Overseas Pakistanis to be taxed for bringing more than one Mobile: Fawad Chaudhry

JohnSnow

Minister (2k+ posts)
this is good initiative
i know so many people who take 10 iphones in 1 flight to sell it locally

Try to rethink it. This is different than importing a cellphone.

No foreign exchange leaves Pakistan when overseas pay for those phone from their overseas account. Quality product comes to Pakistan market to fullfill the local demand.

If in this process overseas Pakistanis make few thousands rupees than it's not a big deal.

When they visit they spend much more in local economy so benefit we get from their visit is much more than few thousands those hardworking OPs make on phone or perhaps they give them as gift to their family members.

JusticeLover

Minister (2k+ posts)
کیا بکواس ھرکت کی ھے پی ٹی اًیی کی حکومت نے ، اپنے پھلے سے خریدے گے فون پر کیوں ٹیکس دیں؟

حکومت ھے تم گدھوں کے پاس خود محنت کرو کچھ پیسے کمالو۔
پیسہ استعمال کرو ملیں لگاو انڈسٹری لگاو مفت خورو لوگوں کا خون چوستے ھو۔

JojoBubble

MPA (400+ posts)
So I have to pay 38% tax if I bring my work phone along with personal phone. It’s a joke. Customs will be very happy, another avenue to harass overseas Pakistani’s and earn more bribe.
you only pay tax on phone, if you are going to register it locally and use Pakistani SIM. If you are using overseas sim, which i assuming you will, since it is a work phone, then there is no need to register and no tax. Doesn't matter how many phones you bring with you.

cayanide

Senator (1k+ posts)
Government should be taking care if some one doesn't have a bag or shoes to go to school not us pathetic logic as always from PTI... aur do in jahiloon ko vote

Gujjar1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why not they reduce the salar of all members of parliaments , plus ministers no free lodges etc. and if they contact me i can give more solid ideas, IK is surrounded by mofos visionless ideots, i remember IK joke about pig or swine who was king of goats and sheeps and when it needs sacrification pigs is haram, goats needs to sacrificed.. so this culture still continues slaughter the middle class and the poor.
Extremely disappointed

M.Tariq

MPA (400+ posts)
Kheep ko tu roko jo Airports per ati hain.Ab bahut se cheezoo ki smuggling bar jai gi ,Mal ab Afghanistan se Quetta,aur Peshawar aye ga.

M.Tariq

MPA (400+ posts)
Overseas pakistanio ko tang karo ,Pls take care of core issues pakistan is facing.Loog Phir Hundi pe chale jain ge.

HSiddiqui

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

اسلام آباد: وفاقی وزیر اطلاعات فواد چوہدری کا کہنا ہے کہ ہم دو ارب ڈالر کے موبائل درآمد کر رہے ہیں اس پر ٹیکس نہیں کریں گے تو کیسے چلے گا؟ مہنگے فون پر 38 فیصد ٹیکس ہے، اس سے زیادہ مناسب ٹیکسیشن کیا ہوگی۔

تفصیلات کے مطابق وفاقی وزیر اطلاعات فواد چوہدری نے سماجی رابطے کی ویب سائٹ ٹویٹر پر ٹویٹ کرتے ہوئے کہا کہ سمندر پار پاکستانی فون لا سکتے ہیں اضافی فون پر ٹیکس ہے، ہم دو ارب ڈالر کے موبائل درآمد کر رہے ہیں اس پر ٹیکس نہیں کریں گے تو کیسے چلے گا؟

فواد چوہدری نے کہا کہ 60 ڈالر سے کم قیمت کے فون پر ٹیکس نہ ہونے کے برابر ہے۔ مہنگے فون پر 38 فیصد ٹیکس ہے، اس سے زیادہ مناسب ٹیکسیشن کیا ہوگی۔

انہوں نے مزید کہا کہ ہمیں ٹیکس کلچر اپنانا ہوگا۔

I totally agree with this new restriction, I am an oversees and I know every one can do it with one phone. If you are on a position where you are required to keep an office phone with you while travelling, then you get this permission also to use it for personal if required urgently.
People have brought in phones with false statements and then sold them in market, Government loss the revenue that they could have if this phone was imported in lawfull manner.
These are all small leakages and they must be stopped, I know there will be people speaking against it and most of them are the one who had been doing this smugling in the name of personal phone and then no check from Government.

Great work , this was the smallest form of KHAIPYA, now go for huge Khapyas it is a big mafia and draining millions of revenue every day.

Water

Councller (250+ posts)
this is good initiative
i know so many people who take 10 iphones in 1 flight to sell it locally
Farooq G..how is it possible to buy a branded phone overseas than sell it at higher price in Pakistan.
Yea probably if they are stolen phones..only than it's possible

sher18

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't know why so many people complaining about OP treated badly at the airport. Maybe the OP who come back flashing their foreign passports and start treating the locals like crap, should start behaving. I have travelled back home many times and have had no issues. Actually many people have been more courteous when they find out that i am an OP.

sher18

Minister (2k+ posts)
one my friend from China told me that China has the strictest laws for overseas Chinese. They don't get any benefits. They don't even have dual citizenship. And if someone transfers any foreign currency out of the country, they are jailed. So OP stop complaining.

disgusted

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
So I have to pay 38% tax if I bring my work phone along with personal phone. It’s a joke. Customs will be very happy, another avenue to harass overseas Pakistani’s and earn more bribe.
For your work phone there is no tax. It is on the additional phone that is payable. One phone is enough unless you have two mouths in which case you will be treated as a special case and will be allowed to bring a many as a the number of mouths you have.

Competent

Minister (2k+ posts)
For your work phone there is no tax. It is on the additional phone that is payable. One phone is enough unless you have two mouths in which case you will be treated as a special case and will be allowed to bring a many as a the number of mouths you have.
Ok what about personal phone. Everybody who do daily jobs they get phones for business use. So at least 2 phones should be allowed. For me 38% tax on additional phone is so little it should be even 500%.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Farooq G..how is it possible to buy a branded phone overseas than sell it at higher price in Pakistan.
Yea probably if they are stolen phones..only than it's possible

see sometimes they release overseas before Pakistan, like Iphone 4 period
People took 5 to 10 of them from Dubai and sold it in Pakistan..also if they are smuggled and refurbished, they avoid duty on it when selling in Pakistan