Let's do a roza of sugar during Ramzan

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
Alhumdulilah Ramzan is coming closer. It is easier to control our urges in Ramzan. If the whole nation or just people in big cities like karachi and Lahore decide that we will not eat sugar during Ramzan it will create an impact on the sugar mafia. Sugar is not a necessity. The body need for sweet can be replaced with fruits, dates and other substitute. My family do not eat sugar for weeks and we see a lot of health benefits. It is so sad that our nation is being penalized by a mafia for something that is not even a basic necessity rather it is harmful to humans. If we stop buying sugar for a month it will be like fight of the nation against mafia. They sell sugar at higher price because they know there are buyers who will pay for it.

Munawarkhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Alhumdulilah Ramzan is coming closer. It is easier to control our urges in Ramzan. If the whole nation or just people in big cities like karachi and Lahore decide that we will not eat sugar during Ramzan it will create an impact on the sugar mafia. Sugar is not a necessity. The body need for sweet can be replaced with fruits, dates and other substitute. My family do not eat sugar for weeks and we see a lot of health benefits. It is so sad that our nation is being penalized by a mafia for something that is not even a basic necessity rather it is harmful to humans. If we stop buying sugar for a month it will be like fight of the nation against mafia. They sell sugar at higher price because they know there are buyers who will pay for it.

I'm with you.
already started no sugar, avoiding even bread, biscuits or anything containing sugar.

kakamuna420

Sugar is not good for health.
Quran reminds us to use dates, grapes, honey, and not sugar.
All these products contain antioxidants and are anti-cancerous and anti covid.

sumisrar

Senator (1k+ posts)
یوکے کی حکومت نے شوگر ٹیکس لگایا تھا - جس سے شوگر کے استمال پر کافی اچھا اثر پڑا

میرے خیال میں حکومت پاکستان کو شوگر مافیا سے بھی لڑنا چاہیے
لیکن ساتھ ساتھ اس طرح کے اقدامات کر کے

شوگر مافیا کے پر کاٹنے چاہییں

Sugar tax UK

Products that contain more than 8 g sugar per 100 ml are now taxed at 24 pence per litre and products that contain 5–8 g/100 ml are taxed at 18 pence per litre. Products with less than 5 g sugar per 100 ml are not subject to the tax

Reductions in sugar sales from soft drinks in the UK from 2015 to 2018​

Between 2015 and 2018, the volume of sugars sold per capita per day from soft drinks declined by 30%, equivalent to a reduction of 4.6 g per capita per day. The sales-weighted mean sugar content of soft drinks fell from 4.4 g/100 ml in 2015 to 2.9 g/100 ml in 2018. The total volume sales of soft drinks that are subject to the SDIL (i.e. contain more than 5 g/100 ml of sugar) fell by 50%, while volume sales of low- and zero-sugar (< 5 g/100 ml) drinks rose by 40%.

Source:

surfer

Not just ramzan, should be doing this all the time. Best thing I did after quitting smoking is cutting down on sugar. I only have dessert once a week (and on eids/birthdays) and have replaced sugary treats with fruit.

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dukh ki bat hai, mafia is challenging the state and state is not able to do anything.

What's the difference between mafia and terrorists.

Soon k mar jana chahiya bureaucracy ko. This is state acts. Shame

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
In 1950s confectionery industry of US intentionally stigmatised cholesterol and fat worldwide so as to get away with white poison called sugar ..... since it’s addictive.....
There is not even a single benefit of sugar ...... just as poison ......
I hope sugar rises to 1000 Rs a kg so that whatever is made of it becomes extremely expensive.......
Very well said Threadstarter.......
Kudos to you for preaching what our useless anchors should have done .....

newday

Councller (250+ posts)
very good idea, I stopped taking sugar in chai and so use to it that now cannot take a sip of chai with sugar. My weight is maintained since last 10 years.
There are so many harmful effects of refined sugar. We get enough sugar from fruits
Gurr is better substitue if fruits are out of reach.