PTDC Government employees not paid for months - Naran Valley

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
I want to bring this issue to everyone's attention. The government employees in PTDC in Naran Valley have not been paid for 16 months. They are on strike as a protest during my recent trip to Kaghan Valley between 12th - 14th June.

I find this very unfair and it is the poor administration that has failed them for 2 years now. According to one of the staff, the resort generated 6 crores in sales last year, yet the government has not paid them

The manager sitting inside seemed not to care on the situation and was busy sipping his tea during the protest. I would appreciate if anyone can raise their concerns as not getting paid for 16 months is just criminal.

We struggle if we don't get paid for 1 or 2 months, and these people are without pay for such a long time. The employees are very humble and polite and are only asking for their rights.

I was very sad at the situation. Please help me raise awareness for them since I don't think media is also covering such remote areas of Pakistan. I would appreciate if someone can bring this to PTI attention, since they are only ones who can raise their voices.

I took pic as well of their strike on my visit. If anyone wants for sharing, I can email it as well.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am only able to post URL here where as I have taken pic and have file. If I send someone pic, can you please post on my behalf?

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
photo.php

Here is the pic taken while visiting PTDC hotel in Naran Valley

Feel very sad for the hotel workers who were polite to tourists despite not being paid in months