Scientists find way to make old human cells young again

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
5a0414a2fc7e93e75d8b4567.jpg

Scientists have discovered how to make old human cells young again through rejuvenation. It’s an exciting discovery that could change the way humans age.
Researchers at the University of Exeter and University of Brighton found they could rejuvenate senescent cells, cells that had stopped their natural growth cycle,causing them to start to divide again. The experiment found they not only look younger, but also behave like younger cells.

“When I saw some of the cells in the culture dish rejuvenating I couldn't believe it. These old cells were looking like young cells. It was like magic,” researcher Dr. Eva Latorre said. “I repeated the experiments several times and in each case the cells rejuvenated. I am very excited by the implications and potential for this research.

5a041169fc7e933a5c8b4567.jpg

The research builds on earlier findings that showed ‘splicing factor’ genes switch off as humans age. Scientists found a way to restart the splicing through chemicals.

According to the researchers, this could change the way we age, with the hope that humans will experience less of the degeneration that comes with aging. Older people are more likely to have strokes, heart disease and other illnesses, but with cell rejuvenation, this could be decreased.

This demonstrates that when you treat old cells with molecules that restore the levels of the splicing factors, the cells regain some features of youth,” team leader Professor Lorna Harries said. They are able to grow, and their telomeres - the caps on the ends of the chromosomes that shorten as we age - are now longer, as they are in young cells. Far more research is needed now, to establish the true potential for these sort [sic] of approaches to address the degenerative effects of ageing.

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/409314-old-cell-rejuvenation-breakthrough/

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
ہمیشہ جوان رہنا ہے تو ایک ہی طریقہ ہے
اسلام
. . . . . . .
سب کو دعوت ہے جو چاہے سوال پوچھ لیں
Kiyoun Islam ko bad naam kertay ho ? Islam is a religion and nothing to do with medical science at large specially diseases, vaccines and stem cell research. You think you are doing favour to Islam by giving people the impression that it has the antidote for aging?

There is only 1

Kiyoun Islam ko bad naam kertay ho ? Islam is a religion and nothing to do with medical science at large specially diseases, vaccines and stem cell research. You think you are doing favour to Islam by giving people the impression that it has the antidote for aging?
تم کیا جانو اسلام کیا ہے

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Scientists at Harvard University are working on extending human life and recently they have found the genes responsible for aging. In fact, they have also figured out how long a man will live by analyzing his genome. (That is your biological age)

Last edited:

Sohail Shuja

Scientists at Harvard University are working on extending human life and recently they have found the genes responsible for aging. In fact, they have also figured out how long a man will live about analyzing his genome. (That is your biological age)

Yes, indeed Harvard Scientists have been trying to find the time clock of the human cell and it appears as if they have made a stride.

However, I tend to somewhat "Ponder" on the idea of prolonging age of a person through biological means. I mean what if a person has an accident and dies of purely physical reasons?

Phir aakhir main Science k ouper shairi aa jaati hay!

سامان سو برس کا ہے پل کی خبر نہیں

However, it is something really interesting and has a tendency to open new doorways of knowledge and understanding. It is very likely that there will be a cure possible for many ailments and conditions e.g. as in Alzheimer, brain cells start to age really fast, so may be, this will be helpful in undoing that.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Yes, indeed Harvard Scientists have been trying to find the time clock of the human cell and it appears as if they have made a stride.

However, I tend to somewhat "Ponder" on the idea of prolonging age of a person through biological means. I mean what if a person has an accident and dies of purely physical reasons?

However, it is something really interesting and has a tendency to open new doorways of knowledge and understanding. It is very likely that there will be a cure possible for many ailments and conditions e.g. as in Alzheimer, brain cells start to age really fast, so may be, this will be helpful in undoing that.

As a Muslim, it is our belief that every soul will taste death.

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)

a lot of work is being done on longevity

Most of these researches and their results although promising are done on cellular level but when applied to a full human body either fail completely or lose their efficacy. A good example in this regards is : every now and then we hear that scientists have successfully tested a chemical ingredient/active agent that kills cancer cells in a lab environment. However , interesting to note is that it does work in lab environment on a cellular level but when tested on live humans does not yield the desired results” a good example is brain cancer .

Coming to physical death as in case of an accident, no gene research has shown prospects in putting the life back into a person who dies of physical trauma.

Sohail Shuja

Most of these researches and their results although promising are done on cellular level but when applied to a full human body either fail completely or lose their efficacy. A good example in this regards is : every now and then we hear that scientists have successfully tested a chemical ingredient/active agent that kills cancer cells in a lab environment. However , interesting to note is that it does work in lab environment on a cellular level but when tested on live humans does not yield the desired results” a good example is brain cancer .

Coming to physical death as in case of an accident, no gene research has shown prospects in putting the life back into a person who dies of physical trauma.
Yes, it is because the human body is comprised of different systems, made up of different organs, consisting of different tissues, composed of different cells.

A cell in its own existence is the fundamental block of life, however, when it is inside a multi cellular organism, it is integrated with numerous others. Therefore, you may have a success in isolation when dealing with a cancer cell (in a lab), but when the same cancer cell is inside an organism, it becomes very hard to handle. The cancer cell, before dying may create many other cancer cells which may hide themselves inside other parts. Like many localized cancers, when treated improperly, transformed into other kinds of cancer in relapse phase and most common of them is the cancer in the lymph nodes and bones.

Though, this research has a capability to treat many ailments and conditions which are localized to a certain organ. However, escaping death is just another story!

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes, it is because the human body is comprised of different systems, made up of different organs, consisting of different tissues, composed of different cells.

A cell in its own existence is the fundamental block of life, however, when it is inside a multi cellular organism, it is integrated with numerous others. Therefore, you may have a success in isolation when dealing with a cancer cell (in a lab), but when the same cancer cell is inside an organism, it becomes very hard to handle. The cancer cell, before dying may create many other cancer cells which may hide themselves inside other parts. Like many localized cancers, when treated improperly, transformed into other kinds of cancer in relapse phase and most common of them is the cancer in the lymph nodes and bones.

Though, this research has a capability to treat many ailments and conditions which are localized to a certain organ. However, escaping death is just another story!
Very well put and explained beautifully. My fear now : youthia party will jump in and ruin the entire thread with their usual non sense chant “ noora” “ bhagoori” billoooo and perhaps some will even try to convince us that shaukat khan hospital offers a special gene therapy- discovered by pinky peerni And that can cure all types of cancers?

Last edited: