Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been taken into intensive care in hospital

Moula Jutt

Minister (2k+ posts)
_97176213_breaking_news_bigger.png

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms worsened, Downing Street has said.
Mr Johnson has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise for him, a spokesman added.
The prime minister, 55, was admitted to St Thomas' Hospital in London with "persistent symptoms" on Sunday.
@BBCBreaking on Twitter

FaisalKh

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
May be the ignorants and idiots in Pakistan and around the world will take this pandemic serious now

FaisalKh

He never had the BCG vaccination.......so has to suffer sadly

I don't know much about it but this coronavirus proves many theories with time. First they said only old and people with underlying medical conditions are vulnurable but niw we see healthy and young people have died as well.

Best is to be extra careful and not take any chances

rtabasum2

I don't know much about it but this coronavirus proves many theories with time. First they said only old and people with underlying medical conditions are vulnurable but niw we see healthy and young people have died as well.

Best is to be extra careful and not take any chances
Yeah sure...........but data suggests countries with BCG universal vaccination have very low level of spread/mortality.......so we got lucky ........TB was considered a poor man disease so the reason UK and USA did not put it in their regime of vaccination

BrotherKantu

ٹرمپ کو اور بوجو کو کورونا وائرس کی مشہوری کے لئے اپنی اپنی جان کی قربانی دینی چاہیے.

FaisalKh

Yeah sure...........but data suggests countries with BCG universal vaccination have very low level of spread/mortality.......so we got lucky ........TB was considered a poor man disease so the reason UK and USA did not put it in their regime of vaccination

If that is true then that is very good. I am not sure if they do this for the native british born babies now or not but my daughter recently had her vaccinations and one of those was the TB one. Nurse said we belong to the country where TB is common so she must have it

Vitamin_C

I think they do selective BCG Vaccination in UK for people who they think are most vulnerable.

BCG is proven to be an effective general vaccine not just for TB but for respiratory illnesses, viral and bacterial infections and certain types of cancers. It boosts the immune system which is especially low in western countries where people are never exposed to bacteria etc.

Right now countries that had effective BCG have lower deaths by a factor of 10.

They are doing trial right now to see which strain of BCG vaccine is the most effective for Corona Virus.

Its not perfect but its the best we have until an actual corona specific vaccine will be ready in a year. BCG along with social distancing might help with the disaster that is unfolding in Iran, UK, Spain, Italy, US... All countries that did not have a BCG policy before 70s.

If that is true then that is very good. I am not sure if they do this for the native british born babies now or not but my daughter recently had her vaccinations and one of those was the TB one. Nurse said we belong to the country where TB is common so she must have it

rtabasum2

Yes that is BCG....people of Pakistan origin and TB infested countries only gets it in UK