Media Censorship

babag763

Citizen
So, the government is cracking down on media again. I'm not against austerity measures and I actually support government's involvement in media industry.
If the government decides to reduce the number of ads without any discrimination then I would fully support it. The problem is that government has started to use ads as a blackmail tool for the media... and that's where it is wrong.

punjab-govt-stops-advertisement-to-daily-nai-baat-1564140334-3332.png

It has been observed that the Punjab government is penalizing the esteemed newspaper because the provincial government is not happy over the independent views expressed in the newspaper over the present state of governance, and economy.
The Punjab government’s step is being seen as a move against freedom of expression and economic exploitation of the workers associated with the 'Nai Baat media group'.

So, my question is that what do we think about this at Siasat.pk? Please do comment and let me know your thoughts on this matter.

balochno1

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Media or sindh police walon pe zara b reham nhn. inhone jo gandh machaiyi thi yeh ab uska makafat e amal hai. in begairaton ko maine rummy club se bhatta wasool karte dekha hai karachi me.

aimless

Minister (2k+ posts)
LOL, a media asking for ads is blackmailing not the other way around ... It's bullshit when a media is begging for Ads and try to justify it like it's their right ...

BrotherKantu

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
اب اشتہار رشوت کے طور پر نہیں دیے جائیں گے .
ٹھیک خبریں لگاؤ تاکہ لوگ آپ کا اخبار خبروں کے لئے خریدیں
اوپن مارکٹ ہے جو بے کار اخبار ہے وہ بند ہو جاۓ گا.
اصلی اور مقابلے کی منڈی میں ایسا ہی ہوتا ہے.
مال نہیں بکتا تو دوکان بند کرو

AhmadSaleem264

Minister (2k+ posts)
Han g nawaz shareef to itnay sakhi thay k daily herat or daily achanak ko bhi ads detay thay marhoom bohat khial rakhnay walay thay kabhi chotay baray akhbar mai faraq nhi kia

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yeah ishtiharon ke leya blackmail karte hain, aaj ishtihar daina shuru karin, mahngai khatam, mulk main dudh aur shahad ki chasmay phot parin gy. Choor ke bachay...Haram khor.

tipupk

Minister (2k+ posts)
ان کو حرامخوری کی عادت پڑی ہئ ہے۔ان کو سمجھ جانا چاہیے کہ عمران خان ان کو ہڈی نہیں ڈلے گا۔

Khan125

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
So, the government is cracking down on media again. I'm not against austerity measures and I actually support government's involvement in media industry.
If the government decides to reduce the number of ads without any discrimination then I would fully support it. The problem is that government has started to use ads as a blackmail tool for the media... and that's where it is wrong.

punjab-govt-stops-advertisement-to-daily-nai-baat-1564140334-3332.png

So, my question is that what do we think about this at Siasat.pk? Please do comment and let me know your thoughts on this matter.
How can newspapers be impartial if they are dependent on govt. Adds?

khalilqureshi

Senator (1k+ posts)
Do Newspaper depend solely on advertisements. If it is so then, should they have any right to get published, if their model is to blackmail and get money. If their survival is based on blackmail not quality and substance that they should look for other business.