Peshawar metro bus cost swells to Rs68b

mhafeez

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Peshawar metro bus cost swells to Rs68b
The cost of Peshawar Metro, Peshawar Sustainable Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Project (BRT), has increased by 38 percent from Rs49.3 billion to Rs67.9 billion and the Planning Ministry has said that proper working on the design of the project was not carried out at the preliminary design stage which has resulted in such a huge increase.

From preliminary design phase to detailed design phase, there are generally no major deviations as is in this case which have resulted in 38 percent increase in cost from the original, said the Transport &Communication Section of the Planning Ministry said in its comment on the revised PC-I of the Peshawar Sustainable Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Project (BRT).

Despite decrease in the number of buses and reducing the stations the cost of one kilometer, of ill planned BRT, has increased from Rs1.8 billion to Rs2.3 billion, said the revised PC-I of the project.

The revised PC-I will be discussed by the CDWP Monday (today). The government of PTI in the province has ended but the people of KP is still paying high price for the defective planning and lose management in the execution of BRT.

Peshawar Sustainable Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Project (BRT) was started in December 2017 by the then PTI government with an estimated cost of Rs49.3 billion and its entire work will be completed by February 2019.

The Nation

mhafeez

They just hurried to show megaprojects, while education policies, health policies, Police should be how votes should be earned. I dont blame them for this, khoota khoor patwari only votes for metro and roads doesn't understand human development.

پنجاب کے ہسپتال کے پی کے مریضوں سے بھرے پڑے ہیں تو ہسپتال کیسے بہتر ہوۓ

پنجاب کے تعلیمی اداروں میں کے پی کے طالب علموں سے بھرے پڑے ہیں تو تعلیمی ادارے کیسے بہتر ہوۓ

mhafeez

جب خٹک حکومت ہسپتال اور تعلیمی ادارے بہتر نہ کرسکی تو انہوں نے میٹرو کا لالی پاپ دینے کا فیصلہ کیا ، وہ بھی نہ بن سکی الٹا پورا پشاور کھود کے رکھ دیا

Mirza Marjana

Senator (1k+ posts)
جب خٹک حکومت ہسپتال اور تعلیمی ادارے بہتر نہ کرسکی تو انہوں نے میٹرو کا لالی پاپ دینے کا فیصلہ کیا ، وہ بھی نہ بن سکی الٹا پورا پشاور کھود کے رکھ دیا
10 day sabr kro, peshwar sy election result skooooooooon dy dy ga apko,,,,,,,,

pmln tu hy he nahe waha....... baki choor be ne jeet skty single seat b inshallah

Mirza Marjana

Senator (1k+ posts)
The reason being that Punjab has the highest budget and majority of Pakistan money is being spend on it for decades now.So, How can a 5 year government can compete with decades of spending?.........
dont speak with logic to pmnl supporter............. jo log ye kehty hon k khaata hy tu lagata b tu hy na,,,,,,,,,,,,,, logic doesnot matter to them

gorgias

پنجاب کے تعلیمی اداروں میں کے پی کے طالب علموں سے بھرے پڑے ہیں تو تعلیمی ادارے کیسے بہتر ہوۓ

آپ کی دونوں باتیں غلط ہیں۔ کے پی کے وہ مریض پنجاب کے ہسپتالوں میں ہونگے جنہوں نے پنجاب میں رہائش اختیار کر رکھی ہے۔ یہاں کے مریض پرائیویٹ ڈاکٹروں سے علاج کروانے پنجاب ضرور جاتے ہیں یا وفاق یا فوجی ہسپتالوں میں جاتے ہیں۔ پرائیوٹ ہسپتالوں کا پنجاب کی سرکار سے اس کا کوئی تعلق نہیں۔

جو طالب علم وہاں پرھتے ہیں ان کا صوبائی کوٹہ مقرر ہے پاکستان کے تمام صوبوں کے سرکاری کالج یا یوبیورسٹیاں صرف ان طلبہ کو داخلی دیتی ہے جن کے ڈومیسائل اس صوبے کے ہوں۔ پنجاب میں زیادہ تر پختوں فاٹا کے کوٹے پر آتے ہیں۔کے پی میں بھی دوسرے صوبوں کے طلبہ کے لیے سیٹیں ہیں۔ہمارے ہاں اکثر بلوچستان اور اندرون سندھ کے طلبہ پڑھنے آتے ہیں۔

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
In my opinion only the Hayatabad section should not have been made.... Should have gone straight to Karkhano.... Hayatabad could have been linked by connecting buses....

gorgias

آپ کی یہ بات بھی بالکل غلط ہے۔ بی آر ٹی کا آغاز 2017 کے آخر میں ہوا اور پی ٹی آئی کی حکومت ختم ہونے کے بعد بھی اس پر کام تیزی سے جاری ہے۔ اس کے آغاز کے بعد اس منصوبے میں اضافہ ہوا ہے نہ بس کم ہوئے نہ روٹ نہ سٹیشن۔ بلکہ بہت سے سٹیشن بڑھائے گئے ہیں۔ مثلاً ابتدا میں کارخانہ مارکیٹ اس میں شامل نہیں تھا۔اب یہ بھی اس میں شامل ہے۔ حیات آباد فیز ون اس کا ابتدائی روٹ تھا اب اس میں فیز تھری بھی شامل ہے۔

ہاں جب آپ کچھ بنائیں گے تو زمیں کھودیں گے ضرور۔۔ کیا نواز شریف نے کھدائی کیے بغیر میٹرو بنائی ہے؟

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)

Well, Regardless pti is winning from kpk.You can check out any survey or talk show.KPK people will compare the government from their last five year government not pml-n 35 year government in Punjab.
I think Scorpion summarized it well .. compare budget of Punjab to KPK .. on top of it before PTI government the unrest and terrorism made it worse.... If you want to compare PMLN to PTI .. compare what has been done in KPK to Balochistan ...

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
Pervaiz Khattak was a stupid choice for the post of CM by Imran Khan. Should have brought either Atif or Shahram as the face of change. PK isn't even change and is a lousy administrator

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I'm not a fan of the Pershawar BRT and I think PTI got pressured into doing a "mega project" by constant criticism. Time and effort could have been spent much more wisely elsewhere.

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
Yeh tu July mai kholni thi- proves my point that the ppl who resigned justly did so because they didn't want to be a part of a lie. Someone argued with me and even back then i said that this would get completed by December.