Lahore: Biker loses life after getting hit by a sports car: Watch CCTV Footage

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Surprised most are blaming the car. The underage without license bit of information is unverified so its total junk.

Now in any country with proper traffic law enforcement. Speeding at 100 in a 60 zone is less of an offense than 1st doing a wrong U turn 2nd breaking a traffic barrier.

A couple of years back a friend of my knocked down a woman here crossing the road who wasn't looking at the traffic and jumped right in front of him. She ended up with two broken legs and a long stint at the hospital.

Traffic court cleared my friend because the woman was jaywalking and wasn't using a pedestrian crossing. No points on his license and no fines either.

And in this case its clearly the fault of the motorcycle rider. 1st wrong U Turn, 2nd breaking traffic barrier 3rd not checking before crossing to see if road is clear of traffic and 4th no helmet even which you never know might have saved his life!

Car driver only violation is speeding, although we have information what the speed limit on that road is.

agreed 100%.
We as people are emotional and we always let our emotions influence the decisions/conclusion/views.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Who is at Fault. BLACK MONEY and NEGLEGENCE. Let me explain. Who in the right mind buys a high powered Sports car for an underage person and lets them drive it. A person who has no regard for the laws of Country, Such person thinks that cause he has money thus he is above the LAW. The person who got killed was not wearing the Helmet when it is mandatory. He decided to take a turn when it was clearly marked as no U-TURN. He got killed because he also thought He was Above the Law. Now the debate will begin who is responsible. Well the Parents of the Driver of the Car and the Parents of the victim both are responsible. We need to learn NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW, A RICH PERSON as well as the POOR PERSON, NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW. FOLLOW THE TRAFFIC LAWS and BE SAFE.

This has got nothing to do with money or being rich.
First of all this is not confirmed whether the driver was underage.
secondly even if it was, thats got nothing to do with social class, the elites are handing car keys to their kids, the middle class and the labour class is handing bike keys. I have personally seen a kid around 11- 12 years old riding bike in congested main road of Saddar Karachi and in front of a traffic police officer and he didnt even react to it. you can also see such things in viral videos such as the one that got viral 2 months ago as "talented Pakistani" riding a bike with one hand and transporting another bike with the other (also passed in front of a traffic police officer).

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
In pakistan if u have money, u can drive on the footpath, in the parks or where ever you like.
And speed is not an issue... I have stopped driving in pakistan, infact I dont even sit on the front seat to avoid depression.
surely you must have seen bikers and rikshaws going on foothpaths and wrong way also during high traffics.. this has got nothing to do with money.

P@triot

Senator (1k+ posts)
My two cents...Both of them are responsible. Motorcyclist for his usual negligence and car driver for his reckless driving. As for the car, I feel his parents are responsible for this mess. I live in bahria town and although bahria administration is doing everything in their power by putting banners appealing the parents not to let their underage kids drive or ride a bike, sending the warning in monthly offcial statements and stopping the kids when they spot them but it always fell to deaf ears. I have seen parents arguing and threatening security guards when they catch their kids red handed. These parents never realise the danger until an accident happens. Now an accident happens and someone has lost his life.
On the other hand, we as a nation feel proud to break the law especially the traffic rules (this is my opinion, you don't need to agree with it) and therefore we enjoy short cuts, wrong turns, driving in the wrong lane/direction whatever we feel comfortable with without caring about safety of ourselves or others.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
My two cents...Both of them are responsible. Motorcyclist for his usual negligence and car driver for his reckless driving. As for the car, I feel his parents are responsible for this mess. I live in bahria town and although bahria administration is doing everything in their power by putting banners appealing the parents not to let their underage kids drive or ride a bike, sending the warning in monthly offcial statements and stopping the kids when they spot them but it always fell to deaf ears. I have seen parents arguing and threatening security guards when they catch their kids red handed. These parents never realise the danger until an accident happens. Now an accident happens and someone has lost his life.
On the other hand, we as a nation feel proud to break the law especially the traffic rules (this is my opinion, you don't need to agree with it) and therefore we enjoy short cuts, wrong turns, driving in the wrong lane/direction whatever we feel comfortable with without caring about safety of ourselves or others.
you cant just try to change the ellite enclave and expect result. The complete society has to wakeup and implement the change. Do you think middle class and lower middle class children do not ride bikes arounds the city ? and if they are caught do their parents not thrash the authorities who caught them ?? is hammam main mehmod or ayaz sab he nangay hain.

MSUMAIRZ

MPA (400+ posts)
Great you summed up well. Waisay apki condition Hasan Nisar sey alag nhi lgti apnay Mulak ko dekh ker Kurhtay rehu
I have moved to USA since 2003, because of my bad luck i have to visit this Circus time to time. Every time I come here I promise never to come back but I end up here. I cant help loving this COUNTRY. I follow the news from this CIRCUS TOWN regularly but whenever I come here I just want to go back. I have no sympathy for this Land of Pure but I cant stop loving it. My bad Luck.

MSUMAIRZ

MPA (400+ posts)
BOTH SIDES ARE RESPONSIBLE IF WE TALK ABOUT LAW THATS RIGHT.
BUT BIKER SHOULD HAVE TO BE MORE CAREFUL AS HE CROSSING MAIN ROAD
Are you familiar with the RIGHT OF WAY priority? According to TRAFFIC laws the RIGHT of Way belongs to Most at RISK..PEDESTRIANS, BICYCLE RIDERS, MOTORCYCLE/MOPED RIDERS, AUTOMOBILES, PUBLIC TRANSPORT. According to this Law the DRIVER is at fault.

kakamuna420

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It is the fault of the society here. Most of the driving licenses in Pakistan are fake. Affluent kids without a NIC get their license after bribing somebody.
Even in USA, many people with pakistani international licenses have been in silly accidents and losing their lives.
When I received my license in Europe, my instructor used to shout so loud on even simple things like failing to use blinker or crossing a side walk when somebody was even 20ft away from crossing it.

P@triot

Senator (1k+ posts)
you cant just try to change the ellite enclave and expect result. The complete society has to wakeup and implement the change. Do you think middle class and lower middle class children do not ride bikes arounds the city ? and if they are caught do their parents not thrash the authorities who caught them ?? is hammam main mehmod or ayaz sab he nangay hain.
Can't agree more. As I have mentioned that 'As a nation' so it includes everyone, rich, middle class and poor. It's everyone's responsibility to obey the law.

bhaibarood

Motorcycle wala andhey ki tarah wrong side se cross karta hua ghuss gaya!
car waley ke pass zero chance tha ke brake martaa

PS: Malik riaz ka apna londa khud aik sports car main banda maar chukka hai!
kia Bahria town ke sarakain racing track ban gayee hain ?

Islamabadiya

RIP .... Very unfortunate.... In Islamabad there is dangerous trend popping up of bikers breaking the signal.... Did see so many near misses and a couple of hits in last weeks.... Also on Margalla road such bikers come out suddenly.... drive safe stay safe everyone.....
Islamabad is not what it used to be anymore, it’s really hurtful how our beloved and beautiful city had been destroyed by the rule of inept corrupt and stupid rulers of the past including mushy,
Just a while ago went to margalla Hills for a drive, even at 12 in the night, road was so busy, Monal, which was awarded lease totally illegally, has destroyed the natural beauty of the area, pollution by cars and busses is causing rise in temperature

All natural streams have been converted Into sewer dumps, navy and airforce are dumping their solid sewer in nallahs,

Dozens of illegal and ill planned towns surrounding isloo have made it easy for many to live him isloo, pollute it and destroy its beauty

Dunkin Donut

Senator (1k+ posts)
the guy in yellow car is paid member of ISF. hence a worthless Yootia who was on his way to enjoy Naya Pakistan

Wake Up Pakistan

Are you familiar with the RIGHT OF WAY priority? According to TRAFFIC laws the RIGHT of Way belongs to Most at RISK..PEDESTRIANS, BICYCLE RIDERS, MOTORCYCLE/MOPED RIDERS, AUTOMOBILES, PUBLIC TRANSPORT. According to this Law the DRIVER is at fault.

RIGHT OF WAY DOEST APPLY HERE BRO. ITS MAIN ROAD WITH NO CROSSING SIGNS OR YELLOW SIGNS

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
so you mean to say , I can as a pedestrian just cross a busy main road at any point and the drivers should stop their vehicles for me ?? I dont know much about Lahore, but try that on GT Road with running traffic, and see what happens.