Prem Chand Pakistani...this is how we treat our dead non-Muslim brothers in Pakistan.

K

khan125

It is not the word but the connotation of the word. In England if you call a Pakistani a Paki, you can goto jail for racist behavior but we Pakistanis use the term as a short form and it doesnt mean anything to us. The word 'kafir' is equivalent of 'musla' in India. How do you think Indian Muslims feel when they are called Muslas by the Indian 'Kafirs'?
muslas is no word ,word is muslim similarly paki is no word ,word is pakistani.
kafir is equal to non believers so why you have so much problem with it.

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
isey kehtey hain chaey ki piyali me toofan barpa krna(clap)(clap)(clap)

kafir ka talluk kisi racism se kasey jore rahey ho tum.
more specific word would have been hindu.
everyone knows hindus are mushriqs.and kafirs.

this is islamic term ye kisi insan ne nhi kahee allah ka inkar krney valey ko kafir kehtey hain.kia aap quran k mukabley me koiee naee terminology lana chahtey ho

Nisf Iman achay ikhlaq mein hota hay and I think these are the wrods of a sahih Hadith if im not wrong.
Mujhay batao kabhi kisi kalay ko kaheen Quran mein kala keh ker pukara gya hay? ya hadith mein?
Han aik habshi ko 'Syed Bilal' zarur kaha gya...kyun?
Kala kehnay mein herj tha?...wo kalay he thay...
Quran ager kisi ko kafir kehta hay tau sath mein ye bhe sabak deta hay keh kisi ko takleef na do...ager kisi Pakistani ghair muslim ko is lafz say takleef hoti hay tau tum Quran kay konsay usool ko mano gay?
Nabi Kareem s.a.w nay hatt ul imkaan koshish ke keh kisi ke dil azaari na ho chahay wo momin ho ya kafir...is per bhe sochna.

As an experiment goto a christian colony and start calling them kafir...even politley...see what happens...and on the contrary call them as your non-muslim Pakistani borthers..see what happens....
Then choose the method which draws these people towards you...becasue if you want to call them to the word of Allah you should first learn to be affectionate with them.
Kafir kafir kehnay say koi kafir muslamaan nahi hua aj tak.

lord_sultan

Councller (250+ posts)
ok wot if we call them kafir coz we didnt give them this name Allah has given them this name which means infidel so saying some1 infidel is bad i dont think so coz quran dont think so then y should i

awan4ever

muslas is no word ,word is muslim similarly paki is no word ,word is pakistani.
kafir is equal to non believers so why you have so much problem with it.

Nigger is a word...kala is a word...try using them in Sweden to a black person...see how fast you get deported back.

lord_sultan

Councller (250+ posts)
Nigger is a word...kala is a word...try using them in Sweden to a black person...see how fast you get deported back.

be there good for u after few years y few years now a days especially in europe & america a muslim is equal to terrorist so u wont call ur self muslim u know y

awan4ever

ok wot if we call them kafir coz we didnt give them this name Allah has given them this name which means infidel so saying some1 infidel is bad i dont think so coz quran dont think so then y should i

Quran mein kaheen ye nahi kaha gya keh Kafiron ko ja ker keh do 'aye kafiro'...

My question again is...how do you intend to spread the word of God by alienating the non-believers from yourself...

leboheme

Citizen
Kafir ko kafir kehnay main koi harj nahi. Agar kafir ko non muslim kahen gay to kia uss ka martaba uncha ho jaye ga?
Khwamkhwa non issues ko uchaalnay ki koi zaroorat nahi hay.

It is absolutely shameful...........dont we all know what kafir stands for and that it is a derogatory term? Dont we all see a difference between the term "non-muslim" or "ghair muslim" and "kafir"?
I am unable to understand that what is wrong with us Pakistanis, how can we be so callous about the feelings of people from other religions when our Islamic tradition tells us to respect other religions.

How can these people who think that there is no difference between calling someone kafir or non-muslim justify their claim?
We all talk about jihad...the greatest jihad of all jihads is correcting ourselves, become better Muslims and as a result better human beings....then why do some of us keep insisting on being bigots?

All my Pakistani brothers who dont see anything wrong with being called a "kafir" tell me in many countries of the world which are predominantly Chritian would you like to have on your documents and outside your houses the word "infidel", because as far as they ae concerned we are infidels?

When we talk about wstern nations we openly say that they are not just and they are doing harm and injustice to Muslims all over the world, so are we just when we put teh label of "kafir" at a Pakistani that we should actually be proud of?

One of Pakistani brothers said "as far as the young lad Prem is concerned. I do like your jovial English construction, Sir, but the young lad you mentioned is dead and perhas we can show the dead some respect, as expected of true Muslims. One, said that the white portion in the flag is for peace and not non-muslims, basically distorting facts jsut to make a trivial and ludicrous point. Please, growup and admit when you are wrong, it is a sign of greatness and not weakness.

I think we need to, as a nation, indulge in self analysis, reassess our values and prejudices, and turn oursleves back from the darkness of bigottary, as expected of us by Islam.

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
Members who live in "Christian" countries mainly in Europe and North America have quite liberal opinion about it. While the ones who live in Pakistan or other muslim country will say it is not a big deal.
If this had happened in westeren democracies, they would discuss and make laws against it. Friends who live in Pakistan may not believe or understand that what civil right may mean.
I have heard some sikhs calling Muslims as Musslaas................does anyone find it offensive?
I think of the coffin of that young guy, the name Prem Chand had to be written only. No need to mention religion. If you must, why don't you write word Hindu instead of Kafir.

awan4ever

It is absolutely shameful...........dont we all know what kafir stands for and that it is a derogatory term? Dont we all see a difference between the term "non-muslim" or "ghair muslim" and "kafir"?
I am unable to understand that what is wrong with us Pakistanis, how can we be so callous about the feelings of people from other religions when our Islamic tradition tells us to respect other religions.

How can these people who think that there is no difference between calling someone kafir or non-muslim justify their claim?
We all talk about jihad...the greatest jihad of all jihads is correcting ourselves, become better Muslims and as a result better human beings....then why do some of us keep insisting on being bigots?

All my Pakistani brothers who dont see anything wrong with being called a "kafir" tell me in many countries of the world which are predominantly Chritian would you like to have on your documents and outside your houses the word "infidel", because as far as they ae concerned we are infidels?

When we talk about wstern nations we openly say that they are not just and they are doing harm and injustice to Muslims all over the world, so are we just when we put teh label of "kafir" at a Pakistani that we should actually be proud of?

One of Pakistani brothers said "as far as the young lad Prem is concerned. I do like your jovial English construction, Sir, but the young lad you mentioned is dead and perhas we can show the dead some respect, as expected of true Muslims. One, said that the white portion in the flag is for peace and not non-muslims, basically distorting facts jsut to make a trivial and ludicrous point. Please, growup and admit when you are wrong, it is a sign of greatness and not weakness.

I think we need to, as a nation, indulge in self analysis, reassess our values and prejudices, and turn oursleves back from the darkness of bigottary, as expected of us by Islam.

I couldnt have said it better.
On one hand these people like to spread the word of Allah to the world and on the other hand they dont know that the first step to making people listen is to be polite and respectful. By doing so you are NOT disobeying the Quran because the Quran doesn't order us to call them kafirs where ever we see them rather it orders us to become symbols of peace and tolerance so that those who dont believe are attracted to us and our message rather than feel disgusted by our hateful attitude towards them.

awan4ever

be there good for u after few years y few years now a days especially in europe & america a muslim is equal to terrorist so u wont call ur self muslim u know y

Actually it is the opposite here where I am...call me a terrorist here and you will be spending quality time in jail and paying through your nose for quite sometime. I think I will stay here thank you.
You can indulge yourself where you are because there the definition of kafir is very loose...before the americans call you terrorist, your own deeni brothers will form another sect and start calling you a kafir for not being one of them..
Examples Shia kafir, Wahabi kafir, Barelvi kafir etc etc....

Ammar isb

Councller (250+ posts)
It is highly perturbing to see some of the comments by fellow forum member who find that the term kafir was appropriate. This is a disgrace and indicates a sick mentality; Prem Chand was as much a citizen of Pakistan as anyone of us. Our level of tolerance speaks volumes about how concerned we are towards there well being.