Mazar A Quaid was a really Pleasant Surprise

UKPakistani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
CLEAN SPOTLESS and BEAUTIFUL HUGE and HUMBLING

There was rubbish but not much.
There were bins and they were being used

From all corners of the World and even some "Foreign" Pakistani's like myself were visiting the Mazar

There was even free drinking water, and people were drinking it.

Now the whinge.

It is an incredibly under utalised visitors magnet. I was told people come in their thousands daily Much more at weekends
Few places to eat around the Mazar and those too of low quality, making maximum money out of snacks and drinks

I wanted people selling Souvenirs like Mugs Caps Scarves T shirts Plates with all sorts things printed on them

From just pics of the Mazar or Baba Jinnah, or just a mug saying M A J Father of my Nation.

I am sure those would generate income and employement around a resource so underdeveloped.

Surely that is possible and can only do good than harm

Also saw such of Karachi from the back or a tuk tuk. Went to Empress Market and the surroundings there
A lot of demolition but noone clearing up the rubble, instead people adding their mess to it

Also I am blown away by how much high rise building work is going on Better housing I hope for some Karachi residents.

Finally walking a very long way up Shahraih A Faisal and a very long way back. First one side then the other
Those fucking crossing footbridges are so high I nearly got vertigo as well as tired as hell
I did see Rangers Personnel in their distinct Uniforms
They are a friendly bunch polite and do make you feel they are there to serve.
Maybe they knew I was a "Visitor" but they are okay by me.
I did feel secure in their presence in a city where I am a stranger and the recent history of what has happened over the last three decades

Final Words for now.

hard working honest people working so hard to make a pittance seems to be the impression. Little boys running little shops by themselves.
Even the Traffic Cops dealing with wave after wave of dickhead drivers on all sorts of vehicles coming at them from every direction. SHIT JOB

Last edited by a moderator:

ali-raj

It's more of a whore pick up point. pick pocketing and police tailing you in civil dress is a normal thing.
It is getting bit better since rangers is on duty, however, it really needs a major overhaul , just like everyother institute of Pakistan.

citizen12

Minister (2k+ posts)
When i was there, i used to enjoy shopping in saddar and eating food from THELLA. They are cheap and even not very clean but very tasty and if ur belly accept u must eat them, like fried fish from lalu khet and and burns road food.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
When i was there, i used to enjoy shopping in saddar and eating food from THELLA. They are cheap and even not very clean but very tasty and if ur belly accept u must eat them, like fried fish from lalu khet and and burns road food.
After I crapped for three days straight after eating a ganda gola I stopped eating most if not all street food. But couldn't resist the thela selling french fries or roasted peanuts :D

citizen12

Minister (2k+ posts)
After I crapped for three days straight after eating a ganda gola I stopped eating most if not all street food. But couldn't resist the thela selling french fries or roasted peanuts :D
AT first place I got issues as well but after sometime i became use to of them. I really enjoyed all thella food and aaahh gola ganda used to be my fav things, could not get the same taste is slush. The only thing always disturbed me was tap water.

UKPakistani

I think I learnt something new

4353487761812741f09f49014bf2f7995a6b183a4fd862622450c010af995349ebf8a8c2.jpg

Took that yesterday

Will do as you suggested along with citizen12

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
CLEAN SPOTLESS and BEAUTIFUL HUGE and HUMBLING

There was rubbish but not much.
There were bins and they were being used

From all corners of the World and even some "Foreign" Pakistani's like myself were visiting the Mazar

There was even free drinking water, and people were drinking it.

Now the whinge.

It is an incredibly under utalised visitors magnet. I was told people come in their thousands daily Much more at weekends
Few places to eat around the Mazar and those too of low quality, making maximum money out of snacks and drinks

I wanted people selling Souvenirs like Mugs Caps Scarves T shirts Plates with all sorts things printed on them

From just pics of the Mazar or Baba Jinnah, or just a mug saying M A J Father of my Nation.

I am sure those would generate income and employement around a resource so underdeveloped.

Surely that is possible and can only do good than harm

Also saw such of Karachi from the back or a tuk tuk. Went to Empress Market and the surroundings there
A lot of demolition but noone clearing up the rubble, instead people adding their mess to it

Also I am blown away by how much high rise building work is going on Better housing I hope for some Karachi residents.

Finally walking a very long way up Shahraih A Faisal and a very long way back. First one side then the other
Those fucking crossing footbridges are so high I nearly got vertigo as well as tired as hell
I did see Rangers Personnel in their distinct Uniforms
They are a friendly bunch polite and do make you feel they are there to serve.
Maybe they knew I was a "Visitor" but they are okay by me.
I did feel secure in their presence in a city where I am a stranger and the recent history of what has happened over the last three decades

Final Words for now.

hard working honest people working so hard to make a pittance seems to be the impression. Little boys running little shops by themselves.
Even the Traffic Cops dealing with wave after wave of dickhead drivers on all sorts of vehicles coming at them from every direction. SHIT JOB
Goor reporting Batoota! Keep it up!!:LOL:

GreenMaple

The monument may get more visitors and usage if they make a public park on the land instead of off-limit manicured flower beds.

miafridi

It's good to see that you are having a good time in Pakistan.

Were there foreign tourists from other countries??

Dr Adam

You are scaring me now lol

You gotta be scared and careful.

Had often been to Islamabad visiting my family. In 2013 ate out only once in that famous hilltop restaurant Minaal. In 2015 ate once at Food Court Melody and in 2017 ate out at Jhangiria Blue Area. These are all upscale restaurants, not thela or street food vendors.

Each time I came back with H. Pylori, and this is what H. Pylori is:

(Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a type of bacteria. These germs can enter your body and live in your digestive tract. After many years, they can cause sores, called ulcers, in the lining of your stomach or the upper part of your small intestine. For some people, an infection can lead to stomach cancer.)

Last year did not eat out, no problem at all.
So gotta be careful.