NZ massacre terrorist’s mother watches her son Killing & crying

Allama G

Minister (2k+ posts)
Maximum he will get is 23 years. And imagine he is out of his jail in some time doing same. That's why capital punishment are important

muhammadadeel

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
There is no execution in NZ

While the West bombed and murdered children in FATA and Yemen. Where is the so called law for them then. From Canada, USA, Australia, USA to all of NATO.

These people are not selectively but directly targeting and murdering Muslims. They only cry when it happens in their countries. Which is a load of hypocrisy.

It gives me shivers down my spine for the mentally sickness this racist, fascist, xenophobically abusive, islamophobic attitude of the west. If we don't even talk about it, then shame on us, shame on us.

Vitamin_C

New Zealand has life imprisonment. I doubt he will get anything less than life in prison without possibility of parole. Its worse than a death sentence. Death would be the easy way out for him.

Russia was the first country to abolish the death penalty because they had punishments available much worse than death. If people were lucky they were awarded death sentence, if not they were sent into the gulags, the worst ones in Siberia.

Maximum he will get is 23 years. And imagine he is out of his jail in some time doing same. That's why capital punishment are important

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Please show this to the west and tell them that now do you understand that why we have death penalties in Pakistan?

Now shut the fuck up and stop using it as an excuse to impose sanctions on us!

Vitamin_C

The west doesn't make laws on emotions like Pakistanis do. This is also why they are more successful than us.

These attacks are extremely rare and there is no reason to risk the negative effects of irreversible capital punishments in your society because of a remote incident.

There is a lack of evidence to suggest that capital punishment acts as a deterrent for violent crimes. But there is evidence that show that states with capital punishments reintroduced see an increase in violent crime.

Capital punishments are less effective in deterring crime compared to life imprisonment. Also Capital Punishment is more expensive to carry out compared to life imprisonment.

Please show this to the west and tell them that now do you understand that why we have death penalties in Pakistan?

Now shut the fuck up and stop using it as an excuse to impose sanctions on us!

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Please quote the evidence!

The west doesn't make laws on emotions like Pakistanis do. This is also why they are more successful than us.

These attacks are extremely rare and there is no reason to risk the negative effects of irreversible capital punishments in your society because of a remote incident.

There is a lack of evidence to suggest that capital punishment acts as a deterrent for violent crimes. But there is evidence that show that states with capital punishments reintroduced see an increase in violent crime.

Capital punishments are less effective in deterring crime compared to life imprisonment. Also Capital Punishment is more expensive to carry out compared to life imprisonment.

indigo

Siasat.pk - Blogger
New Zealand has life imprisonment. I doubt he will get anything less than life in prison without possibility of parole. Its worse than a death sentence. Death would be the easy way out for him.

Russia was the first country to abolish the death penalty because they had punishments available much worse than death. If people were lucky they were awarded death sentence, if not they were sent into the gulags, the worst ones in Siberia.

Murderer should go to immediately, nothing is worse than hell.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
OK! May be I am using a different Google then!

- Our results suggest that capital punishment has a strong deterrent effect; each execution results, on average, in 18 fewer murdersówith a margin of error of plus or minus 10 -

Paper: I hope you understand statistics: https://cjlf.org/deathpenalty/DezRubShepDeterFinal.pdf

- We can debate that for which crimes capital punishment should be used! e.g. I'm against using it for Blasphemy. But it needs no rocket science to see how much terrorism went up in Pakistan when Capital punishment was abolished in 2008 and how much it has come down since it has been re-instated!

Just do a simple google search, there are numerous studies on this

Vitamin_C

The study you quoted is statistically flawed. They ignore other factors that may effect crimes such as presence of a powerful alternative to death penalty, and whether the death penalty is actually enforced in the State or not. There are similar studies that have been quoted but there are many more studies than that which say, no conclusion can be drawn from these statistics. The consensus amongst criminologists is that Death penalty does not have a deterrent affect on violent crimes.

As for Pakistan, if you look at the number of deaths of civilians and security forces. The number of deaths actually increase significantly after the death penalty is reinforced in 2012.

Also, the death penalty is not the only variable that effects terrorism in Pakistan. The changes in the number of deaths can be due to unemployment, poverty, military operations, changes in enforcement, actions of Americans in Afghanistan etc. You need to study statistics my friend. Cant draw black and white correlation while ignoring everything else in the world.

OK! May be I am using a different Google then!

- Our results suggest that capital punishment has a strong deterrent effect; each execution results, on average, in 18 fewer murdersówith a margin of error of plus or minus 10 -

Paper: I hope you understand statistics: https://cjlf.org/deathpenalty/DezRubShepDeterFinal.pdf
- We can debate that for which crimes capital punishment should be used! e.g. I'm against using it for Blasphemy. But it needs no rocket science to see how much terrorism went up in Pakistan when Capital punishment was abolished in 2008 and how much it has come down since it has been re-instated!

Vitamin_C

Not everyone believes hell exists, Jews, Jains, Buddhists, Agnostics, Deists, Atheists for example don't believe in Hell. Neither do we have conclusive evidence of Hell's existence. Laws should be based on reality and evidence, not on faith and emotions.

As of now the death penalty is just a state sanctioned act of murder to get revenge. It doesn't help with crime rates and it is unethical to take someones life as a punishment for any crime when there are alternative punishments available such as life imprisonment.

Not everything that religions teach us about criminal justice is ethical. Other things that we learned from religious morality is 4 required witnesses for rape. Chopping limbs off for petty theft. Stoning people to death for adultery. Stoning to death for working on a Sunday. This is the kind of society you create when you base your laws on religion, emotions and faith. This is what separates us from more advanced western societies.

"Why do the Christian nations, which were so weak in the past compared with Muslim nations begin to dominate so many lands in modern times and even defeat the once victorious Ottoman armies?"..."Because they have laws and rules invented by reason"
Ibrahim Muteferrika, Ottoman diplomat, historian, sociologist, theologian. Rational basis for the Politics of Nations (1731)

Murderer should go to immediately, nothing is worse than hell.