PIA sacks five more pilots over fake licences

Judicary-Media Mafia

MPA (400+ posts)
57 more employees also laid off over various charges
701968-PIAplanesAFP-1398806640-292x350.jpg

Last month, the PIA had sacked 17 pilots for having 'dubious' flying licences on the order of the federal cabinet.

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) said on Saturday it sacked 63 employees in last month on various charges, including fake pilot licences, fake educational credentials, embezzlement and dereliction of duty.

PIA spokesperson Abdullah Khan said that the actions had been taken in accordance with the rules. He confirmed that among the 63 laid-off employees, 5 were captains, who were sacked over charges of having fake licences.

The PIA fired 28 employees over fake credentials, while 27 employees were sacked for being absent without notice. Two employees over fired on charges of embezzlement and one employee was fired for incompetence, according to officials.

Besides, the airlines demoted four employees for refusing to work, and held back increments to three employees for violating the standard operating procedures (SOPs). The spokesperson said rules of procedure were followed in the process of punishment, which would continue in PIA without any pressure.

Last month, the PIA had sacked 17 pilots for having 'dubious' flying licences on the order of the federal cabinet. They included 12 captains and five first officers. The sacking followed startling revelations by Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan.

In June, Ghulam Sarwar Khan had told parliament that 262 pilots, out of total 860 in the country, had "suspicious flying licences" and would be grounded immediately. Later, PIA announced that it would ground a third of its 434 pilots.

Sarwar had said criminal proceedings would also be initiated against pilots with the alleged fake licences as the government could not allow anyone to put the lives of its citizens at risk. However, Palpa rejected the government's list of pilots with licences deemed dubious, saying that it was full of discrepancies.
Source

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
Thisnis the right time to clean all PPP and PML noora's incompetent appointment. Hire true professional young energetic who wants to serve the customer.

Hate_Nooras

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Quite frankly, I am disappointed. The PIA are missing a great opportunity to get rid of PPP and Noora sifarshis. If the PIA can't do their rationalisation now, they have nothing to hide behind in the future. Show some balls and get rid of the crooks.

rabbi_zidni_ilma

Councller (250+ posts)
last time, I traveled from NYC to Pakistan and half of TV screens were not working on the PIA plane. I was warned by the crew that "Don't you know you are traveling on which airline" I was stun to hear this. :(

Please clean up the mess once for all.

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Also plz put in smart , active and customer friendly personnel on every front desk on the airports instead of sloppy, grungy , belly protruding guys .....

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)
Last time I travelled from Toronto to Lahore non of the screens were working imagine 15 hours flight without any entertainment
last time, I traveled from NYC to Pakistan and half of TV screens were not working on the PIA plane. I was warned by the crew that "Don't you know you are traveling on which airline" I was stun to hear this. :(

Please clean up the mess once for all.