Simple Things: courtesy Professor Stanley Sobottka

bhitai

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
In contrast, the sage has a welldeveloped intellect and conceptualizes but sees that separation is an illusion.
how do you define 'intellect' in the first place?

and what is a 'sage'? a quality that *you* attribute to someone or something inherent with the person?
if I claim that there's no such thing as intellect cuz I can't see it, how do you respond?

e.g., in dreamless sleep, under anesthesia, or in samadhi

'dreamless sleep' : how do you tell if someone had a dreamless sleep? do we have a way of observing what's inside one's mind? (you do know that people have reported NDEs while being brain-dead, don't you?)

bhitai

^why don't you enlighten me, considering you are a passionate follower/student of the good professor (how else can one explain you posting a tidbit here, without much input of your own). Cut and paste doesn't hurt your fingers, as far as I can tell.

bhitai

^well no offense taken, but you just lost a prospective convert!

a little piece of advice for you: before posting random stuff, take a little time first to READ it yourself.

may be I did read it first, and then asked my questions - but of course it's much harder for you to actually reply a question than to hide behind 'go figure it yourself' mantra!

bhitai

I propagate education not believes,
let's see how you define 'education' in the first place, something you are here to propagate!

if u find anything meaningful take it, if not just ignore it. Once u have read the book and if u still have genuine questions i will definitively answer those.

my questions were based on the little 'sampler' you threw out there to interest the forum members here. After all, weren't you trying to generate some interest by posting the tidbit in the first place? now if you cannot defend/explain what you Ctrl-Ved here, I don't know if you deserve to put your handle in front of the good professor's name in the first place..

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear Mr 420
Salam
I have told u earlier to change your nick but again you are posting stupid material on sensitive issue.
I will try to tell u u a story which our elder used to tell us regarding existance of GOD..
U might find it funny or abusive but as your nick showing your approach & mindset, i hope u will not mind it. :lol:
One person who didnot believed in GOD asked muslim teacher, DID YOUR ALLAH EXIST..
he told him to sit on a chair in front of him... Then he bring a stick, & with it he hit him on his hand both right & left. The man started shouting that it hurts, the teacher told him, can u show me where it hurts, the man told the teacher that he is feeling pain in his both hands. The teacher replied that i cannot see your pain, where it is can u show your pain to me or any one in class, actually the pain is in your head, it exists but u cannot show this to me or any one in class. So by your definition that i cannot see your ALLAH , do v believe that it doesnot exist..
Another man who doesnot believe in GOD contacted a wise man, asked him same question that does your ALLAH exist. There was a kid passing by selling EGGS, the wise man called him & bought one egg..
Then he gave that egg in the hand of that man & ask him to hold..
Then he ask him, can u see any window or door, from which some one can enter & put something inside.. He said no. Wise man asked do u know that there is hard shell outside & soft shell inside without any breakage. He said yes..
Do u know there are two liquids inside one is white & one is yellow, but both cannot enter into the other, he said yes..
Wiseman asked, can u guess from these two liquids that will it be a male or female.. He said no..
The wise man asked can some one from out side the egg put a chick instead of those two liquids.. He said no..
Wiseman replied, if no one can do this, but all these things do happen & after certain time the chick, some times Male & some times Female, hatches from that egg, dont u agree that there is a CREATOR who is doing all this.. This is our & yours ALLAH, who knows all & who creates all but not created by other.
I hope u will understand, show some seriousness & change your nick, other wise you are wasting your time & all of the members...
Jaza-k-ALLAH

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dear Pali420
If these are old stories, then sorry to say that i cannot find u new CREATOR/GOD/ALLAH, as HE is before the beginning & will remain after end.. If today's man cannot find CREATOR/GOD/ALLAH in the availability of ELECTRON MICROSCOPE, ULTRASOUND, DOPPLER, CTSCAN, MRI, CATSCAN, many more similar inventions, then, when he will find him..
May ALLAH help u to find the right path..
I have posted a 1hour video of newly convert muslim, he has studied many religions, i hope if u listen to his words carefully u will get most of your questions answered..
http://www.siasat.pk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10123
Best of luck & my prayers for you. Sorry if i have hurt u in any way. Please, atleast remove 420 from ur nick :-)
Jaza-k-ALLAH

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
pali420 said:
Mr. biomat

These are very old stories to brain wash kids, today pain and pleasure can be detected and seen by others with modern brain scan techniques, and life has been created in labs. if u don't understand some thing that does not prove the existence of god in any manner, that only proves ur ignorance toward those issues.

and God is not my issue, I neither accept nor deny the existence of god. I simply don't know but i am working 2 find out the truth.

---Would you be kind enough to share,how did you come about this conclusion life was created in labs :o :shock: :oops: ..Do not confuse cloning as this process involves taking the original DNA sample which was "Never ever Created in the labs or anywhere else" and then processed under "Gene Mapping and Cloning",in short Original Genes that are hereditary factor transmitted from parents to offspring that influences traits amongst them,were never ever created in lab but by only The Almighty Allah (SWT). :D...

--Even the major goal of Human Genome Project initiated in 1991,is the identification of the entire 3 Billion -base pair human DNA sequence :) ..these methods are just an Approach and means to identify the genes responsible for inherited diseases :ugeek:

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
attachment.php

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
pali420 said:
Mr. Biomat

Getting hurt or hurting are both concepts, as all questions and all answers are mere concepts and all concepts are false except this very concept, I am only sure of my self everything else are mere conceptual memory, truth is beyond all these.

---Conceptual facts aren't mere a theory but based on Proofs and Collected Data that lead to the practical application of any hypothesis if not all :D

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
pali420 said:
Mr. taul

Please watch a BBC Four documentary the Cell.

---So you do not know the answer to a simple thing :oops: :roll: ..You ought to not write about Molecular and Cellular biology here :ugeek: i can give you dozens of link but what's the use when you won't be able to grasp the Intricacies of em.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
pali420 said:
Mr. Taul

Please read the doc from the university link for all these answers. I have go to work now.

thanks all
waking up is not a choice but a destination for all of us.

--Mental growth and strength isn't an option for any skilled,learned and an intellectual but a Must!! :ugeek: