PM wants duty exemption on items used by disabled persons

Geek

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
31-2-696x342.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Jd32d8G/31-2-696x342.jpg

Prime Minister Office, while taking notice on a complaint of a poor citizen, has directed the Ministry of Commerce and Federal Board of Revenue to submit recommendations to wave off tax on the items being used by the disabled persons.

Pakistan Citizen Portal has sought proposals to wave off income tax on items, including wheelchairs and artificial limbs. A proposal has also been sought to wave off income tax of such government employees who have severe disability and were recruited on disable quota.

Similarly, suggestions have been sought regarding exemption from income tax for widows of government servants.

The Ministry of Commerce and FBR have been directed to submit suggestions within 30 days in this regard.

Source

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
They should have been tax free from day 1. Don't we have a local industry manufacturing these already ?

aazad.mubassir

Minister (2k+ posts)
When a country has at least 10% of disable population . Why don't they focus on making a mandatory law for all the Govt and private business to provide disable people friendly entry/exit. There should be a disable people complaint cell. The builder must be given a notice for closure on the 3rd complaint.

aliahmad297622

West wala apna disables ko 3 to 4 thousand $ monthly data haiii plus schools with special bus coimng pick them up , best health free , all places accessible for special people etc.....

zain786

نواز حکومت کے تُحفے، ان سے پو چھو کہ 5 سال میں 40 ارب ڈالر کا قرضہ کہاں گیا تو جمہوریت کو خطرہ ہوجاتا ہے

49844120_1689196294515602_8317632935289159680_n.jpg
In choro ko jail mai rakha hua hai inki chitrol karo in se paise nikalwao ye haram jail mai bhe beth k awam ka maal haram kar rae hai

Steyn

At the same time, he imposes 15% price increase on medicine.

Lagta hai Imran Khan nay House of Cards dekhi hai.

He knows the art of distraction.

Fuck the 100% of people of Pakistan hy increasing medicine prices and give relief to 1-2% disabled people by reducing tax.

Yeh to LOL ho giya.

Pathfinder

At the same time, he imposes 15% price increase on medicine.

Lagta hai Imran Khan nay House of Cards dekhi hai.

He knows the art of distraction.

Fuck the 100% of people of Pakistan hy increasing medicine prices and give relief to 1-2% disabled people by reducing tax.

Yeh to LOL ho giya.

I guess in your book helping people with disability is a crime.

Pathfinder

In your book, suffocating those same disabled people by increasing medicine prices is okay?
In your book denying them everything they never have access to is good. AKA looking after the most venerable people of the society.

Steyn

In your book denying them everything they never have access to is good. AKA looking after the most venerable people of the society.

How can you be so insensitive? Don't you have some humility in you?

I have seen people beg me for money because they can't afford a 200rs medicine. Imagine what would happen if the prices are increased further by 15%.

Makes the whole no tax for disabled people meaningless because disabled people are a minority.

There are people dying in this country who cannot afford healthcare! If anything medicines prices should be decreased and other non essential items should be taxed more like mobile phones.

But you will not understand my point if you don't have any humility and sympathy for the poor people.

Start cursing and insulting me now, i am expecting that.

Pathfinder

I have seen people beg me for money because they can't afford a 200rs medicine. Imagine what would happen if the prices are increased further by 15%.

Makes the whole no tax for disabled people meaningless because disabled people are a minority.

There are people dying in this country who cannot afford healthcare! If anything medicines prices should be decreased and other non essential items should be taxed more like mobile phones.

But you will not understand my point if you don't have any humility and sympathy for the poor people.

I pray that neither you or anyone in your close circles has to live with disability! I actively work with people of disability and you say they are just a minority. It goes to show the miniscule level of thinking people who you consider a minority thus their rights are foreshadowed by the majority abled people.

Understanding this takes one to be among those who are the most vulnerable in society. but I guess the scope of this is not for everyone to grasp.

Pathfinder

If you are the champion of the poor than what have you done for them? other that keyboard tussel on a forum?

Steyn

I pray that neither you or anyone in your close circles has to live with disability! I actively work with people of disability and you say they are just a minority. It goes to show the miniscule level of thinking people who you consider a minority thus their rights are foreshadowed by the majority abled people.

Understanding this takes one to be among those who are the most vulnerable in society. but I guess the scope of this is not for everyone to grasp.

My grandfather and grandmother (May Allah have mercy on them) couldn't walk and were restricted to their beds dependent on their children.

I couldn't use my left hand for almost two years and you have no idea the struggles i had to go through for that.

I have an idea. I also know that medicine is very expensive and if you increase its price then removing tax on it doesn't mean anything because it is still expensive.

Pathfinder

My grandfather and grandmother (May Allah have mercy on them) couldn't walk and were restricted to their beds dependent on their children.

I couldn't use my left hand for almost two years and you have no idea the struggles i had to go through for that.

I have an idea. I also know that medicine is very expensive and if you increase its price then removing tax on it doesn't mean anything because it is still expensive.

medical prices will rise and fall. that is a global trend. But imagine someone with lifelong disability that means a poor standard of life especially in a 3rd world country where care is next to none existent. Their recognition in society is that they have no voice. I guess the 'mohazib' society followed the Principles of our faith and they have gotten ahead.

concern_paki

GREAT LEADER - GREAT THOUGHT, ONE CAN ONLY RESPECT AND REGARDS, PROUD TO HAVE YOU, OUR PM, SIR IMRAN KHAN