Siasi people, what is your profession? Hobbies?

Bubber Shair

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
naheen, jungle mein.
تم اگر ایسی صاف صاف جگتیں لگاو گے تو مجھے برا نہیں لگے گا مگر کسی کو فیملی کا نام لے کر گالی دینے سے وہ بھی جوابا گالی ہی دے گا امید ہے کہ آئیندہ سمجھداری سے پوسٹ کیا کرو گے

MSUMAIRZ

MPA (400+ posts)
MBA International Marketing
Lived in USA after getting Married and was employed as Front Desk Manager at Hyatt Place in Washington DC.
Also worked as a Salesperson and later Asst Dept Manager at the same store in Consumer Electronics.
Currently in Pakistan, In Sha Allah soon opening my own Shoes Store.
P.S I hate NOONIES and JIYALAS, hard core Imran Khan supporter. I repeat Support IK not PTI.

Rambler

Thats a hell of a list, and is understandable in the purview of your hobbies i.e. Astrophotography/skywatching.

But as you are also into Crypto, therefore, if you happen to get some time, then do go through the book "Skin in the Game" by Nassim Taleb. The book is about the risk factors. You must have heard the term "Black Swan events", well, the term was first coined by this author. It is not too technical about the finance terminologies etc, so quite easy to read.

On the concept of spacetime, one of my all time favorites is "The Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking and "Universe in a nutshell".

It's good to see that a lot of people are into the habit of reading.

Sohail Shuja

It's good to see that a lot of people are into the habit of reading.
جی کتاب پڑھتے ہوئے جو نیند آتی ہے، وہ تو لسّی پی کے بھی نہیں آتی۔ کتابیں میں سونے کے لیئے پڑھتا ہوں۔
اور ویسے بھی، کتاب کے بڑے فائدے ہیں، مثلاً اگر آپ کے پاس تکیہ نہ ہو تو سر کے نیچے رکھ کر آپ آرام سے سو سکتے ہیں۔

Sohail Shuja

Re you sure that you are only Matric-pass? I do not think so
That is my only qualification I am sure about. Rest are puzzling. I think it was a great conspiracy of the educational institutions who tried to get rid of me by awarding me further qualifications and passing me out.

Lately, I was thinking to register a complaint against those institutions and sue them for this "great game" they played with me.

However, rest assured, my level of knowledge is no better than a simple matriculate.

Iconoclast

Thats a hell of a list, and is understandable in the purview of your hobbies i.e. Astrophotography/skywatching.

But as you are also into Crypto, therefore, if you happen to get some time, then do go through the book "Skin in the Game" by Nassim Taleb. The book is about the risk factors. You must have heard the term "Black Swan events", well, the term was first coined by this author. It is not too technical about the finance terminologies etc, so quite easy to read.

On the concept of spacetime, one of my all time favorites is "The Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking and "Universe in a nutshell".
I've read both of those and he did a wonderful job of breaking it down for the layperson. I'd have shared my goodreads profile but I do not wish to expose my identity. Speaking of which you might wanna check out "Dreams of the other worlds" by Chris Impey and "Astrophysics for people in a hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson.
The problem with Nassim is he's got this tunnel vision about Crypto looking at it from a trader's point of view and we can never see eye to eye...
When Obama Administration directed Visa/Mastercard and other payment gateways to stop processing donations to Wikileaks, Bitcoin was created.... you can send it to anyone, anywhere and you hold your private keys, so you hold your funds, no one else.... and that's it's true power.... But I digress.

Iconoclast

You seem to be from Karachi. There is a street where all that kind of Niazis live together. I am aware of Niazi Goods and Transport Services as well. Since, I am a labor so constantly keep in touch with both of them i.e industrial wastewater treatment and goods forwarding.

Regarding wastewater treatment, I worked on "Bioremedial" techniques in oil and gas industry. Our focus was to introduce green technologies for the filtration of produced water from the oil and gas sites and we found that "phragmites" may be helpful. So, the first plant (i.e. wetland) was made at NIMR (Oman).

I wonder if such plants can be made in Pakistan?
Ah Oman, my country of birth... Father was serving as Director of Education back then, the only non Omani asian....

Bubber Shair

That is my only qualification I am sure about. Rest are puzzling. I think it was a great conspiracy of the educational institutions who tried to get rid of me by awarding me further qualifications and passing me out.

Lately, I was thinking to register a complaint against those institutions and sue them for this "great game" they played with me.

However, rest assured, my level of knowledge is no better than a simple matriculate.
میرے ساتھ تمیز سے بات کیا کرو یو میٹرکولیشن

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
You seem to be from Karachi. There is a street where all that kind of Niazis live together. I am aware of Niazi Goods and Transport Services as well. Since, I am a labor so constantly keep in touch with both of them i.e industrial wastewater treatment and goods forwarding.

Regarding wastewater treatment, I worked on "Bioremedial" techniques in oil and gas industry. Our focus was to introduce green technologies for the filtration of produced water from the oil and gas sites and we found that "phragmites" may be helpful. So, the first plant (i.e. wetland) was made at NIMR (Oman).

yes sir, I am from Karachi. born and raised in Kharadar and moved to Gulshan Iqbal back in early 80s.
probably niazi chowk or niazi colony you mean. yes, many of my kind live there. ? its in lyari. as most of us earn their livelihood from transport and karachi port.

Anything and everything can be made in Pakistan. the only thing wrong about that is, the industrialists don'T want to invest in water treatment plants. as it cuts their profit.
my heart bleeds when I see how we poisoned our ground water in karachi. It contains all sorts of heavy metals, salts and chemicals. many times higher than what international organizations have set standard for the drinking water quality index.

my work takes me to places. and these days living in austria. working on a biological wastewater treatment plant for a paper and carton manufacturer. the water is treatet before it is induced in the river or recycled back to the paper machine. and as a byproduct, biogas is produced.

RealPeople

Minister (2k+ posts)
yes sir, I am from Karachi. born and raised in Kharadar and moved to Gulshan Iqbal back in early 80s.
probably niazi chowk or niazi colony you mean. yes, many of my kind live there. ? its in lyari. as most of us earn their livelihood from transport and karachi port.

Anything and everything can be made in Pakistan. the only thing wrong about that is, the industrialists don'T want to invest in water treatment plants. as it cuts their profit.
my heart bleeds when I see how we poisoned our ground water in karachi. It contains all sorts of heavy metals, salts and chemicals. many times higher than what international organizations have set standard for the drinking water quality index.

my work takes me to places. and these days living in austria. working on a biological wastewater treatment plant for a paper and carton manufacturer. the water is treatet before it is induced in the river or recycled back to the paper machine. and as a byproduct, biogas is produced.

RealPeople

Minister (2k+ posts)

Excellent. Well done. Really interesting. You are very lucky to have the opportunity of working in such a field and getting the experience