Mosque over the past seven years, attending to the needs of his congregation, and reaching out to other faiths. He has not been deliberately malicious.

I fully respect the laws of the land and appreciate the concerns of her people, the Straits Times newspaper on Friday quoted him as saying. I am truly sorry that I had offended you, and I must bear full responsibility for my actions.

Muslims and Christians account for about 15 per cent each of Singapores resident population, while Buddhists and Taoists make up just over half, according to a 2010 census.

The case erupted after a video recording of the sermon was posted on Facebook in February by someone in the congregation.
Nalla subsequently made an open apology on March 31 in the presence of 30 leaders of different religions.

Under Singapore law, acts that are prejudicial to races or religions can be punished with up to three years in jail, a fine, or both.

Written apology

In a written apology, Mr. Malik said that the chant was taken from a text he found at his village. I had recited the additional supplication in Arabic, which was taken from an old text that originated from my village in India. It was not an extract from the Holy Koran, he said. As a resident here from a foreign land, I should have practised my faith in accordance with, and appropriate to the social norms and laws of this country. I fully admit that my said actions have no place wheresoever in this extremely multi-religious and multi-cultural society.

When contacted, Mr. Malik chose not to speak.

He is a free man and is not under custody now. I was not told when the repatriation would take place; I expect it to take place soon, Mr. Maliks lawyer, Noor Mohamed Marican, said.

Mr. Malik has been in Singapore on a work permit since 2010. The Ministry had good things to say about him. The action against Nalla has been taken with some regret. Nalla has worked diligently as Chief Imam at the Jamae Chulia Mosque over the past seven years, attending to the needs of his congregation, and reaching out to other faiths. He has not been deliberately malicious, it said.

Two others were given stern warnings in the case: a person who published the video of the speech online and a tenured National University of Singapore Associate Professor who posted on Facebook about it.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
غیر مسلم حق آزادی کے نام پر دندناتے پھریں مسلمان کو دعا مانگنے کی بھی آزادی نہیں

QaiserMirza

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

جب مسلمانوں کی حیثیت کیڑے مکوڑوں کی طرح ہو جائے تو ہر کوئی انہیں اپنے جوتے تلے روندتا رہتا ہے
دوسروں کو کیوں الزام دیں، ہماری یہ حالت ہم نے خود ہی بنائی ہے

Taramasih

Senator (1k+ posts)
غیر مسلم حق آزادی کے نام پر دندناتے پھریں مسلمان کو دعا مانگنے کی بھی آزادی نہیں

yeh kaisi dua hai jisme dusaro ko barbad karne ki dua ki jati hai ? band karo aisi dua ..............:lol::lol::lol:
jiski god me baithoge usi ki darhi ukhar loge ,yeh kya khula tazad nahi ?
bhai apne mulk me baith kar aisi dua karo , sabko kyo pareshan karte ho ?

yahi dua karke yeh sab yahui aur masihio ke liye pakistan me nafarat phaila kar unke ghar aur church jalaye jate hai .bahut thik kia jo is jahil ko saza di gayi hai .

Taramasih

Senator (1k+ posts)

جب مسلمانوں کی حیثیت کیڑے مکوڑوں کی طرح ہو جائے تو ہر کوئی انہیں اپنے جوتے تلے روندتا رہتا ہے
دوسروں کو کیوں الزام دیں، ہماری یہ حالت ہم نے خود ہی بنائی ہے

musalman khud apni minorities ke sath kis tarah pesh aate hai ,unko apne ghareban me jhank kar dekhna chahiye .

This is the phrase our Ulama use all the time.What is wrong with it ?

only wrong is he did not realise he was in Singapore (bigsmile)

yeh kaisi dua hai jisme dusaro ko barbad karne ki dua ki jati hai ? band karo aisi dua ..............:lol::lol::lol:

laughing-smiley-face.gif
laughing-smiley-face.gif
laughing-smiley-face.gif
laughing-smiley-face.gif
laughing-smiley-face.gif

maulana ne samajha ki woh india me hai jahan dua karwa raha hai hinduo ke khilaf jehad ka.
india me mulla ,hindu, masihi , yahudi kafiro ke khilaf jehad karne ka nara lagwa kar, sabko gali de kar
azadi se ghoom sakta hai.
secular mulk hai jo chahe karo qanoon apne baap ka hai .gandhi nehru mamata banergy, sonia gandhi , rahul gandhi ,indira , manmohan sikha gaya hai hindu ko gali do laddo khao.
(bigsmile)

Last edited:

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
laughing-smiley-face.gif
laughing-smiley-face.gif
laughing-smiley-face.gif
laughing-smiley-face.gif
laughing-smiley-face.gif

maulana ne samajha ki woh india me hai jahan dua karwa raha hai hinduo ke khilaf jehad ka.
india me mulla ,hindu, masihi , yahudi kafiro ke khilaf jehad karne ka nara lagwa kar, sabko gali de kar
azadi se ghoom sakta hai.
secular mulk hai jo chahe karo qanoon apne baap ka hai .gandhi nehru mamata banergy, sonia gandhi , rahul gandhi ,indira , manmohan sikha gaya hai hindu ko gali do laddo khao.
(bigsmile)
اسے کیا پتہ تھا سنگا پور میں بھی بھارت کی طرح کی نام نہاد سیکولر ریاست ہے. گاندھی، نہرو اور دیگر منافق تھے مودی سچا انسان ہے

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
yahi dua karke yeh sab yahui aur masihio ke liye pakistan me nafarat phaila kar unke ghar aur church jalaye jate hai .bahut thik kia jo is jahil ko saza di gayi hai .
بھجنوں میں ایسا کیا گایا جاتا ہے جسے سن کر مسجدیں گرا دی جاتی ہیں، گرجا گھر جلا دئیے جاتے ہیں، غیر ملکیوں پر حملے ہوتے ہیں

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
درست فرمایا یہ کسی دعا ہے. کچھ کرنا ہے تو اپنی فوج کو اس قابل بناؤ اور بھارت، برما کی طرح اقلیت پر اتیاچار کرو

اسے کیا پتہ تھا سنگا پور میں بھی بھارت کی طرح کی نام نہاد سیکولر ریاست ہے. گاندھی، نہرو اور دیگر منافق تھے مودی سچا انسان ہے

tabhi sare pakistani aur bangladeshi india me islami dahashatgardi se jan bachane a jaate hai .............[hilar][hilar][hilar]

bare gulam ali khan, sahir ludhianvi , kurrtul ain haider , md.rafi,dilip kumar , adnan sami , taslima nasrin, nawab pataudi, tarek fateh.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
tabhi sare pakistani aur bangladeshi india me islami dahashatgardi se jan bachane a jaate hai .............[hilar][hilar][hilar]

bare gulam ali khan, sahir ludhianvi , kurrtul ain haider , md.rafi,dilip kumar , adnan sami , taslima nasrin, nawab pataudi, tarek fateh.
عدنان سمیع کو دو پاکستانیوں کے برابر سمجھ لیا جائے تب بھی اتنا مبالغہ اچھا نہیں. ہاں البتہ پاکستان غیر ریاستی دہشت گردی سے متاثر ہے اور بھارت میں ریاستی دہشت گردی کا راج ہے

Taramasih

Senator (1k+ posts)
عدنان سمیع کو دو پاکستانیوں کے برابر سمجھ لیا جائے تب بھی اتنا مبالغہ اچھا نہیں. ہاں البتہ پاکستان غیر ریاستی دہشت گردی سے متاثر ہے اور بھارت میں ریاستی دہشت گردی کا راج ہے

apni niyat , apna aqida . aap thik to dunia thik .
yeh jo masihio ko marne aye the america se nahi aye the . pakistani the , inki soch ek din me nahi bani ? aap kya kahte hai ?

Female militant arrested in Lahore found to be IS-affiliate who went missing

By Rana Tanveer
Published: April 16, 2017

LAHORE: Atleast one militant was killed while four others, including a woman, were arrested on Saturday in a joint operation by the Counter-Terrorism Department [CTD] and security agencies in Lahore.
According to sources, the militants had planned to target churches and Christian gatherings on Easter in the city. Four security personnel were injured during the raid.
TTP hideout destroyed, huge cache of weapons recovered from FATA: ISPR
The female militant has been identified as Noreen Laghari a student of Liaqaut University of Medical Sciences who went missing on February 10, 2017. Initial investigations revealed the woman had joined Islamic State.
SSP Hyderabad Police, Irfan Baloch had informed the media the young woman was reportedly inspired by the IS ideology. A CCTV footage showed her leaving for Lahore alone. She had later informed her family through social media that she had reached the land of Khilafat.
Local police believes the medical student had intentionally joined the militant group, adding that around a dozen female students of high profile educational institutions, missing from different areas of the province were believed to have joined IS.
LEAs kill nine terrorists in Dera Ghazi Khan
According to the suspects father, Dr Abdul Jabbar Laghar, Noreen had left home for university to attend morning classes on February 10 and had been missing since. Rejecting the claims of Hyderabad Police and other LEAs, Professor Leghari said his daughters view were not so radical that she could leave home and join a militant organisation. He claimed she might have been kidnapped.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1385163...-went-missing/

Last edited: