Science, Arts, Belief, Right & Wrong...

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Im not saying it with certainty, for the record I don't know where the Universe comes from and neither do you.

We have been evolved to live in a 3 dimensional world but we know that there are more than 3 dimensions. Our brains cannot comprehend it and therefore we cannot trust our personal intuitions to answer these questions.

it confuses me where u want to take this discussion..
what is ur goal here
why do u discuss these things..at times u feel like an atheist then u sound like an agnostic

when u say there might be no time space outside our reality..what does that mean for us as human..
when u say we are in a simulation..what is ur basis for it other than it being fanboyish..what do u intend to find beyond this simulation..and doesnt it beg the question who created it. lets say its a simulation..as a human i break this simulation and enter another world..wouldnt i be going in circle and ask these same question

we are humans and we have been blessed with brains either by a Creator or evolution and we will always try to find explanation and fill in the blanks either through science or through logical reasoning..u cant run away from it

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
He is all over the place. He ranks himself an atheist but quickly shifts to agnosticism when encountered. Francis Bacon once famously said "A little philosophy inclines one's mind to atheism , depth of philosophy leads one to religion". Vitamin is a man of little philosophy. All what he has in his stock are rhetorics of Hitchens , sweeping statements and agnostic outbursts
?
i have never been this confuse

Vitamin_C

I am atheistic about religions and Gods. As there is no evidence to support them. But I am not an agnostic.

Agnostic is someone who says that we can never know the answer. I am not saying that. I am just saying I don't know the answer.

There is a difference between saying I do not know the answer and saying that the answer can never be known.

He is all over the place. He ranks himself an atheist but quickly shifts to agnosticism when encountered. Francis Bacon once famously said "A little philosophy inclines one's mind to atheism , depth of philosophy leads one to religion". Vitamin is a man of little philosophy. All what he has in his stock are rhetorics of Hitchens , sweeping statements and agnostic outbursts

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
Our brains cannot comprehend it and therefore we cannot trust our personal intuitions to answer these questions.

there it is the definition of agnostic..u simply dont have the tools

i would humbly advise u not to jump in this discusion and dont try to redicule us and look down upon us for our beliefs even if blind

Vitamin_C

Variation of the Cosmological arguments existed before Muslims. But point is these arguments have been debunked centuries ago. Before you present it, check that its valid. Just because someone has an argument doesnt mean that its a valid one.

This is just another uninformed cliche from you. The Casmological argument was developed by Muslims. Anyways , what you are regurgitating here are internet atheists cliches and the rhetorical lines of Christopher Hitchens et al. I don't think so that you can go on with a scholarly debate.

Vitamin_C

I said our brains cannot comprehend it, I did not say that we do not posses methods and tools that can be used to study physics. You are taking my quotes out of context.

You cannot use your personal intuition but you can use mathematics and physics that was my point. Our intuition is based on our evolution and what was necessary for us to survive in a 3 dimensional world.

there it is the definition of agnostic..u simply dont have the tools

i would humbly advise u not to jump in this discusion and dont try to redicule us and look down upon us for our beliefs even if blind

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
I said our brains cannot comprehend it, I did not say that we do not posses methods and tools that can be used to study physics. You are taking my quotes out of context.

You cannot use your personal intuition but you can use mathematics and physics that was my point. Our intuition is based on our evolution and what was necessary for us to survive in a 3 dimensional world.
okay lets say we enter an 11 dimension world..lets say we even get to 26...

what do u think we will find there..do u think this question will be solved
do u think we wont be facing more question like these ?
do u think when we reach 26 dimension will that answer all or our question or we will have to answer even more

ur basing ur arguments on something that is unknown..
unknown will bring even more mysteries..it simply is a baseless argument and fall down on its head

Lord Botta

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am atheistic about religions and Gods. As there is no evidence to support them. But I am not an agnostic.

Agnostic is someone who says that we can never know the answer. I am not saying that. I am just saying I don't know the answer.

There is a difference between saying I do not know the answer and saying that the answer can never be known.
Ah me Lord what are you on about? An atheist is always an atheist about God and religion , there can't be anything else you can be atheist about so that was just a redundant explanation
An agnostic is someone who believes or asserts that given the current data and arguments , I can neither affirm nor deny the existence of God. An agnostic has nothing to do with a future claim as you have implied. Kindly correct your pretensions

Vitamin_C

I do not think you are understanding my argument.

My argument is simply that, we cannot say where the universe comes from because we do not have conclusive evidence to support any one claim.

By Dimensions I mean you can only visualize 3-4 dimensions after that your brain cannot visualize it you need math to solve the problems from that point and you cannot use your personal intuition.

okay lets say we enter an 11 dimension world..lets say we even get to 26...

what do u think we will find there..do u think this question will be solved
do u think we wont be facing more question like these ?
do u think when we reach 26 dimension will that answer all or our question or we will have to answer even more

ur basing ur arguments on something that is unknown..
unknown will bring even more mysteries..it simply is a baseless argument and fall down on its head

Vitamin_C

You have your definitions mixed up.

An atheist simply disbelieves that there is a God. He is neither saying there is a God or there isnt a God.

An Agnostic on the other hand is a person who says it can never be known whether there is a God or not.

They are similar but the main difference is that an Agnostic is making a claim that the answer can never be known while the atheist is not making any claims.

a·the·ist
/ˈāTHēəst/

noun

1. a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

ag·nos·tic
/aɡˈnästik/

noun

1. a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.
Ah me Lord what are you on about? An atheist is always an atheist about God and religion , there can't be anything else you can be atheist about so that was just a redundant explanation
An agnostic is someone who believes or asserts that given the current data and arguments , I can neither affirm nor deny the existence of God. An agnostic has nothing to do with a future claim as you have implied. Kindly correct your pretensions

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
I do not think you are understanding my argument.

My argument is simply that, we cannot say where the universe comes from because we do not have conclusive evidence to support any one claim.

By Dimensions I mean you can only visualize 3-4 dimensions after that your brain cannot visualize it you need math to solve the problems from that point and you cannot use your personal intuition.
no i want take ur argument to another lvl
lets say we human evolve into a specie which can visualize 1000dimensions..why are u certain these questions will be answered

why are u certain that an advance 10000dimensional specie will have no problems regarding these question

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
You have your definitions mixed up.

An atheist simply disbelieves that there is a God. He is neither saying there is a God or there isnt a God.
when ur neither saying that there is a God nor saying that there is no God..how and why are u disbelieving him then..
isnt it contradictory or am i missing something

Vitamin_C

Usually when you do not know something. You refrain from making a judgement on that thing. Thats what rational people do.

I do not know that there is a God or if there isn't one. Therefore I cannot make a judgement on it.

When you do not know something, the default position is always disbelief until you have enough evidence to believe in it. But disbelief doesn't mean that you are saying it doesn't exist. You are just saying you do not know.

If a hedge fund manager comes to you and says invest all your money with him he will double it on a year. He doesn't give you any proof of it. What will be your default position? To believe what he is saying or disbelieve?

when ur neither saying that there is a God nor saying that there is no God..how and why are u disbelieving him then..
isnt it contradictory or am i missing something

Vitamin_C

When did I say that I am certain an advance civilization will be able to answer it?

They may be able to answer it or they may not. I understand that we human beings are pattern seeking animals and not knowing something makes us feel very uneasy naturally. But you have to understand that the universe does not owe us an explanation. We might find out one day or we might now, who knows.

no i want take ur argument to another lvl
lets say we human evolve into a specie which can visualize 1000dimensions..why are u certain these questions will be answered

why are u certain that an advance 10000dimensional specie will have no problems regarding these question

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
If a hedge fund manager comes to you and says invest all your money with him he will double it on a year. He doesn't give you any proof of it. What will be your default position? To believe what he is saying or disbelieve?
default position for not knowing something is not disbelief..

for example u come to me and tell me u got straight A in all ur courses
u havent shown me ur report card
but i know ur the sharpest person i have known..ur wise intelligent hard working brilliant..
i have seen u study the whole year
my default position will be belief..i wont even ask u to show me ur report card..ill simply hug u and congratulate u

about the hedge fund manager..
if its a common practice..that money can b dbled in a year and if i know my hedge fund manager never lies..ill believe him simply

Last edited:

Prince of Dhump

Senator (1k+ posts)
When did I say that I am certain an advance civilization will be able to answer it?

They may be able to answer it or they may not. I understand that we human beings are pattern seeking animals and not knowing something makes us feel very uneasy naturally. But you have to understand that the universe does not owe us an explanation. We might find out one day or we might now, who knows.
what are u certain about ?

during this discussion..ur giving arguments then raise ur hand after a while disconnecting urself from that argument..

maybe its a good tactic to dodge questions but i would expect a rational person to be bold..
rational person will debate not to win it but change others perspective or change his own when convinced

and the universe does owe me an explanation
when i look at it..i find it a creation
i as a human want to find its creator