Nikah Nama

kakamana

Minister (2k+ posts)
im not sure, but reason is being some sort of legal & social. As male can marry more then one at any given time and female can't do the same!!!! And it make sense too regarding who is father of babies :)

bahir-sayin

MPA (400+ posts)
im not sure, but reason is being some sort of legal & social. As male can marry more then one at any given time and female can't do the same!!!! And it make sense too regarding who is father of babies :)
You mean that if we mention the number of marriages by male; it will effect his legal and social status as man and his praternity. Very interesting logic. My opinion, we can save precious time of judges in family courts just by mention of this status

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
You mean that if we mention the number of marriages by male; it will effect his legal and social status as man and his praternity. Very interesting logic. My opinion, we can save precious time of judges in family courts just by mention of this status

Not sure which nikahnama you are looking at, but the standard nikahnama in Pakistan includes marital status for both bride and groom.

For bride, it asks whether she has never been married/widowed/divorced.
For the groom, it asks whether he is a widower/divorced/any other wife.
And in case of any other wife, it also asks whether he has taken permission for a second marriage.

bahir-sayin

MPA (400+ posts)
Not sure which nikahnama you are looking at, but the standard nikahnama in Pakistan includes marital status for both bride and groom.

For bride, it asks whether she has never been married/widowed/divorced.
For the groom, it asks whether he is a widower/divorced/any other wife.
And in case of any other wife, it also asks whether he has taken permission for a second marriage.

The issue is resolved. Thank you very much for the information. A few years back this information was not there on the nikah nama and I was not aware of the issuance of new Nikah nama certificate. I have checked the information (you have given) on the internet and you are correct. New Nikah nama has information about both. There is no confusion on the issue now. The administration can close the thread.