Shaukat Taren said today that Economy is on negative side

tempting

Councller (250+ posts)
اللہ کرے میں غلط ہوں لیکن یہ دو ہفتوں میں اوقات پر آجائگا۔
اگر امریکہ کو پاکستان کی ضرورت نہ ہوئی تو پھرآئی ایم ایف شرطوں سے پیچھے نہیں ہٹے گا

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
اللہ کرے میں غلط ہوں لیکن یہ دو ہفتوں میں اوقات پر آجائگا۔
اگر امریکہ کو پاکستان کی ضرورت نہ ہوئی تو پھرآئی ایم ایف شرطوں سے پیچھے نہیں ہٹے گا
He said that today again Hafeez Sheik purposely made a bad deal with IMF and chocked the entire economy and buying power of people. He said IMF is giving everyone relief but not Pakistan why?

He said only 1st year of IMF is hard but if we go by IMF track than Inflation will be worst than 2018-2020 in 2021 due to that we have to hike electricity tariff by 5 rupee ,which is very unfair.

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
He said only 1st year of IMF is hard but if we go by IMF track than Inflation will be worst than 2018-2020 in 2021 due to that we have to hike electricity tariff by 5 rupee ,which is very unfair.
Stop lying. Price hike of electricity is due to IPP contracts signed by previous govts. It has nothing to do with IMF.

kakamuna420

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Jazbaati

Minister (2k+ posts)

arafay

I disagree with him that economy is bad. In fact I think pakistan economy is stable now.

However, I agree with him about renegotiating the IMF deal. Given that pakistani economy is now stable, we have more wiggle room. In fact, I think if we prolong the negotiations for 6 months, we may not even need IMF. This is because our current account is in surplus and we have inflows coming in through Roshan digital account of about $200Mil per month which is over $2 billion per year. Why the hell we need IMF loan for?

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
I disagree with him that economy is bad. In fact I think pakistan economy is stable now.

However, I agree with him about renegotiating the IMF deal. Given that pakistani economy is now stable, we have more wiggle room. In fact, I think if we prolong the negotiations for 6 months, we may not even need IMF. This is because our current account is in surplus and we have inflows coming in through Roshan digital account of about $200Mil per month which is over $2 billion per year. Why the hell we need IMF loan for?
how we will pay 10 billion next fiscal year. IMF program is only required for BOP and paying out loan ,which you can default on.

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
IMF is not wrong. IMF asked you to increase taxes and prices and decrease imports to curtail circular debt and fiscal deficit. It is our own fault not of IMF
He did not say IMF wrong. He said in Kamran show that Hafeez made a very bad deal and our ecnonmy will further choke if go by IMF rules. He said Hafeez made all burden on first go of IMF ,however, deal is with IMF for 3 year not 3 months.

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
He did not say IMF wrong. He said in Kamran show that Hafeez made a very bad deal and our ecnonmy will further choke if go by IMF rules. He said Hafeez made all burden on first go of IMF ,however, deal is with IMF for 3 year not 3 months.
If deal is so bad, how come forex, exports, current account all going up?

arafay

how we will pay 10 billion next fiscal year. IMF program is only required for BOP and paying out loan ,which you can default on.

10 billion is to be paid over 12 months not in a single tranche. As i mentioned RDA is averaging 2.5 billion per year. That leaves us with 7.5 billion. Pakistans foreign reserves are over $23 billiom right now so 7-8 billion can be managed as long as current account remains balanced. As of 31st March 2021 current account is approx $1 billion surplus!

kakamuna420

I support Imran but when he all the time pampers sbp's interest based programs than I fear Allah will .....

Curious_Mind

Senator (1k+ posts)
Shaukat Taren said today that Economy is on negative side and we have to renegotiate with IMF. He said what Hafez sheik negotiate was a very bad deal.
کس چ کو وزیر بنا دیا ہے؟
یہ سب ایک دوسرے کو نیچا دکھانے کے چکر میں عمران خان کے لہسن لگا رہے ہیں۔

back to the future

it is not IMF but IPP rates that are killing pakistan and circular debt is now out of control

How foreign debt can be repaid only if exports surplus and fiscal profit more revenue than debt

Till now we are paying debts from more money borrowed resulting in increase in foreign debt.