Pakistani state's history of suppressing critical thinking in academia

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I am in a shock to read some of the arguments against critical thinking. Instead of discussing the topic it is a common practice in Pakistan to attack the personality. Nobody is discussing if thrashing journalists in Zia's time was wrong or right, what were the reasons, instead they are attacking Dr Houdhbhoy. The ideas he discusses are right or wrong, no, they are saying how could a physicist is discussing religion ? My question to them is, how come a cricketer can discuss religion, how can an uneducated cricketer can tell us about politics , Does Afridi do all that, did you question that ? How can a TV actor teach us about Islam ? TV actors have done that, did you ask? Veena Malik can teach us about Islam, Afridi can, Hamza Ali abbasi a TV actor is giving us lecture about Islam and way of life, what are their qualification on Islam. A singer Junaid Jamshed who had no qualification of Islam, preached Islam and how to live our lives till he died. Did anyone question that ?
But , But , But If Dr Pervaiz Houdhbhoy talks about life, religion, Politics, Oh NO, this Pervaiz Houdhbhoy is an idiot, he is a Physicist so HOW CAN HE TALK ABOUT ISLAM? OR POLITICS OR HOW TO LIVE OUR LIVES ? Oh! No, We must kill him.

facts.png

Last edited:

I Mian

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
By "critical thinking" self proclaimed intellectuals mean criticism of Islam and the creation of Pakistan should be condoned and encouraged.
Mr Hud is a very biased person ...I would say he is the molvee of intellectual world ........
But
Critical thinking without bias is the key to success & to find the truth ...and yes critical thinking on religion , history , and even on the existences of God... is important ....I repeat myself critical thinking without bias .....
My personal journey to believe in the existence of God and reality of Islam was through critical thinking

nasir77

Hud hud bai America ka agent hai, aur tasweer main is kay saath American's ka diya howa Kuta bhi hai.... ME AND MY DOG...

Galaxy

Yahood bhai should go to any EU or western country and see how much critical thinking they will tolerate.When he start talking against their state their agencies will shadow him day and night plus they will tracke all his movements through his phone.

Galaxy

Every time he will talk on his phone or go on computer they will know what he says or write.

Imranpak

Mr Hud is a very biased person ...I would say he is the molvee of intellectual world ........
But
Critical thinking without bias is the key to success & to find the truth ...and yes critical thinking on religion , history , and even on the existences of God... is important ....I repeat myself critical thinking without bias .....
My personal journey to believe in the existence of God and reality of Islam was through critical thinking

Depends what you mean by "critical thinking". Drawing cartoons and mocking Muslim sentiment under the garb of freedom of speech is unacceptable.

rehan459

MPA (400+ posts)
By "critical thinking" self proclaimed intellectuals mean criticism of Islam and the creation of Pakistan should be condoned and encouraged.

kidhar hai islam Pakistan main jis ki aap baat kar rahe hain konsa mulk??? jis ki creation se common man ko koi faida nahin hua kiya baat kar rahe hain aap ratti ratai baatein jo ke society main kahin nazar nahin aatin bilkul fazool aur raddi baatein

Imranpak

kidhar hai islam Pakistan main jis ki aap baat kar rahe hain konsa mulk??? jis ki creation se common man ko koi faida nahin hua kiya baat kar rahe hain aap ratti ratai baatein jo ke society main kahin nazar nahin aatin bilkul fazool aur raddi baatein

That is not the point at all. Thing is that critics of Islam and Pakistan want the people to think like exactly you! The purpose is for people to start believing independence was the wrong thing. That Quaid Jinnah was wrong in his demands for a separate Muslim country. Agar Pakistan mein Islam nehi ha toh awaam ka bhi kasoor hai. Jab har bandha Pak mein jhoot bolne par fakhr karta hai toh doosro par ilzam kyun dete ho. Fazool awaam hai jo Nawaz Sharif aur Zardari jaise logo ko baar baar vote karte hein. Aa behl mujhe maar!

Typhoon

Senator (1k+ posts)
Pseudo intellectuals like Hoodboy and such selfhating frustrated clowns can go and throw themselves in the closest dustbin.
Or move to neighboring countries and enjoy what they get of freedom of speech there. We will see what they get.

redsalute

Voter (50+ posts)
My dear friend,critical thinking is not a monopoly of libtards who have no contribution other then stirring futile controversies and making a mockery of Pakistan every single day.Can you please enlighten us about the contributions made by Dr Hoodhbhoy in the field of Physics,Ammar Ali Jan in humanities or Taimoor Rehman in Political sciences????The only contribution they have is “gaining undue media attention” by discussing Two Nation Theory or the role of Army in Pakistan(Which is discussed by everyone so they are not an exception).Everyone in Pakistan believes that most of the institutions (including the armed forces) have not been functioning well due to the vested interests of either the Generals or politicians or judges,so there is nothing new being discussed.Every Pakistani wants Generals not to become property dealers rather we want them to defend Pakistan.We want politicians to improve governance and relinquish corrupt practices and nepotism/favouritism.Everyone wants judges to act for upholding justice and not to indulge in sloganeering and political gimmicks.This is what all of us want,but to single out the Army and start bashing the state(which has made them a Privileged class)just to gain attention across the world is nothing more then intellectual prostitution.
just enemy agenda and propaganda of the west by using snakes that live among us.
Critical thinking means criticism of Islam. Bahoodah charlatan.

jahil extremist mulla maulvis are aginst all good things in education. they are attacking hoodbhoy because he exposes fake mullas in pakistani education and society.

Last edited:

rehan459

MPA (400+ posts)
That is not the point at all. Thing is that critics of Islam and Pakistan want the people to think like exactly you! The purpose is for people to start believing independence was the wrong thing. That Quaid Jinnah was wrong in his demands for a separate Muslim country. Agar Pakistan mein Islam nehi ha toh awaam ka bhi kasoor hai. Jab har bandha Pak mein jhoot bolne par fakhr karta hai toh doosro par ilzam kyun dete ho. Fazool awaam hai jo Nawaz Sharif aur Zardari jaise logo ko baar baar vote karte hein. Aa behl mujhe maar!

critics bilkul theek hain woh islam dekhain to baat na karen ... islam to kahein hai hi nahin is mulk main ... kon laaya nawaz ko us ki to koi baat nahin karta us ko sab hero mante hain ... aaj tak is qoum ko free election ka haq nahin diya giya ... waderon ne quaid ko hijack kar liya aur is mulk k upar qabiz ho gaye ... awam fazool nahin governing departments , bureaucracy , establishment aur hukamran fazool hain is mulk k taqatwar k aage sajda rez har waqt

Imranpak

critics bilkul theek hain woh islam dekhain to baat na karen ... islam to kahein hai hi nahin is mulk main ... kon laaya nawaz ko us ki to koi baat nahin karta us ko sab hero mante hain ... aaj tak is qoum ko free election ka haq nahin diya giya ... waderon ne quaid ko hijack kar liya aur is mulk k upar qabiz ho gaye ... awam fazool nahin governing departments , bureaucracy , establishment aur hukamran fazool hain is mulk k taqatwar k aage sajda rez har waqt

Write in English. I have no time reading your roman Urdu.

Tamerlane

MPA (400+ posts)
jahil extremist mulla maulvis are aginst all good things in education. they are attacking hoodbhoy because he exposes fake mullas in pakistani education and society.
Hoodboy is a attention seeking pseudo intellectual fraud. No one cares what few phony mullas do or say.

Imranpak

you can only post bull crap i know four languages but you look like the master of licking white anus

No you are a retard who writes in neither pure Urdu nor English.You must be half and mouse and half a donkey!! Writing in English does not make me a white wannabe!