Pure Honey benefits and biggest honey market in Pakistan

Galaxy

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Honey is good as long as it is pure. Honey is also produced by feeding the Bees with sugar.That honey is no good and most of the honey in the west is produced by feeding Bees with sugar.

Galaxy

Countries with cold weather can not sustain Bee hives because Bees will die so they feed them with sugar.

Galaxy

Very hard to find real pure honey unless you yourself can extract direct from Beehive.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Honey is good as long as it is pure. Honey is also produced by feeding the Bees with sugar.That honey is no good and most of the honey in the west is produced by feeding Bees with sugar.
I heard from a Pakistani Beekeeper here in Canada that it is very expensive if they give sugar or glucose to bees because all they have to is to go outside to get to the flowers. normally the apiaries are in lush green areas so there is no need to give them sugar. in Pakistan also I can understand if we are taking about Karachi, Lahore and such cities but in KPK there is no need for sugar

Galaxy

Sugar in the west is dirt cheep. A white bee farmer which has his business few miles from my house said that because of cold weather in canada they can not keep the Bees alive with out feeding them sugar.

Galaxy

So he said dont buy honey produced in winter since it is mostly sugar honey. Buy it in summer because Bees can go out in summer to collect nectar since we have lot of berry farms in this area.

karachiwala

Sugar in the west is dirt cheep. A white bee farmer which has his business few miles from my house said that because of cold weather in canada they can not keep the Bees alive with out feeding them sugar.
in cold weather no one can keep the bee hives outside. they are all inside but then again we have to take their word for it

Galaxy

I went to south africa couple of years ago with 40 day jamat twice and brought some pure wild honey collected by black bushmen there. Very nice.

karachiwala

I went to south africa couple of years ago with 40 day jamat twice and brought some pure wild honey collected by black bushmen there. Very nice.
I have been to South Africa and enjoyed their delicious fruits. however, the best honey I ever tasted in my life was desert honey that I had in Las Vegas!

amm_jan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Put a teaspoon in small quantity of water and swirl it like wine slowly ..... Pure Honey makes honeycomb shape ....
If you mix sugar with honey, it'll still turn into honeycomb shape. Once I took honey from overseas to Pakistan and did this experiment. Honeycomb shape of local honey was lighter then the overseas one.