Magnificent performance of Australia in the Olympics

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
australia-gold.png

Australia finished at number 6th on the medal tally. For a country with just over 25 million people, Australia won a gold medal for every 1,499,993 individuals and a medal for every 554,345 people.

Australia finished the Tokyo Games with a total of 46 medals - 17 gold, 7 silver, and 22 bronze - to finish sixth on the tally behind the USA, China, Japan, Great Britain, and the Russian Olympic Committee.

Australia's population is just 25 million,

One can say "but Australia is a rich nation and they have more sports facilities for them so no comparison with India or Pakistan". True I am not comparing Australia with India or the third world. I am comparing Australia with Germany, France, and Canada. These counties are richer than Australia and a lot bigger in population than Australia but they finished behind Australia. Actually, these countries are always behind Australia in every Olympics. When it comes to sports, Australia is one of the best.
All of the Australians are jubilant about Australia's performance.

Last edited:

IMIKasbati

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am not comparing Australia with India or the third world. I am comparing Australia with Germany, France, and Canada. These counties are richer than Australia and a lot bigger in population than Australia but they finished behind Australia. Actually, these countries are always behind Australia in every Olympics. When it comes to sports, Australia is one of the best.
All of the Australians are jubilant about Australia's performance.
Hahahaha.

So putting it differently it means that Australia having such a vast land and resources with small population is still poorer than Germany, France and Canada because they focus more on sports than economy.

My friend it is matter of preferences and exploiting your strengths. So let's not try to compare just on the basis of Olympics performances.

A much more important yardstick for me is that how good are the human beings of a nation. I think New Zealand is much better country and nation compared to racist Australians. And for that I dont need to even see their Olympics performance.

I am just trying to give you a perspective. We are just giving too much importance to the Olympics.

Last edited:

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sports and fitness is in the blood of Australians. My son who works there says when it is lunch break time we Pakistanis and Indians go to restaurants to eat while the Australians use this time to go to a near by gym and exercise. They have their sandwich while working, later. This is the importance they give to fitness. In the evenings all from children to Octogenarians are seen jogging in the parks. The number of sports schools and clubs are abundant in proportion to their population. How can we compete with them in sports, I wonder?

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Sports and fitness is in the blood of Australians. My son who works there says when it is lunch break time we Pakistanis and Indians go to restaurants to eat while the Australians use this time to go to a near by gym and exercise. They have their sandwich while working, later. This is the importance they give to fitness. In the evenings all from children to Octogenarians are seen jogging in the parks. The number of sports schools and clubs are abundant in proportion to their population. How can we compete with them in sports, I wonder?

Also, ask your son what time Aussies have dinner. You will be surprised that most of the Australians have dinner around 6:00 pm.

Aussies take fitness very seriously.

Currently, Australia stands at number 8 in life expectancy, again, ahead of most of the modern and rich countries of the world. Life expectancy in Australia is 83.94. Life expectancy in Pakistan is 67.11

life.png