PIA trying to rip off & take advantage of Stranded overseas Pakistanis

thayab

Voter (50+ posts)
This is dispicable action by PIA patwaries. No other airline has this policy. We pakistanis are the most corrupt people on the face of the earth. You will cause a riot in the offices if this issue is not resolved. Which minister is responsible for this?

thayab

Voter (50+ posts)
Everyone wants preferential treatment and it’s Imran Khans fault if they don’t get it.
If you have a ticket you get priority over new purchases. The airline are bound to offer you the same class of seat. This is not preferential treatment, this is your consumer right. Check online the airline policies before making such flippant comments on here.

mrUMAIR818

Citizen
Yes, it may be true in ordinary/normal circumstances, but in a war-like situations, the rule is always to get served on a first come basis.

If you have a ticket you get priority over new purchases. The airline are bound to offer you the same class of seat. This is not preferential treatment, this is your consumer right. Check online the airline policies before making such flippant comments on here.

Desienglishman

Senator (1k+ posts)
How about the country’s legislative requirements on income taxes, have you ever read them and complained why the mafia is not paying their taxes.

thayab

Voter (50+ posts)
Yes, it may be true in ordinary/normal circumstances, but in a war-like situations, the rule is always to get served on a first come basis.
Nope if you have already booked and paid for your ticket then you have priority over newcomers. I have a Saudi airlines ticket to UK, which I can fix a date online at anytime( as soon as they open) at no extra charge. I have looked at cancelling that and booking a PIA ticket, but I would not want to jump the queue and go instead of someone who already has a ticket, yeh insaniyat hai? The prices have gone up in 1 week a 70,000 single ticket is now 140,000 during Ramadan - which is off peak.

This is also during the imposition of self isolation, why are they asking you to come to the office when all tickets are booked online, even in the office. They are placing the passengers at risk to create a barrier for ease of rebooking. Whichever way you look at it this is the reality. 1.pre allocated seats being sold again, 2.people being forced out of theirs houses for no valid reason. 3.Prices have gone up for no valid reason. If it's supply and demand principle, they should increase prices of corvid19 tests kits, hand sanitizer, masks. Why is the government getting involved -let the market decide?? Some people need to have some empathy for these people who are in a difficult situation, not sit on the sidelines and make stupid remarks.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Yeah lets not just try to dump 100% blame on one party. Were these people blind and not aware what was going on around them as things were shutting down around them? And yet they choose to hang around.

I have a friend here, he had made arrangements to bring his family permanently over, got a new apartment and then for a good month running around fixing it up, new furniture, paint this that etc etc. Vey excited to finally have his family over

I told him a couple times also, bro things are starting to get bad, rebook your familys flight to an earlier date as you never know. But he didn't listen, no no don't worry it will be ok.

And on the very day in the morning they were suppose to fly. Govt cancelled all visas and flights. Then he was sitting there with his head in his hands making faces. I wanted to tell him, dude I've been trying to tell you, wake up and read the writing on the wall but didn't seeing as he was in enough agony already.

Masud Javed

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Everyone wants preferential treatment and it’s Imran Khans fault if they don’t get it.
We, Pakistanis, have ZERO level of Situational Awareness and are Chronic Complainers.

We need to get over SHIT together.

The guy is right
This is an absolute mismanagement
why did they gather 250 people at the same place. Why didn't they put this online? Why did the tickets are being sold in black

I think someone of you should stop being a pti fan boy and accept the facts, so the things are fixed

Stop being a blind followers

Islamabadiya

Yeah lets not just try to dump 100% blame on one party. Were these people blind and not aware what was going on around them as things were shutting down around them? And yet they choose to hang around.

I have a friend here, he had made arrangements to bring his family permanently over, got a new apartment and then for a good month running around fixing it up, new furniture, paint this that etc etc. Vey excited to finally have his family over

I told him a couple times also, bro things are starting to get bad, rebook your familys flight to an earlier date as you never know. But he didn't listen, no no don't worry it will be ok.

And on the very day in the morning they were suppose to fly. Govt cancelled all visas and flights. Then he was sitting there with his head in his hands making faces. I wanted to tell him, dude I've been trying to tell you, wake up and read the writing on the wall but didn't seeing as he was in enough agony already.

Well only if one knew of the future :)

Buy so many people are stuck, it’s a big pain being away from family but what can be done, this an unprecedented crisis and whole world is in it together

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
ہر ایجنٹ کا لائسنس کینسل کرو اور پرانے ٹکٹ کے حساب سے بکنگ کرو نئے ٹکٹ بھی انکو اشو کرو جن کے پرانے ٹکٹ کسی وجہ سے کار آمد نہیں رہے

mrUMAIR818

Citizen
The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.

Albert Einstein said it, so relevant to today situation. It's much easy for all of us to type some words from our sanitized keyboards then truly be aware of the situation at the ground.

Ami jaan kehti gain "Baatein to sab hi kar lete hain, kamaal to woh karta hai jo baaton sy agay barhta ha".

Masud Javed

Noone is blaming the party
There isn't an institute that is handling the situation very poorly and this is being pointed out. Thats all

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Well only if one knew of the future :)

Buy so many people are stuck, it’s a big pain being away from family but what can be done, this an unprecedented crisis and whole world is in it together
I know but bro Allah s.w.t has given you eyes and ears also right? You see everything around you slowly grinding to a halt you know it's only a matter of time it's gonna hit you, so get prepared.

Similarly my father wanted to go Pakistan by himself but I called him and told him things don't look too good now and you could end up getting stranded there by yourself so better to postpone it until things get better.

And what do you know. Very next day all returning flights get cancelled.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Noone is blaming the party
There isn't an institute that is handling the situation very poorly and this is being pointed out. Thats all
By party I mean any one person or organization. As I've mentioned in my previous post it was becoming obvious day by day where things are headed and only those who were over smart or waited till the very last minute got left out in the open.

Yes there are some genuine bad luck cases I know like the student who was flying back from Canada. But when landed in UK connecting flight was late by 4 hours and in that time news came that Dubai has stopped everyone from coming in and poor girl was stranded in UK.

Similarly an Indian fellow in Dubai cleared immigration but fell asleep in the departure lounge and missed the last flight out!