LOOK !! WHAT THEY DID TO US

The_Choice

Senator (1k+ posts)

We live in a world where we trust what we are told blindly and without thought. We come into the delusion of the system we live in easily resulting in the loss of a much-needed critical thought process based on practicality and Faith. The majority of people today fall into this web of fallacy simply because we cannot be bothered to dig deeper to reveal hidden agendas and uncover the truth. Many times these facts could just be a short Google search away, but we prefer to just eat what we are fed without looking at the ingredients.

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Faith = Blindly believing without thought.

Science = Believing based on Evidence and Facts

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
Who gave you that definition of faith?
And from where did you get that definition of science?
What a joke. It seems you are still stuck in class 2. I bet you don't even know that science technically doesn't prove anything; it just disproves a hypothesis !!

I want to laugh so hard on your stupidity. What a moron. Little knowledge is a dangerous and stupid thing. First try to acquire some knowledge and then come and teach us difference between faith and science.

Faith = Blindly believing without thought.

Science = Believing based on Evidence and Facts

Vitamin_C

Your sitting at your computer which is a product of science trying to discredit science. Like it or nor, science works.

faith
NOUN
[mass noun]

Strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/faith

Who gave you that definition of faith?
And from where did you get that definition of science?
What a joke. It seems you are still stuck in class 2. I bet you don't even know that science technically doesn't prove anything; it just disproves a hypothesis !!

I want to laugh so hard on your stupidity. What a moron. Little knowledge is a dangerous and stupid thing. First try to acquire some knowledge and then come and teach us difference between faith and science.

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
This is what your problem is.. who is discrediting science? You assume that those who have faith automatically discredit science.
Science tells you what
Faith tells you why
Two entirely separate disciplines for entirely different purposes.

Why did you choose a specific definition of faith from so many to prove your point?
You clearly do not have proper understanding of what science really is a that is why you are saying completely stupid things.
Science doesn't prove anything. It disproves a hypothesis only. Please try to understand this point.

Go read this.. http://theconversation.com/forget-what-youve-read-science-cant-prove-a-thing-578

Your sitting at your computer which is a product of science trying to discredit science. Like it or nor, science works.

faith
NOUN
[mass noun]

Strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/faith

Vitamin_C

Faith does not tell why to rational people only to superstitious people because faith by definiton means believing something without any evidence.

For rational people the why is scientific theory and scientific knowledge. For example it is an observed fact that all the galaxys are moving away from each other and by calculating where they are coming from they all come from a single point. The big bang theory explains this why and how it happened. All knowledge humans have like making clothes, houses, medicine and answering questions about the universe comes from science not from holy books. Holy books are idle tales written by desert dwellers who fooled people to have access to wealth power and women.

This is what your problem is.. who is discrediting science? You assume that those who have faith automatically discredit science.
Science tells you what
Faith tells you why
Two entirely separate disciplines for entirely different purposes.

Why did you choose a specific definition of faith from so many to prove your point?
You clearly do not have proper understanding of what science really is a that is why you are saying completely stupid things.
Science doesn't prove anything. It disproves a hypothesis only. Please try to understand this point.

Go read this.. http://theconversation.com/forget-what-youve-read-science-cant-prove-a-thing-578

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
Did you even read the article I sent you written by a scientist explaining to people like you that science doesn't prove anything and has no proofs etc.?
I keep telling you that your understanding of how science works is at class 2 level. Science doesn't work the way you think it works. Please educate yourself first.

And you are also wrong about how faith works.
You define faith as belief in something without evidence and then even give URL to Oxford dictionary to prove your point. Where is written there that faith is believing WITHOUT EVIDENCE? What is mentioned there is that it is without PROOF , not evidence.
If you agree that faith is believing something without proof, then go visit the URL I gave you and you will read there that science is also believing in something without proof because science has no proof.
There is a difference between evidence and proof.
I repeat and hope you understand this point. Science has no proof for anything and doesn't prove anything; only disproves hypothesis. And that all scientific facts can potentially be disproven. Please I beg you to understand this point before making any further posts. Read the URL I have you.

You are even using the WHY wrongly and confusing HOW with WHY.
You really really need to educate yourself with all due respect.

Faith does not tell why to rational people only to superstitious people because faith by definiton means believing something without any evidence.

For rational people the why is scientific theory and scientific knowledge. For example it is an observed fact that all the galaxys are moving away from each other and by calculating where they are coming from they all come from a single point. The big bang theory explains this why and how it happened. All knowledge humans have like making clothes, houses, medicine and answering questions about the universe comes from science not from holy books. Holy books are idle tales written by desert dwellers who fooled people to have access to wealth power and women.

Vitamin_C

I don't define faith as anything, its not my definition but definition of professional linguists that is generally accepted all over the world. Religious thinkers have tried for centuries to make a logical argument in favor of religion but they failed and finally accepted that there is no proof or evidence of God, therefore there is a need for faith to believe in God. Faith basically means believing something without evidence (I already linked oxford dictionary definition). Most people follow a particular religion because they were born in a family that believes in the same religion. The reason why Pakistanis are Muslims and Portugese are Christians is the same reason why most Punjabis supported PMLN and Sindhis supported PPP (Its not based on logic but feelings, emotions, family/peer pressure and even superstition).

Also Proof and Evidence are synonyms, you can use them interchangably. I am not saying this, it comes from linguists and is generally accepted all over the world.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/thesaurus/proof

So far you have demonstrated that you do not know the definition of faith. That you do not know that Evidence and Proof are synonyms. As for you telling me what science is, I do not want to get into to much detail in one comment, but it seems like you have no idea what you are talking about.

There is no generally accepted scientific method, some people come up with a hypothesis and try to prove it, some people try to disprove their hypothesis and formulate a new hypothesis from the results (The falsification method). Others like Sir Isaac Newton did not even need a hypothesis. But the end result is the same, the purpose is to answer questions about the universe, unlock mysteries, make new discoveries and improve the lives of human beings. From the last few hundred years we can see that science has done a spectacular job at all of them.

Did you even read the article I sent you written by a scientist explaining to people like you that science doesn't prove anything and has no proofs etc.?
I keep telling you that your understanding of how science works is at class 2 level. Science doesn't work the way you think it works. Please educate yourself first.

And you are also wrong about how faith works.
You define faith as belief in something without evidence and then even give URL to Oxford dictionary to prove your point. Where is written there that faith is believing WITHOUT EVIDENCE? What is mentioned there is that it is without PROOF , not evidence.
If you agree that faith is believing something without proof, then go visit the URL I gave you and you will read there that science is also believing in something without proof because science has no proof.
There is a difference between evidence and proof.
I repeat and hope you understand this point. Science has no proof for anything and doesn't prove anything; only disproves hypothesis. And that all scientific facts can potentially be disproven. Please I beg you to understand this point before making any further posts. Read the URL I have you.

You are even using the WHY wrongly and confusing HOW with WHY.
You really really need to educate yourself with all due respect.

halwapuri

Councller (250+ posts)
Enjoy yourself in your delusion. How many of your errors and biases should I correct after all?

I don't define faith as anything, its not my definition but definition of professional linguists that is generally accepted all over the world. Religious thinkers have tried for centuries to make a logical argument in favor of religion but they failed and finally accepted that there is no proof or evidence of God, therefore there is a need for faith to believe in God. Faith basically means believing something without evidence (I already linked oxford dictionary definition). Most people follow a particular religion because they were born in a family that believes in the same religion. The reason why Pakistanis are Muslims and Portugese are Christians is the same reason why most Punjabis supported PMLN and Sindhis supported PPP (Its not based on logic but feelings, emotions, family/peer pressure and even superstition).

Also Proof and Evidence are synonyms, you can use them interchangably. I am not saying this, it comes from linguists and is generally accepted all over the world.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/thesaurus/proof

So far you have demonstrated that you do not know the definition of faith. That you do not know that Evidence and Proof are synonyms. As for you telling me what science is, I do not want to get into to much detail in one comment, but it seems like you have no idea what you are talking about.

There is no generally accepted scientific method, some people come up with a hypothesis and try to prove it, some people try to disprove their hypothesis and formulate a new hypothesis from the results (The falsification method). Others like Sir Isaac Newton did not even need a hypothesis. But the end result is the same, the purpose is to answer questions about the universe, unlock mysteries, make new discoveries and improve the lives of human beings. From the last few hundred years we can see that science has done a spectacular job at all of them.