Letter from a Birmingham Jail

Alisajid1985

Councller (250+ posts)
I would agree with St. Augustine that “an unjust law is no law at all.” Now, what is the difference between the two? How does one determine whether a law is just or unjust? A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. To put it in the terms of St. Thomas Aquinas: An unjust law is a human law that is not rooted in eternal law and natural law. Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust. All segregation statutes are unjust because segregation distorts the soul and damages the personality.

Martin Luther King, Jr, 1963

Steyn

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
A short clip to show you guys what could happen to Pakistan if we let Nawaz khandan and zardari clan to run this country a little more.

Didn't they run the country for half a century though and Pakistan was still far better than it is today?

Xiggs

Didn't they run the country for half a century though and Pakistan was still far better than it is today?
Everything was peachy dandy till august 2018 then all of sudden it got putrid....or perhaps some people either had rose-colored glasses or blinders on, that vanished a year and a half ago.

Steyn

Everything was peachy dandy till august 2018 then all of sudden it got putrid....or perhaps some people either had rose-colored glasses or blinders on, that vanished a year and a half ago.

It definitely was a lot better than it is today.

I remember buying petrol at 68 rupees and dollar being at 108rs

Xiggs

It definitely was a lot better than it is today.

I remember buying petrol at 68 rupees and dollar being at 108rs
Then you will definitely remember the debt burden added under that regime...the debt that was squandered away at useless subsidies and corruption.