Match fixing and dirty politics of cricket.

Zamaray Khan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
When it comes to cricket there is no doubt thst pakistan has an amazing talent. Imran,Javed,Waqar Waseem and younus are the prime examples. But unfortunately apart from Imran's era of captainship Pakistan cricket is all about conspiries or match fixing . To give an example I will take you in the recent past .

After winning the T20 World Cup as a captain the whole team especially Afridi Malik,kamran and some othe players were against Younus khan.The reason behind it was Younus khan's strick captainship thats why he managed to won the T20 world cup 2009 just like imran won 92 world cup . Had younus was captain since then God knows we could have won another world cup . He had an amazing discipline as a captain and was expecting the same from other players. In 2009 T20 i was lucky enough to watch all the Pak-matches live in the ground as i bought all the tickets in advance almost year ago . Since Afridi and his group were too lazy to follow the strick discapline and were also jelous of Younus khan's captainship that's why the whole group including Salman butt( who later become captain after Younus khan and fix the match in England series ) ,kamran akmal ,afridi ,malik and they were other players made a conspiracy against Younus .

Just after winning the T20 when Pakistan toured srilanka.Pakistan has lost many matches in srilanka tour from a position were they could have easily won those matches.The whole group did this just to get rid of Younus khan from captisnship . They made so many conspiries against Younus that he was out of the cricket for almost a year and icing on the cake stupid PCB put a ban on winning captain of world cup .I guess that was his prize for winning the T20 World Cup.This is how our PCB operstes and this is our cricket culture for years .

On the other hand if we analyse indian cricket borad. When Dhoni was made captain for the first time 2007 T20 world cup and when he won as captain the first ever T20 World Cup in South Africa for India . Indian cricket board made him test captain as well and kept him as a captain till this date . It's almost 8 years now . He is the all time most successful captain of India . Under his captainship India has not only won the T20 world ,they also won the one day cricket World Cup in 2011 . Now this is the difference and approach of two differnt cricket borads.The indian board made dhoni captain till this date for winning the T20 WC while PCB fired Younus khan from captainship and ban him for a year. This was his reward for winning the world cup.!!!

I firmly believe if Younus was captain ,the match fixing incident would have never happened in the England . The reason behind it that I'm claiming this. We all know that Younus khan is a very honest man . Without captain involvement Asif and Amir would have never been able to fix a match . It was Salman butt who actually was the master mind of that match fixing . He was captain and he convinced Asif and Amir easily,more importantly he was the one who executed the match fixing plan.Now just imagine if Pakistan would have kept Younus khan captain after wining the T20 would cup. There would have been no match fixing in the first place and we would have had Asif and Amir not only against India in 2011 World Cup semi final also we would have had them in 2015 World Cup . Who knows if we had younus as captsin and if we had Asif and Amir as well in the 2011 and 2015 world cups ,then potencially we could have perform much better as compare what we did in 2011 semi final against India and in 2015 world cup .

If we look at our cricket history we only achieved glory by winning World Cup 92 and 2009 T20 World Cup.When we had honest,dedicated ,strick and disciplined captains like Imran khan and Younus khan. If you observe both of them closely there are so many similarities in them.As a captain they both were very hard worker ,focused ,honest and well disciplined.The only difference between them was that Imran khan was very strong individual ,who had PCB under his control during his captainship thats why players had no courgage to creat conspiracy against him or fix the match . After imran khan the dirty game of match fixing and conspiracy started . The only person who could have stopped match fixing and conspiries,was younus khan.But unfortunately he had no support or help from PCB.That's why players had the courage to get rid of him. Though it didnt damaged Younus's career that much as he has recenlty become number one batsman of pakistan by breaking the record of great Javed Miandad but it ceratinly damaged the pakidtan cricket.

If Pakistan or PCB wants to win world cups in the future or win against England India and other countries on their home grounds. Then PCB needs to support and help captains like Imran and Younus provided that if Pakistan is lucky enough in future to produce honest and dedicated players like Imran and Younus . PCB needs to make captain more powerful so that culprits like Asif,Amir and Salman don't fix the match and also dirty politicians like Afridi and Shohaib malik don't make conspiries against the captain.

Last edited by a moderator:

nabeel92

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
disagree when you compare Younus with Khan the great ... Younus khan ko payoun mein mooooch bhi aa jati during captaciny toe retirement ka ailan ker daita tha ....

and secondly Younus can get 10,000 runs but he can never reach the level of Miandad .... You've to look at stats from cricinfo to understand Miandad ko MARD-E-BUHRAAN kyun kaha jata tha .... yes Younus is good in tests but Miandad was the real player who would play mind games to pin the opponent down ....

Zamaray Khan

disagree when you compare Younus with Khan the great ... Younus khan ko payoun mein mooooch bhi aa jati during captaciny toe retirement ka ailan ker daita tha ....

and secondly Younus can get 10,000 runs but he can never reach the level of Miandad .... You've to look at stats from cricinfo to understand Miandad ko MARD-E-BUHRAAN kyun kaha jata tha .... yes Younus is good in tests but Miandad was the real player who would play mind games to pin the opponent down ....

Well my friend . I am always against comparing one thing from another . I am not comparing younus khan with Imran khan . No doubt no one can ever reach at the level of Imran khan.
Pakistan cricket started with Imran and finished with his retirement . .
Younus only has few similarities with imran like honesty ,hard work and dedication. If he didn't have theses things then he wouldn't be able to play international cricket near its 40s.
I have plsyed under 19 cricket 1st class cricket . trust me It's not even easy to score 1000 runs in first class levels while has scored 9000 runs Test cricket.He must be given a credit for that .
Read my article closely then you would know the reality . He was pushed and was kicked out from captainship . When it comes to Javed . I agree there is no one better then him . Since you are just 25 and im sure you never watched him playing live in the ground but let me tell you i have seen him playing live on the ground with Imran , Richards and with many other great players but no one was better than Javed .
I hope my answer will clear your mind .
Thanks for the comments .

Last edited:

nabeel92

Since you are just 25 and im sure you never watched him playing live in the ground.
I hope my answer will clear your mind .
Thanks for the comments .

Hmm, I don't see the need for you to remind me of my age buddy ... it's a pretty cheap tactic in a discussion anyway ... my age is incorrect here, I watched Viv play Lillee, Pak beat india 9/10 times and Khan learn swing from Sarfaraz when you were probably being bottle fed . Haaaa :)

Back to the discussion, yes Younus is a very good player but not good enough to be one of the greats .... temporary rankings don't define a cricketer's legacy ... Appreciate you've seen Javed play live to rate him as the best ....

And why you say you never compare one thing with another ? How are you going to reach a conclusion if you don't compare a cricketer's technique or style with another cricketer ???

If there's one person who has come a bit close to Khan, then it would be Misbah ... Given the messy state of affairs Pak cricket in 2010 versus now, Misbah can truly walk out of the field with head high ...

Sufian1

Citizen
To people who are saying that younis is nothing infront of miandad I have high respect for miandad. But keeping younis's record off late. He has scored runs where it mattered the most. I still remember younis scoring runs against the liked of philander morkel and steyn in sa. Also the fact that younis has most centuries in the fourth innings (chasing) speaks volumes.
Rest every one has there own opinion but younis wud b the best bat produced inshAllah for some time

Zamaray Khan

Hmm, I don't see the need for you to remind me of my age buddy ... it's a pretty cheap tactic in a discussion anyway ... my age is incorrect here, I watched Viv play Lillee, Pak beat india 9/10 times and Khan learn swing from Sarfaraz when you were probably being bottle fed . Haaaa :)

Back to the discussion, yes Younus is a very good player but not good enough to be one of the greats .... temporary rankings don't define a cricketer's legacy ... Appreciate you've seen Javed play live to rate him as the best ....

And why you say you never compare one thing with another ? How are you going to reach a conclusion if you don't compare a cricketer's technique or style with another cricketer ???

If there's one person who has come a bit close to Khan, then it would be Misbah ... Given the messy state of affairs Pak cricket in 2010 versus now, Misbah can truly walk out of the field with head high ...

My friend . First of all I apologise if you have been offended about your age .
I advice you ,don't put your age or if you want to then make sure put the correct age .
I don't know why are people put the wrong age .
By the way thanks for telling me that I am doing cheap tactics .

I appreciate that . Well done . You have done a great job .

Now coming back to discussion .

1 Did Misbah win any World Cup . ?

2 Did Misbah win any series against India in India ?

3 Did Misbah win against England in England .

4 did Misbah produced greats like imran did ( Waseem ,Waqar,and Inzamam)

5 Did Misbah win any major tournament or championship .

6 As Australian always say ,no matter how many runs ,you have scored or no matter how many series you have won . If you don't have World Cup and series winning out side of your home venue then your captainship or performance means means nothing .

7 Misbah no doubt is a very good player . I rate him quite high as a batsman.I am not bothered about his record or ranking as a captain. You have rightly mentioned ranking means no thing . I only see his record shining in Dubai ,Sharjah and these venues are our home venues .

8 Apart from Imran khan Younus khan is the only captain who can say I and Imran are the only captain in the history of Pakistan under whom captainship Pakistan won the World Cup .
Even greats like Javed,Waseem and Waqar can't say that .

Last edited:

Zamaray Khan

اردو میں لکھا کریں تاکہ سب کو پڑھنے میں آسانی ہو
مجھے تو انگلش ویسے ہی زھر لگتی ہے

Lol I like your comments . To be honest I don't have the software to right it with Urdu . Also I find it easy to write it in English .

Though next time I will try to write it in Urdu .

By the way thanks for the comments .

شہلا خان

Lol I like your comments . To be honest I don't have the software to right it with Urdu . Also I find it easy to write it in English .

Though next time I will try to write it in Urdu .

By the way thanks for the comments .

گوگل پر سرچ کریں بہت مل جانے ہیں
فری والے تو کافی زیادہ ہیں

Zamaray Khan

To people who are saying that younis is nothing infront of miandad I have high respect for miandad. But keeping younis's record off late. He has scored runs where it mattered the most. I still remember younis scoring runs against the liked of philander morkel and steyn in sa. Also the fact that younis has most centuries in the fourth innings (chasing) speaks volumes.
Rest every one has there own opinion but younis wud b the best bat produced inshAllah for some time

Thanks for the comments Sufian.

No doubt Younus is one the great batsman produced by Pakistan .

You made very good points . Your points make a lot of sense .

By the way I'm proud of one thing that once in Ist class match ,I got Younus out .

I didn't know at that time that he is going to be the most successful batsman of Pakistan .

Modest

Pak test team is very good & one of the best in the world but our one day team is very weak & unpredictable. We need to change the mind set of our one day & t20 players & work on their technique.

Btw Imran & Miandad are my heroes & my all time favourite players. Javed Miandad was " Marde Buhran" & he won many tournaments for Pak with his great batting display, his ability to carry the team & his sharp mindness.

Misbah & younus have been very good for Pak in test cricket but they can't be compared with the greats like Imran Khan & Javed Miandad.

Last edited:

Zamaray Khan

Pak test team is very good & one of the best in the world but our one day team is very weak & unpredictable. We need to change the mind set of our one day & t20 players & work on their technique.

Btw Imran & Miandad are my heroes & my all time favourite players. Javed Muanda was " Marde Buhran" & he won many tournaments for Pak with his great batting display, his ability to carry the team & his sharp mindness.

Misbah & younus have been very good for Pak in test cricket but they can't be compared with the greats like Imran Khan & Javed Miandad.

good analysis. Thanks for your comments.