Kuwaiti woman politician calls for legalizing buying of concubines or sex slaves!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
[FLV][/FLV]Men should be allowed sex slaves and female prisoners could do the job - and all this from a WOMAN politician from Kuwait
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 4:38 PM on 7th June 2011

A Kuwaiti woman who once ran for parliament has called for sex slavery to be legalised - and suggested that non-Muslim prisoners from war-torn countries would make suitable concubines.

Salwa al Mutairi argued buying a sex-slave would protect decent, devout and 'virile' Kuwaiti men from adultery because buying an imported sex partner would be tantamount to marriage.

And she even had an idea of where to 'purchase' these sex-salves - browsing through female prisoners of war in other countries.

article-2000292-0C7428A300000578-335_468x532.jpg

Outrageous ideas: Salwa al-Mutairi's suggestions have provoked anger and disbelief

The political activist and TV host even suggested that it would be a better life for women in warring countries as the might die of starvation.

Mutairi claimed: 'There was no shame in it and it is not haram' (forbidden) under Islamic Sharia law.'

She gave the example of Haroun al-Rashid, an 8th century Muslim leader who ruled over an area covered by modern-day Iran, Iraq and Syria and was rumoured to have 2,000 concubines.

Mutairi recommended that offices could be opened to run the sex trade in the same way that recruitment agencies provide housemaids.

She suggested shopping for prisoners of war so as to protect Kuwaiti men from being tempted to commit adultery or being seduced by other women's beauty.

'For example, in the Chechnyan war, surely there are female Russian captives,' she said.

'So go and buy those and sell them here in Kuwait. Better than to have our men engage in forbidden sexual relations.'

Her unbelievable argument for her plan was that ‘captives’ might 'just die of hunger over there'.

She insisted, 'I don’t see any problem in this, no problem at all'.
In an attempt to consider the woman's feelings in the arrangement, Mutari conceded that the enslaved women, however, should be at least 15.

Mutairi said free women must be married with a contract but with concubines 'the man just buys her and that’s it. That’s enough to serve as marriage.'

Her remarks, made in a video posted on YouTube last month and carried by newspapers in the Gulf states in recent days, have sparked outrage in cyber-space from fellow Kuwaitis and others in the wider region.

'Wonder how Salwa al Mutairi would’ve felt if during the occupation (of Kuwait) by Iraqi forces, she was sold as ‘war booty’ as she advocates for Chechen women,' tweeted Mona Eltahawy.

Another tweeter, Shireen Qudosi, told Mutairi 'you’re a disgrace to women everywhere'.

For Muna Khan, an editor at the Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television station, the 'icing on the cake' of Mutairi’s 'preposterous views' was her assertion that her suggestions do not conflict with the tenets of Islam.

Mutairi said that during a recent visit to Mecca, she asked Saudi muftis – Muslim religious scholars – what the Islamic ruling was on owning sex slaves.
They are said to have told her that it is not haram.

The ruling was confirmed by 'specialized people of the faith' in Kuwait, she claimed.

'They said, that’s right, the only solution for a decent man who has the means, who is overpowered by desire and who does not want to commit fornication, is to acquire jawari.' Jawari is the plural of the Arabic term jariya, meaning 'concubine' or 'sex slave'.

One Saudi mufti supposedly told Mutairi: 'The context must be that of a Muslim nation conquering a non-Muslim nation, so these jawari have to be prisoners of war.'
Concubines, she argued, would suit Muslim men who fear being 'seduced or tempted into immoral behaviour by the beauty of their female servants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-prisoners-job--WOMAN-politician-Kuwait.html

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
The ruling was confirmed by 'specialized people of the faith' in Kuwait, she claimed.

Zalim .....

Would she like to sell herself or her daughter for sex slavery?

Islam talks about humanity ,love , respect , forgiveness .

WHy does she not clearly say that she wants prostitution legalized???????

Jab Zulm had sae guzar jaaea tou Allah ka Azab ata hae.

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
Zalim .....

Would she like to sell herself or her daughter for sex slavery?

Islam talks about humanity ,love , respect , forgiveness .

WHy does she not clearly say that she wants prostitution legalized???????

Jab Zulm had sae guzar jaaea tou Allah ka Azab ata hae.

cant u see phitkar on her ugly face ? what can you expect from such a lady i wish if she would have been a sex slave of iraqi soldiers in 1991/92 war

Slavery is allowed in islam ... go educate yourself first about your own religion

She or her daughter cannot be sold because they are free women

in fact all muslim countries should have it so that proper comparison can be made between islam and the west

'Wonder how Salwa al Mutairi would’ve felt if during the occupation (of Kuwait) by Iraqi forces, she was sold as ‘war booty’ as she advocates for Chechen women,' tweeted Mona Eltahawy.

Ms. Mona Eltahawy, wonder how you would've felt if you stole something and your hand was about to be chopped off ... islam is not about how you feel ... islam is islam ... take it or leave it ...

Last edited:

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
Slavery is allowed in islam ... go educate yourself first about your own religion

Please correct me if I am wrong but arent concubines only allowed to be taken in war against non muslims and cant be bought or sold?
Concubines can only be taken if they are held prisoner and if their own people refuse to accept them

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Ones who are educated in Islam tell us that initially the slavery was allowed as it was a part of the war tradition of the then times all over the world--in the then Roman and Persian empires. But the Prophet pbuh discouraged it to the limit that even repentance to the slightest sin was linked to freeing a slave. The main purpose was to steadily eliminate this evil. And it was later on eliminated.

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Don't forget the point that Kuwait is under American Control.Kuwait Parliament is not elected ,it is selected by Imperial powers to support the agenda of Imperial powers.Nothing good can be expected from these stooges.Their only duty is to safeguard the interests of Imperial powers against Islam.

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
Please correct me if I am wrong but arent concubines only allowed to be taken in war against non muslims and cant be bought or sold?
Concubines can only be taken if they are held prisoner and if their own people refuse to accept them

i don't know about the exact rules but the first 2 posters acted as if she has said something completely un-islamic and i responded to that

Ones who are educated in Islam tell us that initially the slavery was allowed as it was a part of the war tradition of the then times all over the world--in the then Roman and Persian empires. But the Prophet pbuh discouraged it to the limit that even repentance to the slightest sin was linked to freeing a slave. The main purpose was to steadily eliminate this evil. And it was later on eliminated.

Divorce is also discouraged in islam ... but it's not haraam or illegal ... same as slavery ... as far as i know slavery in muslim world persisted even until the beginning of 20th century ... it probably ended with or around the khilafa system ... so those who are khilafa fanboys there you go, you have another wonderful gift ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_slavery

hans

Banned
Translations of the meaning of the Quran - 24:32 an-Nur - The Light
Verse: 32

Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among yourselves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah will give them means out of His grace: for Allah encompasseth all, and he knoweth all things.

So its clear, what Kuwaiti lady is saying is totally Illegal and Haram. Nonfunctional referance to Harron ul Rasheed is also wrong.. as he was a Ditictor not a Mullah.

We as Muslim should not refer these disposable Muslim Kings with any thing to do with lslam. Though out the History, People ruling Islamic states have misused there power and position to gain evilness or suppress Allah SWT saying.

Last edited:

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)

in fact all muslim countries should have it so that proper comparison can be made between islam and the west

Ms. Mona Eltahawy, wonder how you would've felt if you stole something and your hand was about to be chopped off ... islam is not about how you feel ... islam is islam ... take it or leave it ...

SO what the ruddy hell you know abouyt Islam? Mr maulana?????

Tell me this , she just spit all like a banshee , not even thinking ,

DO U KNOW U R SUPPOSED TO FREE THE WAR PROSONER ONCE HE/SHE ACCEPTS ISLAM? Its a Sunah!

Seconbdly , State cannoty sell a prisoner or someone imprisoned due his/her illegal act.........

Holy Quran calls war war slaves as ""those under your right hand ""

Islam never actually tells one to trade. How many Muslim slave sellers were there ?

U can run a red light area if u want toi , just don't legalize it via Islam .....

patriot

Minister (2k+ posts)
Slavery is allowed in "Islam" manufactured by people who were slave traders them selves
and then wrote books on islamic tradition and sayings of the Prophet .
Quran does not allow slavery= Allah does not allow it= RasoolAllah does not allow slavery.

La ilaha illallah= No slavery of any kind,only Allah is your master.

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
SO what the ruddy hell you know abouyt Islam? Mr maulana?????

Tell me this , she just spit all like a banshee , not even thinking ,

DO U KNOW U R SUPPOSED TO FREE THE WAR PROSONER ONCE HE/SHE ACCEPTS ISLAM? Its a Sunah!

Seconbdly , State cannoty sell a prisoner or someone imprisoned due his/her illegal act.........

Holy Quran calls war war slaves as ""those under your right hand ""

Islam never actually tells one to trade. How many Muslim slave sellers were there ?

U can run a red light area if u want toi , just don't legalize it via Islam .....

sir jee i don't claim to know the details of how can slavery be carried out ... but i can tell you for sure slavery has been quite a norm in muslim world throughout the khilafa period (you can see the wikipedia link that i pasted in my previous post that has references from Quran and probably Hadees too) ... that is from Prophet's (SAW) time all the way to 1920s (less than a hundred years ago)

even your own Zakir Naik video supports what i'm saying ... slavery is okay in islam .... discouraged? yes ... prohibited? definitely no ...

if you don't like slavery doesn't mean you twist the laws of islam to support your conclusion ...

as far as i remember when i used to read about it, the imams, Abu Hanifa, Malik, Shafai etc etc have codified rules of slavery in their fiqh ... supported by both Quran and Hadith ... so this is not something to be ignored ...

regarding freeing a war prisoner is a sunnah ... IT'S A SUNNAH (even if that) ... NOT A FARZ ... OR EVEN WAJIB ... you get sawaab if you do it ... no gunah if you don't

Last edited:

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
May Allah save me to have such a lady as slave or lady like one of our out spoken minister. LOL mery Allah aisey buraai se mujh ko bachana. Aameen.

Truth-seeker

Councller (250+ posts)
[FLV][/FLV]Men should be allowed sex slaves and female prisoners could do the job - and all this from a WOMAN politician from Kuwait
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 4:38 PM on 7th June 2011

A Kuwaiti woman who once ran for parliament has called for sex slavery to be legalised - and suggested that non-Muslim prisoners from war-torn countries would make suitable concubines.

Salwa al Mutairi argued buying a sex-slave would protect decent, devout and 'virile' Kuwaiti men from adultery because buying an imported sex partner would be tantamount to marriage.

And she even had an idea of where to 'purchase' these sex-salves - browsing through female prisoners of war in other countries.

article-2000292-0C7428A300000578-335_468x532.jpg

Outrageous ideas: Salwa al-Mutairi's suggestions have provoked anger and disbelief

The political activist and TV host even suggested that it would be a better life for women in warring countries as the might die of starvation.

Mutairi claimed: 'There was no shame in it and it is not haram' (forbidden) under Islamic Sharia law.'

She gave the example of Haroun al-Rashid, an 8th century Muslim leader who ruled over an area covered by modern-day Iran, Iraq and Syria and was rumoured to have 2,000 concubines.

Mutairi recommended that offices could be opened to run the sex trade in the same way that recruitment agencies provide housemaids.

She suggested shopping for prisoners of war so as to protect Kuwaiti men from being tempted to commit adultery or being seduced by other women's beauty.

'For example, in the Chechnyan war, surely there are female Russian captives,' she said.

'So go and buy those and sell them here in Kuwait. Better than to have our men engage in forbidden sexual relations.'

Her unbelievable argument for her plan was that captives might 'just die of hunger over there'.

She insisted, 'I dont see any problem in this, no problem at all'.
In an attempt to consider the woman's feelings in the arrangement, Mutari conceded that the enslaved women, however, should be at least 15.

Mutairi said free women must be married with a contract but with concubines 'the man just buys her and thats it. Thats enough to serve as marriage.'

Her remarks, made in a video posted on YouTube last month and carried by newspapers in the Gulf states in recent days, have sparked outrage in cyber-space from fellow Kuwaitis and others in the wider region.

'Wonder how Salwa al Mutairi wouldve felt if during the occupation (of Kuwait) by Iraqi forces, she was sold as war booty as she advocates for Chechen women,' tweeted Mona Eltahawy.

Another tweeter, Shireen Qudosi, told Mutairi 'youre a disgrace to women everywhere'.

For Muna Khan, an editor at the Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television station, the 'icing on the cake' of Mutairis 'preposterous views' was her assertion that her suggestions do not conflict with the tenets of Islam.

Mutairi said that during a recent visit to Mecca, she asked Saudi muftis Muslim religious scholars what the Islamic ruling was on owning sex slaves.
They are said to have told her that it is not haram.

'They said, thats right, the only solution for a decent man who has the means, who is overpowered by desire and who does not want to commit fornication, is to acquire jawari.' Jawari is the plural of the Arabic term jariya, meaning 'concubine' or 'sex slave'.

One Saudi mufti supposedly told Mutairi: 'The context must be that of a Muslim nation conquering a non-Muslim nation, so these jawari have to be prisoners of war.'
Concubines, she argued, would suit Muslim men who fear being 'seduced or tempted into immoral behaviour by the beauty of their female servants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-prisoners-job--WOMAN-politician-Kuwait.html

Height of sickness (thumbsdown)

behzadji

Minister (2k+ posts)
concubines are never allowed in islam because they refer to having physical relation with another women without Nikah. Slavery is something different and slaves can be kept for any purpose and they could be both men and women. Urdu name for concubine is daashta not kaneez.

thedude

Councller (250+ posts)
concubines are never allowed in islam because they refer to having physical relation with another women without nikah. Slavery is something different and slaves can be kept for any purpose and they could be both men and women. Urdu name for concubine is daashta not kaneez.

sir jee you can ... "CAN" ... Can have sexual relations with your slave ... In ... Islam ... Yes this is true ... Go ask some expert ... NO NEED FOR NIKAH ... YES ...

murfi

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
she might have enjoyed the sex life while her country was under iraqi and now american occupation.

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
sir jee i don't claim to know the details of how can slavery be carried out ... but i can tell you for sure slavery has been quite a norm in muslim world throughout the khilafa period (you can see the wikipedia link that i pasted in my previous post that has references from Quran and probably Hadees too) ... that is from Prophet's (SAW) time all the way to 1920s (less than a hundred years ago)

even your own Zakir Naik video supports what i'm saying ... slavery is okay in islam .... discouraged? yes ... prohibited? definitely no ...

if you don't like slavery doesn't mean you twist the laws of islam to support your conclusion ...

as far as i remember when i used to read about it, the imams, Abu Hanifa, Malik, Shafai etc etc have codified rules of slavery in their fiqh ... supported by both Quran and Hadith ... so this is not something to be ignored ...

regarding freeing a war prisoner is a sunnah ... IT'S A SUNNAH (even if that) ... NOT A FARZ ... OR EVEN WAJIB ... you get sawaab if you do it ... no gunah if you don't

We r living in World , You blindly over saw what he said , SEX slaves can only be the War prisoners . NONE ELSE!
Secondly , WIKIPEDIA is not a credible Islamic source , wikipedia claims that THE assasins (hashashins) were muslims , where as Assasins called hasan sabah as their prophet.

During Khilafat , those who were caught and made slaves were non muslims , u cannot initiate war for sex slaves , will you?
Thirdly , EVERY MAN IS BORN FREE , In Hija tul Wida , prophet saw clearly mentioned this , all are equal , all are born free . U r saying that In Islam a servant and Malik are unequal? R u out of your mind?

U should not twist islam so as to legalize prostitution.....thats what she is doing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.