MQM Thuggery - Salman Ahmed ki Zabani - A MUST READ!

khalid100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Thuggery of MQM

Salman Ahmad and the MQM experience
Recently, Salman Ahmad, a former band member of a musical group, Junoon, which is South Asia's biggest and most senior rock band, made some public statements which are reproduced below. Formerly, he was also a part of another popular musical group named Vital Signs. He is a doctor, a music artist and an actor.

I hope this statement by him helps MQM supporters make a sensible choice in the next elections.

Altaf Hussain and his murdering accomplices deserve to be tried for their crimes against Pakistan. Ive been threatened by them on many occasions in the past 15 years. One particular time was when I refused to perform at Altafs marriage function in Karachi and London where all the other artists, including Ali Azmat, were browbeaten to go and perform for his Majestys pleasure. The man who threatened me was called Khalid bin Walid who was a known terrorist and a murderer. He told me that Altaf Hussain, his Quaid had especially demanded me to appear with Junoon to perform at their ceremony function.

When I refused to comply he called up my staff and my sound company guy, Ishtiaq Ahmed,and threatened them with dire consequences if I didnt go. Ishtiaq pleaded with me to go and perform or risk being killed,and all this OVER REFUSING TO PLAY AT A MARRIAGE FUNCTION!

As fate would have it,Im still alive, but Mr. Walid was killed a few weeks later in a shoot-out in Karachi with Haqiqi activists. (Those who live by the sword die by the sword).

In 1992,they also threatened to abduct my wife and children if I didnt show up at an MQM rally and welcome their leader Azim Tariq. I still live happily with respect and dignity but alas Azim Tariq was also was killed in a mob feud. My friends, Junaid Jamshed and Sajid Hassan worried for my safety told me that Im putting my family at risk every time I refuse to obey these goons and on every occasion I told him that if I give into their terror tactics I can not call myself a Muslim.

Allah (SWT) is our protector and He has commanded us to stand up against injustice and that is why I applaud Imran Khan for speaking the truth about Altaf Hussain and his goon squad. I think the time has come for all Pakistanis to stand up and be counted. Do you want to live as a citizen of a country with dignity and all your rights protected or as a slave in someones fiefdom?

Baad-e-mukhalif sey na ghabra aye uqaab
yeh to chalti hai terey oonchi uraan kay liye -Iqbal

(Dont be afraid of flying against the wind, oh Falcon,
this wind only blows to help you fly higher)

Allah (SWT) hu Akbar!

Salman Ahmad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also a Q&A session with Salman Ahmad below. I first read about this here.

Q1: You recently stated in the press that MQM leader Altaf Hussain has threatened you on a number of occasions. Have you ever taken a legal action against him? If not, why? If yes, what happened?

Salman Ahmad: Altaf Hussain is not courageous enough to threaten me directlyhe gets his goons to do the dirty work.The first time I was threatened by the MQM was in the early 1990s when their armed activists told me to go on stage and welcome their then local leader Azeem Tariq at the KMC sports complex. When i refused they threatened to abduct my wife and children. Then they called my house repeatedly and told my father and wife that they will shoot me if I continue to perform in Karachi. I took the threat very seriously and called the Sindh police who sent officers to protect my family residence. I didnt make it a public issue then because the media was also intimidated by the MQM unlike the Pakistani media now which is strong and independent.

I discussed the matter with legal counsel and everyone told me that no court would be strong enough to stand up to the MQMs fascist tactics. My friends told me that since Im a nationally known figure these thugs would be taking a huge chance at attacking me or my family for such a stupid reason.

They did however disrupt many Junoon concerts at (REX) Hashoo auditorium when armed members of their student wing APMSO gate crashed, fought with private security guards and terrorized women, children and families by firing shots in the air and shouting party slogans.

Unfortunately these threats have always been there and most artists have given into these terror tactics because of fear just like all the other citizens of Karachi all through the 1990s right upto the present bloodbath of May 12.

Another time I got a call from nine zero was from a guy called Khalid bin Walid who said that his quaid Altaf Hussain had personally demanded me to appear with Junoon at his ghyabana walima in Karachi followed by the one in London. When I refused to comply he told me that aap nay iss shehr mein rehna hai ya nahin, yeh merey quaid ka Order hai I refused and had no choice but to contact the federal govt. which provided Junoon with security at our Karachi concert. My security officer Hasnain and even my sound engineer, Ishtiaq, were told to convince me to perform at the walima where other artists were also hustled into going because of MQMs reputation of terror.

Junaid Jamshed and Sajid Hassan told me that these people are dangerous and not to be taken lightly. My response to them was that If I gave into these threats then all the songs that I have composed like JAZBA-E-JUNOON, TALASH, EHTESAAB, MERI AWAZ SUNO, NO MORE, AZADI, MEIN KAUN HOON, ETC would all be blatant lies

Q2: Do you acknowledge the fact that MQM is a major party in Sindh?

Salman Ahmad: My mothers family also came from Patiala, India in 1947. Some of my relatives lost their lives and all their possessions during partition. They shed blood for a Pakistan which they hoped would give them human rights, protection and a home for their children to grow up in Peace and prosperity. Its for this reason that initially I supported the MQM, but when I saw their politics of terror, violence and coercion, I was disillusioned by them. After seeing the blood bath of MAY 12, Muslims killing Muslims, Im forced to ask these questions: For how long will these parties continue to threaten the new generation of Pakistanis who are Pakistanis first and Sindhi, Punjabi, Mohajirs, Pathan, Baloch second. For how long will they arm young students with T.T. pistols and other weapons and teach them to kill rather than educate them. Is this the Pakistan they want for their children to grow up in? My appeal to the MQM and all the other political parties who believe in terror and violence is to listen to the voice of change: LAY DOWN YOUR ARMS and let us all help build a new Pakistan, a Pakistan of Peace,Justice and prosperity A Pakistan which openly celebrates its beautiful and diverse people.

Q3:You have also stated that, I think the time has come for all Pakistanis to stand up and be counted. Are you planning to take any action other than the statement you have sent out?

Salman Ahmad: Im an artist first and my work speaks louder than my words: From DIL DIL PAKISTAN to GHOOM TANA I have always had strong political views which have been reflected through my music and films. Whomsoever helps Pakistan become a strong,just and Peaceful country will always get my support. As a U.N. goodwill ambassador I have an added responsibility to promote HIV. Aids awareness and a global vision of peace, tolerance and coexistence. Pakistan is an integral part of this vision.

Q4: You are friends with Imran Khan. Are you unbiased or are you working in support of Tehrik-e-Insaf?

Salman Ahmad: Like I said Ill support anyone who serves Pakistans interests and not their own.

Q5: You have always been a strong supporter of President Pervez Musharraf. What is your view of his behaviour regarding MQM and what happened on May 12 in Karachi?

Salman Ahmad: President Musharraf will be judged by the legacy he leaves behind. Its in his interest and Pakistans that he keeps the will of the people his highest priority. There should be a strong independent commission which should look into the causes of the tragedy of May 12th. Pakistani blood is not cheap. each one of the killers should be brought to justice and May 12th, Bloody Saturday should be a reminder to all, that, Pakistanis will NEVER surrender to terror and violence.

Q6:All over the world, musicians often get involved in politics. You have made a political statement. Do you think Pakistani musicians should get involved in politics?

Salman Ahmad: Its not for me to say what other artists should do, but this is a time for all Pakistanis to stand up and be counted.You have to ask yourself: will I always live in fear and be a slave in someones fiefdom OR will I express my true Khudi and fly like Iqbals Shahine to discover my highest potential.

Q7:Are you planning on making a song about this May 12 carnage?

Salman Ahmad: Music, poetry and a guitar are far more powerful than guns, bombs and bullets. Sabir Zafar and I wrote the song Junoon sey aur Ishq sey miltee hai Azaadi, Qurbani ki bahon mein miltee hai Azadi for the movie, Jinnah. In this, Pakistans 60th anniversary of independence,

Id like to dedicate those words to the Martyrs of May 12 who shed their blood for the sake of Jinnahs dream.

http://www.asadasif.com/index.php?itemid=101
---

I fully agree Salman Ahmad and any efforts he makes with or without Imran Khan to curb the menace called MQM. I wish them the best of luck.

And for the record, yes, we are Pakistanis first and foremost and Punjabi, Sindhi, Balochi, Pathan or Kashmiri later.

Sub se pehlay Pakistan. Pakistan Zindabad

raju

Senator (1k+ posts)
Thank you Salman for bringing this up.

This is how they treat high profile people. Can you imagine, what they do to regular people like us?

I brought this up in another thread, how my family friends had to leave the country due to their thuggery.

I am going to pull out the story from another thread and post it her. BRB

raju

Senator (1k+ posts)
One of my close family friends, recently moved to overseas from Karachi. Him and his wife both are doctors. This is how their story goes...

We have been robbed three times by the same people. They come to our house and put guns on our head and take away whatever they want.

So I asked why don't you call police and go to the court? They responded by saying this..

They are the police!! They come in police jeaps and one time we even found a uniformed police officer standing out side waiting for them

Jury

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
raju said:
Thank you Salman for bringing this up.

This is how they treat high profile people. Can you imagine, what they do to regular people like us?

I brought this up in another thread, how my family friends had to leave the country due to their thuggery.

I am going to pull out the story from another thread and post it her. BRB

This video is available openly. You can judge this man credibility.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6QUEllm5Ho[/video]