Need your thoughts on my App Idea

TechWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
I Need your thoughts to validate the idea of the app I am developing. Also If you can give and further idea for improvements, I will really appreciate that.

App Name : Quick Confirmation or Group Alarm

This app saves the time and cost by allowing the user to call simultaneously in a group. Specially useful in a situation where you want to receive response from multiple users quickly without wasting your time and money to call them individually.
The call receivers gets the option to accept or reject. Based on this the caller gets the response of each user in a screenshot (list) below.

example 1: Captain team group. Captain calls all players and ask their status wether they are coming up for the match or not
example 2: A guy who wakes up other people in Fajr prayer like screenshot below

Screenshot_20170507-053241.png

project-featured.jpg

This is how call receiver receives the call. Once he picks up the call the status is updated to the caller.

Screenshot_2017-04-27-06-12-41.png

Please state, why you would install or not install this app. How is the idea?

Last edited:

TONIC

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Idea is good but it is very basic , will you be running adds ? add something like Quran Mushaf, persian script, madina, tajweed and couple of translations also if you can include 99 name of Allah or Tasbih counter it will be good but try not to overkill it.

One more thing add a Islamic calendar that is very important.

TechWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
Idea is good but it is very basic , will you be running adds ? add something like Quran Mushaf, persian script, madina, tajweed and couple of translations also if you can include 99 name of Allah or Tasbih counter it will be good but try not to overkill it.

One more thing add a Islamic calendar that is very important.

bro this is not islamic app only. It can be used in any situation where you need to get the response quickly of lots of people simultaneously. Please read post again.

alicekim

Senator (1k+ posts)
In android play store, see the app 'Group Call' by Inspiration Unlimited, I think they have a similar application as your idea.

You need to first clearly define the real-life problem and then your proposed solution. Always do a detailed search on Google to see if it has already been implemented or not before. Hope this helps!

TechWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
Thanks for valuable info about Group Call app. I just download and tested it, it is kind of similar to app but my app is calling through Internet. This means call receivers/clients will also have to install the application. The only problem I think in the Idea is all users need to install the app.

Also my app just gets the Yes or No Like confirmation from the clients. And displays the user response the the caller. THe good thing is that calls go instantly to all the group members unlike Group call app. So you can call 50 people even in my app in no time.

How do you like this idea bro?

In android play store, see the app 'Group Call' by Inspiration Unlimited, I think they have a similar application as your idea.

You need to first clearly define the real-life problem and then your proposed solution. Always do a detailed search on Google to see if it has already been implemented or not before. Hope this helps!

arafay

This is not a very useful idea. Even if the app becomes successful, other apps like whatsapp and platforms like IOS or android can easily add this feature making your app redundant.

The single most important thing you need to be successful in business is a competitive advantage. Warren Buffet calls it a moat - a moat was used in medieval times to protect the castle from foreign invasion. The deeper and deeper the moat (competitive advantage), the more difficult it was to break into the castle (business).

Before you create any app, you need to find your competitive advantage - something that few or no other company/app can offer. In another thread you mentioned bipolar disorder. Maybe you should create an app for bipolars since you are in a unique position to understand this disorder and create features accordingly. You can then market the app as by a bipolar for other bipolars.

TechWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
This is not a very useful idea. Even if the app becomes successful, other apps like whatsapp and platforms like IOS or android can easily add this feature making your app redundant.

The single most important thing you need to be successful in business is a competitive advantage. Warren Buffet calls it a moat - a moat was used in medieval times to protect the castle from foreign invasion. The deeper and deeper the moat (competitive advantage), the more difficult it was to break into the castle (business).

Before you create any app, you need to find your competitive advantage - something that few or no other company/app can offer. In another thread you mentioned bipolar disorder. Maybe you should create an app for bipolars since you are in a unique position to understand this disorder and create features accordingly. You can then market the app as by a bipolar for other bipolars.

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

I created this app because captain of my cricket team have to wake everybody up and get their confirmation for the participation in the match early in the morning. He wastes his money and time. With this app with just one click, everybody will be awake and will confirm to the captain about their participation. It's like a group alarm

This saves the captain time and money and with one click you can call easily 50 people in no time.

Last edited:

arafay

I created this app because captain of my cricket team have to wake everybody up and get their confirmation for the participation in the match early in the morning. He wastes his money and time. With this app with just one click, everybody will be awake and will confirm to the captain about their participation. It's like a group alarm

This saves the captain time and money and with one click you can call easily 50 people in no time.

right but assuming your idea is successful and your app gets 1M downloads. The next day whatsapp releases this feature to their groups. Your app will go to zero faster than it took to go to 1000 downloads. You can only have limited time in life, so it is better to spend it on things that have some residual value.

Munawarkhan

I think you got a lot of good feedback here.

I believe that you should immediately put it to test with you team members. The feedback you will get out of this experience would help you enhance your product.
If you can figure out a way that everyone doesn't have to install the app, and instead they get a call on their mobile (like skype) it will be better. This will help you differ from whatsapp.
Then apart form public, you can have a lot of commercial usages of it, e.g. sales team, transport company that has lots of drivers, tour guide group etc.
Different subscription models, could be introduced for revenue.

Someone mentioned adding Islamic Reminders, which is also a good direction, you can create another app through this experience.

alicekim

Senator (1k+ posts)
The problem is that if you are calling me for a cricket match or any other yes/no voting situation, I dont know that you are calling me about a question, or if an emergency is happening and you are calling me needing some help. So even if I don't want to go to a cricket match, I will still pickup your phone call and talk to you.

Second, if cricket match was scheduled on Sunday morning and I've declined your call (means I'm not coming), but now the match time got changed to afternoon, and you call me again, then how would I know that there is an update in time? So, even though I'm available in afternoon, I will still cancel the call considering that match is still on Sunday morning. If you can change the CLI text with the Subject of Call, that appears on my phone, then i think we have an invention here.

EXAMPLE:

So you enter a queation and select the contacts and press call.

Each contact will receive the phone call and will see "Zahid +9233322233344: Cricket match on Sunday 3/4/2018 Morning at 9am?" on their phone screens.

Now if I press ACCEPT or pick the phone and attend the call, it will register as a YES to your voting result.

If I press REJECT or don't attend the phone, it will register as a NO to your voting result.

Now, if you get too many NOs, you can change the voting question and dial the group call again. This time I will see "Zahid +9233322233344: Cricket match on Sunday 3/4/18 Afternoon at 2pm?

And the call receivers can now again do a YES or NO after seeing this new update Subject of CLI on their phone screens.

I think it's a good idea with lot of corporate potential (people can schedule quick meetings without outlook or take a survey or the administrator can ask employees or school/college kids quickly and simply if they are safe after a shooting or bombing incident etc.). So basically this is a voting or a survey app using phone dialing system, and when the user picks the phone or accepts the call, that just means a YES, and then system will register the response and disconnect the phone, that doesn't means that the receiver can now TALK with the sender of the call. Because if 10 people say YES, all of them cannot SPEAK to the sender simultaneously. So be cleae, that this app doesn't let two people tall to each other, it's simoly a voting or survey app, that rwgiatwra yes or no, if one accept or reject the phone call, respectively.

Besides taking the survey from friends, also put these options:

1) Your APP is always FREE. But after the app is installed it will collect location data in real time, and will also ask for gender and education level and age of user and income and other details.

2) Based on the collected data, now you can allow the companies (premium paid subscribers) to dial people.

3) Companies can choose to dial people based on distance, location, gender, age, education etc. to run their promotions or targeted ads, or any kind of survey. Companies will also be able to send coupons or material or followup second or more calls, bases on the initial response to their original calls.

4) So as an example of calling based on distance, within 0.25 mile radius of a mall, all shoppers will get a message like (Would you like to come for a 50% sale at JunaidJamshed). And a coupon is then send to all the users who said YES, so that they can come and do shopping. Same thing goes for a movie theatre "Would you like to see movie Jurassic Park today at 5:30pm for $2, if user says yes, send them the coupon and if user says no, send them another call, asking if Jurassic Park 8:00pm show is better for them for $1.75?

Work on the details, be VERY VERY CLEAR and this can become really big and its a Good Idea (so many applications, like doing survey for college classes "Do you like to attend museums for a space exhibition" or running a promotion ad based on age or gender or location or education or income level and especially in security conditions like shooting in crowded places like schools, colleges, hospitals and the management can quickly do a safety count of teachers or doctors/staff or employees or student by typing in the subject "Are you safe?" and sending it as a group survey call to everyone. Those not responding or those rejecting or denying the call will be counted as potential victims.)

Hope this analysis helps.

alicekim

Senator (1k+ posts)
For group team alarm, check TEAMSNAP app on the Google Playstore. This is kind of similar to what your idea is, but I think you've two inventions here. One is group team alarm and other is the vote system using call dial/disconnect.

careerz

Citizen
Your idea is very Awesome and unique i think. I would prefer to Do SMO,SEM,SMM,AOS,SEO jobs for marketing.This way you will see you can earn or your apps google ranking up day by day .