Man breaks roza to save Hindu boy’s life

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
AR-180529672.jpg&MaxW=780&imageVersion=16by9&NCS_modified=20180524085200

HIGHLIGHTS

• Bhupendra Kumar’s son Punit suddenly experienced a drop in his haemoglobin level and required an immediate blood transfusion. Punit’s blood group is A+ve and none of his family members shared his blood type.
  • Alam got to know about Punit’s condition and gladly agreed to donate his blood even at the cost of breaking his fast.
A Muslim in Bihar chose humanity over religious customs, broke his Ramadan fast to donate blood to an eight-year-old Hindu thalassemic boy and saved his life.

Jawed Alam on Tuesday donated blood to Rajesh Kumar in Gopalganj district, a district health official said.

The boy was rushed to the emergency of Sadar hospital by his father. The patient complained of uneasiness and weakness, and required immediate blood transfusion.

There was no blood matching Rajesh's blood group available in the blood bank. They said it would take at least two-to-three days to arrange it.

The boy's condition deteriorated quickly. His father had travelled some 200 km from the Kuchaikote area and was fast losing hope as he waited in the corridors of the blood bank.

It was then that a hospital sweeper and cleaner, informed Anwar Hussain, a member of District Blood Donor Team (DBDT) about the child.

Hussain requested his friend Jawed Alam, an active member of DBDT to rush to Sadar hospital.

"When my friend Anwar requested me to donate blood to a seriously ill thalassemia patient, I politely informed him that I was observing Ramzan fast.

"But he convinced me to arrive and consulted doctors. At first even the doctors refused my offer as I was fasting," Jawed said.

"They agreed only after I took their advise, broke my fast and consumed fruit juice and some solids," the young Muslim man in his 30s said.

He said: "My religion teaches me to help a fellow human first, so I broke my fast and donated blood to save little Rajesh. Islam preaches that humanity is bigger than everything."

Thalassemia is a blood disorder and a thalassemic patient needs blood transfusion after every three-to-four weeks.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/india/man-breaks-ramadan-fast-to-save-hindu-boy--

Last edited by a moderator:

tashi_2233

Senator (1k+ posts)
[A Muslim in Bihar chose humanity over religious customs, broke his Ramadan fast to donate blood to an eight-year-old Hindu thalassemic boy and saved his life.] No Sir,he didn't choose humanity over religion.But our religion Islam teaches us exactly this.

Humi

آپ لوگوں کی نوازش ہوگی اگر کوئی مجھے حدیث بتا دے جس میں کہا گیا ہو ک خون کا عطیہ دینے سے روزہ ٹوٹ جاتا ہے

yes, I would appreciate that too please....

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
آپ لوگوں کی نوازش ہوگی اگر کوئی مجھے حدیث بتا دے جس میں کہا گیا ہو ک خون کا عطیہ دینے سے روزہ ٹوٹ جاتا ہے
اس دور میں انتقال خون کیا جاتا ہوتا تو حدیث موجود ہونے کا امکان ہوتا

Wadaich

اس دور میں انتقال خون کیا جاتا ہوتا تو حدیث موجود ہونے کا امکان ہوتا
تو پھر اجتہاد کیا کہتا ہے علماء حق کا؟ میرے خیال میں روزہ نہیں ٹوٹا

tashi_2233

Senator (1k+ posts)
نہیں میرے بھائی نہیں ٹوٹتا ،اگر حجامہ ھو سکتا ہے تو خون بھی دیا جا سکتا

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
تو پھر اجتہاد کیا کہتا ہے علماء حق کا؟ میرے خیال میں روزہ نہیں ٹوٹا
اجتہاد کے بارے میں آپ خود تحقیق کر سکتے ہیں

patriot

Minister (2k+ posts)
Mullah kay baaay huay islam per na jaaen. Khoon daynay say roza nahi toot ta.
روزہ چاہے نہ ٹوٹے پھر بھی خون دینے کے بعد پانی ضرور پینا چاہیئے ورنہ کمزوری مذید بڑھ سکتی ہے ۔

patriot

Minister (2k+ posts)
یقیناً ایسی کوئی حدیث مبارک نہیں ہو گی جس میں خون عطیہ کرنے کا ذکر ہو مگر ہو سکتا ہے کہ جسم سے زیادہ مقدار میں خون بہہ جانے کی صورت میں روزہ ٹوٹ جانے کے متعلق کوئی روایت مل جائے جو کہ قابل فہم بھی ہے ۔

tashi_2233

Senator (1k+ posts)
بخاری شریف حدیث ١٩٣٨ ابن عبّاس سے روایت کہ جسم میں چیز داخل کرنے سے روزہ ٹوٹتا ہے خارج کرنے سے نہیں سواۓ عورتوں کے میںسس کے

Humi

یہ ہی تو مقصد ہے روزے کا ۔ تقوٰی، خدا خوفی ۔ اندر کے انسان کا تذکیہ ۔ اچھائی کو نکھارنا بُرائی سے بچنا ۔

Allah doesnt need your prayers or fast... their purpose is to keep you away from bad things... but its not surprising that purpose is lost if we keep disagreeing over small details for over 1400 years

WatanDost

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

"They agreed only after I took their advise, broke my fast and consumed fruit juice and some solids," the young Muslim man in his 30s said.

patriot

Minister (2k+ posts)
Allah doesnt need your prayers or fast... their purpose is to keep you away from bad things... but its not surprising that purpose is lost if we keep disagreeing over small details for over 1400 years
Agree . In fact we do rituals for the sake of rituals but don’t seek to know the wisdom, the purpose behind. And nobody tells.

brohiniaz

ہم سے معلی بن اسد نے بیان کیا ، ان سے وہیب نے ، وہ ایوب سے ، وہ عکرمہ سے ، وہ حضرت ابن عباس رضی اللہ عنہما سے روایت کرتے ہیں کہ نبی اکرم صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے احرام میں اوروزے کی حالت میں پچھنا لگوایا ۔
حَدَّثَنَا مُعَلَّى بْنُ أَسَدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا وُهَيْبٌ، عَنْ أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ عِكْرِمَةَ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم احْتَجَمَ، وَهْوَ مُحْرِمٌ وَاحْتَجَمَ وَهْوَ صَائِمٌ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 1938In-book reference : Book 30, Hadith 45USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 3, Book 31, Hadith 159

brohiniaz

Praise be to Allaah.
That does not affect the fast because it is a little and does not make the fasting person weak.
Shaykh Ibn Baaz was asked about the ruling on a person who has blood taken when he is fasting in Ramadaan for the purpose of testing.

He replied:

A test of this nature does not affect the fast, rather it is excused, because it is something needed, and it is not like the things that are known to break the fast according to sharee’ah.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 15/274.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa Arkaan al-Islam, p. 478, about the ruling on a fasting person having a blood test, and whether that breaks the fast.

He replied:

The fasting person does not break the fast by having blood taken for a test. If the doctor needs to take blood from the patient to test it, this does not break the fast, because it is a small amount of blood and it does not affect the body in the way that cupping does. The basic principle is that the fast remains valid and cannot be spoiled except by things for which there is shar’i evidence that they affect the fast. In this case there is no evidence that the fasting person breaks his fast because of this small amount of blood. With regard to taking a large amount of blood from a fasting person in order to donate it to a person who needs it, for example, then if a large amount of blood is taken which has the same effect on the body as cupping, this does break the fast. Based on this, if the fast is obligatory then it is not permissible for anyone to donate a large amount of blood to anyone, unless the person who is to receive that blood is in dire need and cannot wait until after the sun sets, and the doctors have decided that the blood of this fasting person will benefit him and will meet his immediate need for it. In this case there is nothing wrong with donating blood, and he may break his fast and eat and drink in order to regain his strength, and he should make up this day when he broke his fast.

https://islamqa.info/en/50406