* Question for Overseas Pakistanis *

TheYouth

Senator (1k+ posts)
pakistani_passport.jpg

If a person is a Canadian or US Citizen (holding a foreign passport) AND also holding a Pakistani Passport; can that person use their Pakistani passport to enter Pakistan?

Response from consulate, "the individual should get a NICOP ($55) or get a Pakistani visa in their foreign passport ($120)". I really believe that they responded in such a manner, so they can generate money for their corrupt Noora government even though those documents might not be needed. The consulate ignored my question and was beating around the bush.

Has anyone traveled with their foreign passport and Pakistani passport and entered Pakistan without any problems/issues?

Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

kwan225

Minister (2k+ posts)
You'll create problems for yourself by doing that, they will ask for ID. Although passport is an ID but its very hard to convince them, they don't understand logic.
By the way NICOP is not very expensive ( i believe around $50) and it is for 10 years.
Best situation is to use your US passport with your NICOP. Good luck.

samiather

MPA (400+ posts)
I went to Pakistan in Jan this year and used my Aussie passport and Pakistan passport to travel.
Which is I showed them my Aussie Passport in Australia. They also asked for Pakistani Passport which I showed to them , but the Exit Stamp was on Ausralian Passport.
When in Pakistan, I just showed them my Pak Passport
and Similarly on the way back, did this in reverse order.

No problems faced in this process

CanPak2

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bahi Behar hay ek passport lay Kar jao. Two passports in your posession can land you in trouble. I personally prefer to have Pakistani visa on Canadian passport, cause that gives you smooth sail through various check points. Also the travel on Canadian passport makes Canadian govt responsible to assist you on foreign lands. Travelling on Pakistani passport will entitle you to seek help from Pakistani govt if you land in trouble. Paying 120 is worth the money.

amber123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Either a valid NICOP or a valid pakistani passport is requsite for entry to Pakistan. In case both are invalid/expired so you need visa on foreign passport for the purpose. For renewal of passport you need a valid NICOP and for NICOP.

GeoG

There is no issue if you show your Pakistani passport when you arrive in Pakistan and same at exit time
having said that better to have NICOP as you may need it in Pakistan for sim card and some other matters ..

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)
Nicop is the best way to travel which proves you are pakistani citizen so you dont need visa to enter in your country & its handy valid for 10 years, its like you get usa passport card so you can travel canada & any state in america through airport.

Come on my friend what do u think what's els passport is for .. If u really wana make fun then apply Pakistani visa on Pakistani passport Lolz ..

Either a valid NICOP or a valid pakistani passport is requsite for entry to Pakistan. In case both are invalid/expired so you need visa on foreign passport for the purpose. For renewal of passport you need a valid NICOP and for NICOP.
U can. Still enter u need your date of birth .unless if some Nora is not sitting in there

TheYouth

Senator (1k+ posts)
I went to Pakistan in Jan this year and used my Aussie passport and Pakistan passport to travel.
Which is I showed them my Aussie Passport in Australia. They also asked for Pakistani Passport which I showed to them , but the Exit Stamp was on Ausralian Passport.
When in Pakistan, I just showed them my Pak Passport
and Similarly on the way back, did this in reverse order.

No problems faced in this process

If I understood you correctly:

1.) The exit stamp was on your Aussie passport when you left Australia.
2.) You entered Pakistan, showed FIA your Pakistani passport (they didn't ask anything else or ask for your Aussie passport?)
3.) On your return from Pakistan, you showed your Aussie passport?

Thanks for the feedback.

TheYouth

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bahi Behar hay ek passport lay Kar jao. Two passports in your posession can land you in trouble. I personally prefer to have Pakistani visa on Canadian passport, cause that gives you smooth sail through various check points. Also the travel on Canadian passport makes Canadian govt responsible to assist you on foreign lands. Travelling on Pakistani passport will entitle you to seek help from Pakistani govt if you land in trouble. Paying 120 is worth the money.

Traveling with 2 passports can land you in trouble is a myth. I researched it and there is no such thing. Yes, if you travel with someone else's passport, then you are in deep trouble.

But, thanks for your feedback bro!

Lodhi

Brother, If you travel to Pakistan with Canadian or US passport and Pakistani passport. The law says, leaving Canada or US is not an issue because you have Canadian or US passport and when you enter and leave Pakistan along with your Pakistani passport you have to have either Pakistani CNIC or NICOP and will have to show your foreign passport too. The reason travelling to or from Pakistan one must have CNIC or NICOP with Passport and when you exit Pakistan you don't have US or Canadian visa on your Pakistani passport thats why you have to show your foreign passport and on foreign passport you don't have Pakistani visa thats why you have to show CNIC or NICOP.

great30

MPA (400+ posts)
I always use Pakistani passport when I enter Pakistan and use Canadian Passport when i leave Pakistan. No issue at all.

great30

MPA (400+ posts)
There is no issue if you show your Pakistani passport when you arrive in Pakistan and same at exit time
having said that better to have NICOP as you may need it in Pakistan for sim card and some other matters ..
Brother, how can you get your Pakistani passport without having NICOP/NIC? So if he can show Pakistani passport that means he already has NICOP.

great30

MPA (400+ posts)
I always travel with two passports. Never faced any trouble.

Liaqat Hussain

If you have a valid Pakistani passport, you won't need the nicop but it is Pakistan, logic usually doesn't work....they are lakeer ke fakeer most of the times. You can't even argue with their logic..lol

eye-eye-PTI

@TheYouth ... as long as your Pakistani Passport is valid and you have not surrendered Pakistani nationality you do not need NICOP card to enter Pakistan. You can use your Pakistani passport for your entry in Pakistan.

Q. Has anyone traveled with their foreign passport and Pakistani passport and entered Pakistan without any problems/issues?

Ans: Yes, Have traveled to Pakistan with British and a valid Pakistani passport without any problems.

If your Pakistani passport ix expired you will not be able to renew it without getting NICOP card.

Consulate will never answer your questions properly, God knows why.

When you enter Pakistan you'll have to show them your foreign passport as well to prove you are living there legally unless you have a valid visa stamp on Pakistani passport.

GeoG

Brother, how can you get your Pakistani passport without having NICOP/NIC? So if he can show Pakistani passport that means he already has NICOP.

Valid point
But there can be certain scenarios like one migrated in last couple of years and did not make NICOP
NIC is not accepted as your visa (not hundred percent sure) as fee for NIC is a fraction of NICOP
or one simply may have lost or NICOP was expired when you want to travel urgently ...