Pandemic is 'nightmare scenario - Bill Gates

Bilal Raza

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

maxresdefault.jpg

Microsoft co-founder and philanthropist Bill Gates, who warned five years ago that the world’s greatest threat was a pandemic, believes that the current coronavirus crisis is “a nightmare scenario,” but said social distancing and a strong national response can keep casualties lower than the numbers projected by President Trump.

Trump predicted that the U.S. could see between 100,000 and 240,000 deaths from COVID-19 before the outbreak is under control.

BILL GATES SAYS NATIONWIDE SHUTDOWN, MORE TESTING NEEDED TO 'SAVE LIVES' AND RESTART ECONOMY

“Well, if we do the social distancing properly, we should be able to get out of this with the death number well short of that,” Gates told “Fox News Sunday,” saying that the disruptions to everyday life have been key to keeping the pandemic from being even worse.

“This is a nightmare scenario because human-to-human transmittal respiratory viruses can grow exponentially,” he said. “And you know, if we had kept on going to work, traveling like we were, you know, that curve would never bend until you had the majority of the people infected and then a massive number seeking hospital care and lots of lots of deaths.”

Gates did suggest, however, that the response should be on a national, not state or local level. So far, it has been state governors who have led the charge, in some cases claiming that their populations are not being properly served by Washington.

MARK CUBAN SAYS CORONAVIRUS CHANGES 'EVERYTHING' IN US -- SO LEADERS SHOULD 'STEP UP'

“Well, when you have finite resources you need to allocate them to where there’s the most need,” Gates said. “Certainly because people move around the country, we have to have the shutdown or else you’ll have exponential growth. It will spread back into other parts of the country.”

Gates noted that some states have greater resources, while others are being hit harder than others, which warrants the federal government responding accordingly.

In a Washington Post op-ed published last week, Gates called for a national shutdown and more testing, to "quickly identify potential volunteers for clinical trials and know with confidence when it’s time to return to normal."

Gates gave a Ted Talk in 2015 in which he warned that “we’re not ready for the next epidemic,” but offered hope by saying “we can build a really good response system” to prepare. His suggestions included setting up a medical reserve corps to be paired with the military, and “germ games” similar to military war games that could be used to run simulations.

“But between 2015 and 2020, less than 5 percent of what should have been done was done,” Gates told host Chris Wallace.

Gates did note that the current pandemic “isn’t the worst case,” given the relatively low fatality rate compared to a disease like small pox.

“So this is super, super bad, but -- you know, we will eventually get a vaccine. Even before then, if we do the right things we’ll be able to open up significant parts of the economy,” he said.

Gates also said that the current crisis could serve as a learning experience so the world can be better prepared in the event of a future pandemic that could be even worse.

“I’m sure you know, once we get past this, we’ll look back, understand what we could have done differently, and make sure that we’re not letting it happen again, particularly because it could be even worse in terms of the fatality rate,” he said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
.. and it's a fact that Melinda & Gates was one of the major sponsors of this Bio Weapon Research.
شمار اس کی سخاوت کا کیا کریں وہ شخص @
چراغ بانٹتا پھرتا ہے چھین کر آنکھیں

Last edited:

feeqa

Senator (1k+ posts)
We need more people like Bill Gates & less people's like Mullah, Mufti, Rabbi, Pastor, Pir who gave this world nothing but hatred

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
beggars take bhikh from bill gates then abuse them . munafik extremist .

You must be the progeny of a beggar: I'm not. Undoubtedly, I am an extremist in the matters of self-respect and dignity. You must belong to an obnoxious clan of bugs that survives on sucking and eating filth all around them.

The reek and stink coming from your words speaks volume of your destituteness in terms of respect and honor.

RAW AGENT

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
You must be the progeny of a beggar: I'm not. Undoubtedly, I am an extremist in the matters of self-respect and dignity. You must belong to an obnoxious clan of bugs that survives on sucking and eating filth all around them.

The reek and stink coming from your words speaks volume of your destituteness in terms of respect and honor.

if you you and your country had any self respect , you had not taken monetary help from bill gates foundations as bhikh for pakistan .

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
if you you and your country had any self respect , you had not taken monetary help from bill gates foundations as bhikh for pakistan .

Let me know when Pakistan had help from Bill Gates, except for promoting his 'vaccine' business in Pakistan. Secondly, if ever there was any monetary help from Bill Gates, it must have been given to the Corrupt Rulers of Pakistan, Nawaz & Zardari, who loved Pakistan as much as you, the RAW AGENT.

RAW AGENT

Let me know when Pakistan had help from Bill Gates, except for promoting his 'vaccine' business in Pakistan. Secondly, if ever there was any monetary help from Bill Gates, it must have been given to the Corrupt Rulers of Pakistan, Nawaz & Zardari, who loved Pakistan as much as you, the RAW AGENT.

if ,but , this and then ? what ?
money is money , pakistan got money from bill and melinda gates foundation.

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
if ,but , this and then ? what ?
money is money , pakistan got money from bill and melinda gates foundation.
Tell me when, you nincompoop. Modest showed you the mirror, Mr. Endian. Go and find a toilet for you and your next generation where you can 'FART' freely.

RAW AGENT

Tell me when, you nincompoop. Modest showed you the mirror, Mr. Endian. Go and find a toilet for you and your next generation where you can 'FART' freely.

what an idiot , can't you google it ? this is from 2019 for your poverty removal

https://philanthropynewsdigest.org/...its-200-million-to-combat-poverty-in-pakistan

HOME NEWS GATES FOUNDATION COMMITS $200 MILLION TO COMBAT POVERTY I...
Gates Foundation Commits $200 Million to Combat Poverty in Pakistan
SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Google
Print
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the government of Pakistan and will commit approximately $200 million in support of the Ehsaas initiative, a comprehensive effort aimed at combating poverty and improving health, nutrition, and financial inclusion in that country.
Announced earlier this year by Prime Minister Imran Khan, the initiative will provide funding, technical assistance, and development expertise in support of a hundred and thirty-four poverty-focused policy actions and programs, with the goal of accelerating the country’s progress toward the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The new collaboration between Pakistan and the Gates Foundation represents a continuation of the foundation’s work in the country over the last decade. Programs supported by the foundation over that period have addressed a range of shared development priorities, including polio eradication, which remains its top priority in Pakistan.
"[Ehsaas is] the biggest anti-poverty project ever launched in the country and it has been planned with a great deal of attention to detail," said Khan. "I'm pleased that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will assist with a range of activities, including accelerating stunting reduction programs, supporting financial inclusion initiatives, and investing in public health systems to improve health and reduce maternal, newborn, and child mortality."
(Photo credit: Getty Images/Robert Ford)
"Pakistan and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Unveil Collaboration on Ehsaas Program to Alleviate Poverty." Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Press Release 09/25/2019.
SUBJECTS: HEALTH; HUMAN SERVICES; INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS / DEVELOPMENT; PHILANTHROPY / VOLUNTARISM
PEOPLE: IMRAN KHAN
ORGANIZATION: BILL & MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION

Post a new comment
Login
- Or -

RAW AGENT

sania nishtar's ehsas foundation is nodal agency for getting help .

Modest

you beggar your PM is begging from the whole world with kashkol in his hand ?
Beta Mohan, I showed you your reality but you ignored it like a typical Indian cow piss drinker. Your cow dung mentality is focused too much on Pakistan. You should concentrate on shithole India where Indian soldiers cry for food & have more poor than rest of the world combined.
Shameless Indian read the following again
https://m.timesofindia.com/world/us/India-top-recipient-of-US-economic-aid/articleshow/48093123.cms

RAW AGENT

Beta Mohan, I showed you your reality but you ignored it like a typical Indian cow piss drinker. Your cow dung mentality is focused too much on Pakistan. You should concentrate on shithole India where Indian soldiers cry for food & have more poor than rest of the world combined.
Shameless Indian read the following again
https://m.timesofindia.com/world/us/India-top-recipient-of-US-economic-aid/articleshow/48093123.cms

abe balungde teri garibi door hui bill gates ke 200 million dollars se ? ya aur bhej du america se sania nishtar ke haath ? ? ? ?

bhaibarood

.. and it's a fact that Melinda & Gates was one of the major sponsors of this Bio Weapon Research.
شمار اس کی سخاوت کا کیا کریں وہ شخص @
چراغ بانٹتا پھرتا ہے چھین کر آنکھیں
proof? share the links ! or accept the fact you just share the information without any proof!
Yeh qoom e youthia hamesha Fajir aur fasiqon se kiyon bhari pari hai?

bhaibarood

You have lost you credibility on this forum if there was any left in you!
All the links from gates foundation are already shared !

RAW AGENT

vaccine business of bill gates in pakistan ? ha ha ha ............. ? ? ? ?
dumbs will stay dumbs.