Magic of PM Imran Khan’s Pakistan Citizens Portal - Read this amazing story!

paittibahi

Minister (2k+ posts)
This is great news if true.
Congrats to IK and PTI.

However, this is not a scalable model. Soon whole country will start complaining and the service will deteriorate. Its too soon to expect PTI government to fix these issues, but I hope we see improvement in coming days.
They have been running this peogram in KPK for past 5 years. Now it started on National level. I heard that they are ready to handle all kind of traffic without any hitch. Make this habit to observe your surroundings and use this beautiful portal.
I suggeat that use is for filing complaint and make suggestion. However please praise them too and let them know that they are doing a wonderful job solving common citizens issue and problem.

Eyeaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This is great news if true.
Congrats to IK and PTI.

However, this is not a scalable model. Soon whole country will start complaining and the service will deteriorate. Its too soon to expect PTI government to fix these issues, but I hope we see improvement in coming days.
What do you mean by scaleable? It is scaleable. It is technology - to automatically redirects data for the appropriate action at the exact location. It can be made further scaleable to any level but the key is regular analyses and learning from data after reasonable intervals. Especially, at the lower level, analysis can be used to evolve the mechanism to resolve issues according to the local setup.

Eyeaan

میں نے کچھ تجاویز بھیجی تھیں مگر معلوم نہیں ان کو دیکھا بھی گیا ہے کہ نہیں اور ویسے یہ کہتے تھے کہ آپ تجاویز بھیج سکتے ہیں مگر ادھر تو صرف ایک ہی آپشن ہے شکایات ۔ اگر آپ تجاویز پر کلک بھی کریں تو وہ ہمیشہ شکایات کے کالم میں ہی چلا جاتا ہے معلوم نہیں کیا ڈرامہ رچایا ہوا ہے ۔۔ میں یقین سے کہتا ہوں اگر مجھے تھینک ٹینک کی ذمہ داری دیں تو میں ان کو بتاتا ہوں لوگوں کو کیسے خوش کیا جاتا ہے اور ان خدمات کے بدلے گوریمنٹ سے ایک پیسہ بھی نہیں لوں گا ۔۔ پتہ نہیں کیسے کیسے درباری خان صاحب نے اپنے گرد بیٹھاے ہوے ہیں ۔۔ نعیم الحق جیسے جو صرف خان کے ساتھ لمبے عرصے سے ہے اور ویسے ہم بھی تو خان کے ساتھ بہت ہی لمبے عرصے سے لگے ہوے ہیں بلا کسی لالچ کے ۔۔ دیکھو کیا ہوتا ہے
Unfortunately this model is not appropriate (or workable) for suggestions.
Suggestions fall into categorizes and many time touch upon multiple categories. Individual suggestions and solution focus on one aspect of the issue.

IMO, an appropriate model may be to setup think tanks at university/academic level to receive suggestions that can interact with the initiator and prepare exact summary of the suggestions (after online discussion) for policy makers. Afterwards, the cell for suggestions can forward the suggested solutions for further action and discussion.
The technical problem is who to consult in the government and where to direct the suggestions for effective discussion and policy making.
Better if PTI as a political party, in stead of government, takes up this job and devise a non-partisan mechanism for proper response and accountability for suggestion.
A good response/accountability might be that the technical summaries are published online for further discussions and modifications. So that a suggestion become a part of public/political discourse.. Besides the model has to make assure that the summaries of suggestions reach to the minister and law-makers in a booklet.

PappuChikna

What do you mean by scaleable? It is scaleable. It is technology - to automatically redirects data for the appropriate action at the exact location. It can be made further scaleable to any level but the key is regular analyses and learning from data after reasonable intervals. Especially, at the lower level, analysis can be used to evolve the mechanism to resolve issues according to the local setup.
Janab, by scalable I meant in terms of government's capability to respond to the complaints.
I am not commenting on the technology.