SC restores taxes on mobile phone scratch cards

Politically1981

MPA (400+ posts)
This is because of the ignorance of Pakistanis that they don't know but brother, Pakistanis pay shit ton of tax.

It's the indirect taxation and it's higher than most countries.

Buy a chewing gum? Govt has taxed it. Buy a car? Government has taxed it ridiculously when the real price isn't that expensive. Buy anything and government gets tax. Breath air? Government is getting tax someway

In other countries, people pay direct taxes more and indirect are less.

Only in the great Islamic Pakistan, not only is indirect taxation ridiculously high but the government is actively pursuing to directly tax poor and middle class.

So no, nobody is living on subsidies.

I completely agree with you regarding the direct and indirect taxes ratio tilted in favour of indirect taxes and it must be corrected. However mobile phone isn’t that much of a need and more of a luxury and must be taxed, although I am in favour of higher sales tax than withholding tax. And it’s not true that Pakistanis pay taxes overwhelmingly. Only 1 percent pay income tax, most of the items you have mentioned carry sales tax which is coming in other countries, like in the UK VAT is 20 percent. Other than that people here pay income tax, different classes of national insurance, sales tax and customs including road tax. Pakistan is a unique country where the per capita income is roughly 700 dollars and the tax free allowance is 10,000 dollars roughly (no tax on income up to 1.2 Million). And Pakistanis do have a habit of living on subsidies. Take the example to subsidising Hajj. Only twenty percent of the population are using gas and government is subsidising it at the expense of 80 percent population. Subsidies are beneficial when it adds long term value.

Steyn

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I completely agree with you regarding the direct and indirect taxes ratio tilted in favour of indirect taxes and it must be corrected. However mobile phone isn’t that much of a need and more of a luxury and must be taxed, although I am in favour of higher sales tax than withholding tax. And it’s not true that Pakistanis pay taxes overwhelmingly. Only 1 percent pay income tax, most of the items you have mentioned carry sales tax which is coming in other countries, like in the UK VAT is 20 percent. Other than that people here pay income tax, different classes of national insurance, sales tax and customs including road tax. Pakistan is a unique country where the per capita income is roughly 700 dollars and the tax free allowance is 10,000 dollars roughly (no tax on income up to 1.2 Million). And Pakistanis do have a habit of living on subsidies. Take the example to subsidising Hajj. Only twenty percent of the population are using gas and government is subsidising it at the expense of 80 percent population. Subsidies are beneficial when it adds long term value.

The issue of Pakistan is simple. There are haramis ruling it.

You can try to tax the people until there aren't any middle class people left anymore and it's economy will be in shitter.

PTI ministers themselves don't pay taxes, why the hell would any sane Pakistani wsnt to give their hard earned money to these crooks?

Politically1981

MPA (400+ posts)
The issue of Pakistan is simple. There are haramis ruling it.

You can try to tax the people until there aren't any middle class people left anymore and it's economy will be in shitter.

PTI ministers themselves don't pay taxes, why the hell would any sane Pakistani wsnt to give their hard earned money to these crooks?

This is another subject as to why people don’t or shouldn’t pay taxes. You might be right but my comments are strictly in the context of tax on mobile cards.

bhaibarood

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
کیا موبائل فون کے بنا زندگی ممکن نہیں
مجھے پورا یقین ہے کہ موبائل ٹیکنالوجی سے پہلے بھی لوگ زندہ تھے
phone is not a luxury its a necessity !
yeh Niazi ko tesri shadi ki kia zarorat thee?
Pinky se pehley bhi Niazi zinda tha?

Last edited:

Noon_Leak_CHOR_hy

Senator (1k+ posts)
potiyan phone is not a luxury its a necessity !
yeh Niazi ko tesri shadi ki kia zarorat thee?
Pinky se pehley bhi Niazi zinda tha?
حضرت بہتر ہو گا اگر آپ عنوان پر بات کریں- میرا تعلق تحریک انصاف سے نہیں ہے اور میں کسی کی ذاتی زندگی پر بات نہیں کیا کرتا

Gujjar1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Good move as government need tax revenue
Yes you are right its time for sacrifice sbd pigs cant be sacrificed so poor people like sheeps must ready to scarifice, fuck where are the reforms.
in whole world business is the main source of revenue generation not those i direct taxes.