jani1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
ایک خوشخبری تو گائینی وارڈ میں لیٹی نورا سے بھی متوقع ہے۔۔
بس قوم صبر کرے۔۔

جہاں تک تیل کی بات ہے ۔۔وہ تو ویسے بھی نکل رہا ہے۔۔
بلو اور اس کے ابے کے نامعلوم مقام سے۔۔

Aslan

People should calm down.Let us pray and hope that oil and gas is found in big quantities. The results will be known after drilling is complete and a full data analysis is done.Many a time no oil is found(dry well) or the oil field is not commercially viable and is abandoned.

angryoldman

Minister (2k+ posts)
تیل تو پہلے ہی نکل چکا ہے قوم کا اس کے بعد اب کونسی خوشخبری رہتی ہے؟
اب سرسوں کا تیل بچتا ہے وہ بھی نکل گیا تو قوم سر پر کیا لگائے گی?

Eyeaan

Media and government officials --- please calm down.
No speculations and rumors without exact scientific analysis and facts, and prior to confirmation from the experts. Drilling and analysis process will be complete in April but people can wait for a few more months to find the results.

People don't want to see another 'Chiniot ka Sona' type of hype and lies.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
The report from ExXon was due this week. And I think he has received the report.

If the earlier estimates were true, then this would put Pakistan ahead of Kuwait -- 6th biggest oil reserve!! Which will be YUUUUGEEEE!!!

Eyeaan

The report from ExXon was due this week. And I think he has received the report.

If the earlier estimates were true, then this would put Pakistan ahead of Kuwait -- 6th biggest oil reserve!! Which will be YUUUUGEEEE!!!
This could truly be the biggest economic news for the nation-- But government has to be careful to announce premature or raise hopes. or create political hype.
We may have an hour of shurakarana when estimates of proven reserves are confirmed by different sources. Though that may need more drilling in the area or many more months.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Agree. But just letting you know how these MF big oil companies work. They always share interim reports with governments and buy some time for the final report. In the meanwhile, their finance team repositions their futures. So once the official announcement is made, they make billions $$$ overnight!

Pakistan needs to be careful about strategic issues as well! Do you think that India will let you have a free ticket? It'll make noise to challenge your rights on waterways and threaten the oil companies by positioning its naval might near them too. I hear they have already moved a big chunk of their navy on the west! Venezuela/Nigeira etc are struggling not because they don't have natural resources! But because they have too many vultures wanting to eat them!

This could truly be the biggest economic news for the nation-- But government has to be careful to announce premature or raise hopes. or create political hype.
We may have an hour of shurakarana when estimates of proven reserves are confirmed by different sources. Though that may need more drilling in the area or many more months.

Eyeaan

Agree. But just letting you know how these MF big oil companies work. They always share interim reports with governments and buy some time for the final report. In the meanwhile, their finance team repositions their futures. So once the official announcement is made, they make billions $$$ overnight!

Pakistan needs to be careful about strategic issues as well! Do you think that India will let you have a free ticket? It'll make noise to challenge your rights on waterways and threaten the oil companies by positioning its naval might near them too. I hear they have already moved a big chunk of their navy on the west! Venezuela/Nigeira etc are struggling not because they don't have natural resources! But because they have too many vultures wanting to eat them!
Thanks for info. I know a little bit about the analysis/estimate aspects but for financial side about nothing. Of course money/shares factor is huge for Exxon; that's why I fear they might not be so forth coming. What I fear the most is 'Chiniot ka Sona'. Government shouldn't get in to open public posture to be embarrassed down the road- that's all.

About India, it was perhaps rightly speculated during the recent conflict that Indian subs were after the drilling rigs.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
The stakes for the well are equally split between Exxon, ENI, PPL, and OGDC. 25% each!

India won't directly bomb the rig as long as Exxon is there. It would infuriate the USA. And I think for the same reason, Exxon was invited as a stakeholder. Otherwise, ENI and a few other international drillers could have undertaken the job at a lower stake! But India can certainly play dirty politics by destabilizing the region and asking USA to pull out Exxon for security reasons!

Thanks for info. I know a little bit about the analysis/estimate aspects but for financial side about nothing. Of course money/shares factor is huge for Exxon; that's why I fear they might not be so forth coming. What I fear the most is 'Chiniot ka Sona'. Government shouldn't get in to open public posture to be embarrassed down the road- that's all.

About India, it was perhaps rightly speculated during the recent conflict that Indian subs were after the drilling rigs.

PIND-WALA

I heard that underground reservoirs are slightly inclined so areas under Pakistan are lower than areas under Iran and ME. So technically Pakistan is likely to have reserves even after ME runs out.

ealtaf

Minister (2k+ posts)

Aap ky moun mai desi ghee, shakar aur malai. Desi ghee mai banay huay parathy ky sath.

Notpersonal

Minister (2k+ posts)
I home that there is enligt pik that we han pat all debts, buy enough defense weaponary and bring prosperity ameen