Parents of Zahir Jaffar and 2 servants arrested for heinous murder of Noor

arifkarim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
https://twitter.com/x/status/1419039781854580737
ویب ڈیسک : سفارت کار کی بیٹی کے قتل کے مقدمے میں اہم پیشرفت۔ ملزم کا خانساماں اور چوکیدار بھی گرفتار۔ آئی جی اسلام آباد نے تفتیشی ٹیم کو ملزم کا ریکارڈ امریکا اور انگلینڈ سے بھی حاصل کرنے کی ہدایت کردی

رپورٹ کے مطابق نور کے قتل کے الزام میں پولیس نے معروف بزنس مین ذاکر جعفر کے بیٹے ظاہر جعفر کو گرفتار کرکےعدالت سے دو روزہ جسمانی ریمانڈ بھی حاصل کیا گیا جو پیر کو ختم ہو رہا ہے۔ملزم سے آلہ قتل بھی برآمد ہو چکا ہے جبکہ اسلام آباد پولیس نے وزارت داخلہ کو دہری شہریت رکھنے والے ملزم کا نام ایگزٹ کنٹرول لسٹ میں ڈالنے کی سفارش بھی کی ہے۔

پولیس کی خصوصی تفتیشی ٹیم کا کہنا ہے کہ مقتولہ نور مقدم ملزم ظاہر جعفر کے گھر کتنا عرصہ رہی اس حوالے سے معلومات کے لئے موبائل فون کی لوکیشن اور سی ڈی ار کے لئے سی ائی اے معاونت طلب کرلی ہے۔تفتیشی ٹیم نے بیانات کے لئے ملزم کے والدین کو بھی طلب کرلیا اس حوالے سے سوالنامہ بھی تیار کرلیا۔

دوسری طرف سابق سفیر پاکستان شوکت مقدم نے حکومت سے بیٹی کے قتل کے مقدمے میں انصاف کا مطالبہ کرتے ہوئے کہاقاتل کوئی پاگل نہیں ہے، وہ ایک کمپنی کا ڈائریکٹر رہا، بعض حلقے جان بوجھ کر اسے پاگل یا نفسیاتی مریض بتا رہے ہیں۔انہوں نے مزید کہا کہ یہ ایک صاف کیس ہے اور قاتل سامنے کھڑا ہے، جب قتل کیا گیا تو قاتل کو چوکیدار نے بھی دیکھا۔

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambler

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Read the tweet again.

I don't need to read again. I just asked how is it great work to arrest his parents. They may have tried to save their son but were they accomplices in murder? definitely not. At the moment it is not even clear WHY it happened.

Rambler

Aiding, abetting or being an accessory to a crime is punishable by law, just like it was in the case of Abid Malhi.

There is nothing that we know till now that points to his parents being accomplices and abettors in the crime.

Rambler

What became of those who were proven to be criminals in the courts of law? All the wielding and powerful enjoy freedom in the banana republic of Pakistan.

Yes that is very true. Law is captive in the hands of the powerful but here the story is different. The victim also is the daughter of a diplomat. who will not let that happen. Also the case is in the media so unless a whole mafia with its infinite tentacles is out there to save the murderer (not applicable in this case) law will take its course. So no point in being so emotionally one sided to celebrate and give kuddos to the police (as if it is a great feat) for arresting parents.

The Sane

Yes that is very true. Law is captive in the hands of the powerful but here the story is different. The victim also is the daughter of a diplomat. who will not let that happen. Also the case is in the media so unless a whole mafia with its infinite tentacles is out there to save the murderer (not applicable in this case) law will take its course. So no point in being so emotionally one sided to celebrate and give kuddos to the police (as if it is a great feat) for arresting parents.
For heavens sake…. This country needs to set a higher judicial precedence, which precludes social and monetary statures of the victims’ families, so that every one get justice as a trickle down, not one for which the hapless and destitute have to drag their feet for decades.

Rambler

For heavens sake…. This country needs to set a higher judicial precedence, which precludes social and monetary statures of the victims’ families, so that every one get justice as a trickle down, not one for which the hapless and destitute have to drag their feet for decades.

Very true but which party is hapless and destitute in this case? and how is the arrest of parents a mark of good policing practice? And there are more important questions that need answering as well:

- What was the girl doing in his flat - For sure she was in some sort of relationship with him and did not feel afraid or threatened by him before this episode.
- Why was she killed and what lead to it ?
- On a larger scale it would also be useful to look at the fissures and fractures in the norms and the loss of values which have degenerated the moral fabric of the scoiety.

The Sane

Very true but which party is hapless and destitute in this case? and how is the arrest of parents a mark of good policing practice? And there are more important questions that need answering as well:

- What was the girl doing in his flat - For sure she was in some sort of relationship with him and did not feel afraid or threatened by him before this episode.
- Why was she killed and what lead to it ?
- On a larger scale it would also be useful to look at the fissures and fractures in the norms and the loss of values which have degenerated the moral fabric of the scoiety.
In the court of law, crime is prosecuted, not mortals! No one gives a damn whether both girl and the guy had an illicit affair. Serve punishment for murder, the apex crime, first, followed by relationship out of wedlock.

Rambler

In the court of law, crime is prosecuted, not mortals! No one gives a damn whether both girl and the guy had an illicit affair. Serve punishment for murder, the apex crime, first, followed by relationship out of wedlock.

I don't think you are getting the argument here. OK Lets get back to it since it is getting difficult to put the point across. How did the police do GREAT WORK by arresting the guys parents?

P.S: The first two questions were purely legal. The third was about the wider society which you chose to give an unrelated answer.

The Sane

I don't think you are getting the argument here. OK Lets get back to it since it is getting difficult to put the point across. How did the police do GREAT WORK by arresting the guys parents?

P.S: The first two questions were purely legal. The third was about the wider society which you chose to give an unrelated answer.
I am not even passing accolades to Police. They did nothing. It was the pressure mounted by you, I and others via social media which influenced them to make the arrest. My point is single…that is in Pakistan the system must start to deliver justice fair and square irrespective of the backgrounds of the victim and the accused, no matter rich or poor. That also means without any victim shaming!!!!

Rambler

I am not even passing accolades to Police. They did nothing. It was the pressure mounted by you, I and others via social media which influenced them to make the arrest. My point is single…that is in Pakistan the system must start to deliver justice fair and square irrespective of the backgrounds of the victim and the accused, no matter rich or poor. That also means without any victim shaming!!!!

OK I think there is no point in carrying on, but that was not your point. You said his parents were accomplices and I just asked you how as the story we know does not link the murder to his parents. That is our problem. We get swayed away and make generalizations. Everyone wants a fair judicial system (unless it goes against personal interest) however the devil is in the detail which is very important in order to reform the system by learning from such high profile cases. For this every aspect has to be discussed which would include intrusion into victims private life - That is different from victim shaming. A deeper look into such incidents has to be taken beyond the cries of hang him, crucify him and so on. Unfortunately neither our media nor us as people are willing or even capable of analysing these things to barebones and just satisfy ourselves with the ratings / excitement that such incidents produce.

The Sane

OK I think there is no point in carrying on, but that was not your point. You said his parents were accomplices and I just asked you how as the story we know does not link the murder to his parents. That is our problem. We get swayed away and make generalizations. Everyone wants a fair judicial system (unless it goes against personal interest) however the devil is in the detail which is very important in order to reform the system by learning from such high profile cases. For this every aspect has to be discussed which would include intrusion into victims private life - That is different from victim shaming. A deeper look into such incidents has to be taken beyond the cries of hang him, crucify him and so on. Unfortunately neither our media nor us as people are willing or even capable of analysing these things to barebones and just satisfy ourselves with the ratings / excitement that such incidents produce.
I still believe for every criminal, the parents are the accomplice or near-accomplice, since they are the first hand witness of the red flags in the kid growing up. Denial or not seeking help when it could matter is almost always the case. This is no different.

Rambler

I still believe for every criminal, the parents are the accomplice or near-accomplice, since they are the first hand witness of the red flags in the kid growing up. Denial or not seeking help when it could matter is almost always the case. This is no different.

Man you switch so quickly - Just some moments ago you were talking about the law and the courts and now you jumped to the parents being responsible because of their wrong upbringing. No law allows parents to be arrested because their mistakes in upbringing a child. However I think its time to say adious amigo. Take care.

The Sane

Man you switch so quickly - Just some moments ago you were talking about the law and the courts and now you jumped to the parents being responsible because of their wrong upbringing. No law allows parents to be arrested because their mistakes in upbringing a child. However I think its time to say adious amigo. Take care.
No court of law does victim shaming either.
Ciao!