Resistance Bands vs Weights?

UFC2015

Voter (50+ posts)
Does anyone exercise using resistance bands at home? I have taken to it recently because i got frustrated waiting around for gyms to open, they finally opened gyms in Toronto in August but have shut them down again because of the rising number of cases, my prediction is that the gyms will remain shut till the end of the Winter i.e. May 2021 because this virus is most effective during the cooler weathers.

Surprisingly i have found the Resistance bands to be pretty decent, the only exercises i have not been able to do are the legs i.e. leg extensions, leg press machines and will have to find a creative way to do it. Using the resistance bands in my opinion is mostly about creativity and practice.

Just wanted to know if anyone over here is using this mode of exercising and what are their views on it?

Digital_Pakistani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The plastic/elastic resistance bands work well for arms/shoulders. Got them a few months back, no issue.

Plenty of aerobic exercise videos available on Youtube for lower body. Suit yourself.

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Get the right strength so they don't get torn mid exercise as that can be dangerous. Same caution with using old ones.

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
JPG320.jpg

JPG128.jpg
JPG128.jpg
JPG128.jpg

Weights are better than resistance rods which tend to break once become brittle and then replacement is expensive depending on the rod strength.

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
JPG320.jpg

JPG128.jpg
JPG128.jpg
JPG128.jpg

Weights are better than resistance rods which tend to break once become brittle and then replacement is expensive depending on the rod strength.
Rods are easy to get caught in. Bands are better for lighter weights. Although they can also break once left in sun for long/old/with heavier weights.