Kuwaiti woman politician calls for legalizing buying of concubines or sex slaves!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/M_hri/index.htm#The_Rights_of_the_Non_Combatants

By Maulana Maudidi :

The Position of Slavery in Islam:

The Prophet alone liberated as many as 63 slaves. The number of slaves freed by 'Aishah was 67, 'Abbas liberated 70, 'Abd Allah ibn 'Umar liberated one thousand, and 'Abd al-Rahman purchased thirty thousand and set them free. Similarly other Companions of the Prophet liberated a large number of slaves, the details of which are given in the Traditions and books of history of that period.Thus the problem of the slaves of Arabia was solved in a short period of thirty or forty years

After this the only form of slavery which was left in Islamic society was the prisoners of war, who were captured on the battlefield. These prisoners of war were retained by the Muslim Government until their government agreed to receive them back in exchange for Muslim soldiers captured by them, or arranged the payment of ransom on their behalf. If the soldiers they captured were not exchanged with Muslim prisoners of war, or their people did not pay their ransom money to purchase their liberty, then the Muslim Government used to distribute them among the soldiers of the army which had captured them. This was a more humane and proper way of disposing of them than retaining them like cattle in concentration camps and taking forced labour from them and, if their women folk were also captured, setting them aside for prostitution. In place of such a cruel and outrageous way of disposing of the prisoners of war, Islam preferred to spread them in the population and thus brought them in contact with individual human beings. Over and above, their guardians were ordered to treat them well. The result of this humane policy was that most of the men who were captured on foreign battlefields and brought to the Muslim countries as slaves embraced Islam and their descendants produced great scholars, imams, jurists, commentators, statesmen and generals of the army. So much so that later on they became the rulers of the Muslim world.

NOw u understand?

Last edited:

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
Quran no where prohibited slavery that is my understand and i think this is cause when all the non muslim world be taken over.. the war pensioner will b e taken as slaves until they accept Islam or they will be divided among Muslims just like MAAL A GHANIMAAT ... per koun see jung hum ney jeet lee hai slaves ki taqseem ka masla per gaya hai?? jab woh waqt aaya tou dekhi jayee ge.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
What else we could expect from these Arabs.

Research ? Making medicines ? freeing people out of disease and prisons.

They could talk about Slavery and sex only.

And some people are supporting them here and saying salvery is allowed in Islam... Sham on them . It is against the logic of Islam.In any religion and law.

Very sad.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Quran no where prohibited slavery that is my understand and i think this is cause when all the non muslim world be taken over.. the war pensioner will b e taken as slaves until they accept Islam or they will be divided among Muslims just like MAAL A GHANIMAAT ... per koun see jung hum ney jeet lee hai slaves ki taqseem ka masla per gaya hai?? jab woh waqt aaya tou dekhi jayee ge.

Be my guest, bring all your proofs from Quran, Please do not misquote the things.

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Slavery is allowed in islam ... go educate yourself first about your own religion

She or her daughter cannot be sold because they are free women

in fact all muslim countries should have it so that proper comparison can be made between islam and the west

Ms. Mona Eltahawy, wonder how you would've felt if you stole something and your hand was about to be chopped off ... islam is not about how you feel ... islam is islam ... take it or leave it ...

No you got it wrong...Slavery is allowed in SUnnism not nessesarily in Islam, there are many sects which forbid it...now YOU go and educate YOURSELF...this is not a sunnis only site.

sngilani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
These people who support such silly, outdated and obsolete ideas are not even human being leave apart being a muslim.

redaxe

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Purchase of female prisoners as sex slaves be legalized - Kuwaiti leader Salwa al Mutairi

salwa-640x480.jpg

Mutairi suggests that women in prisons and non-Muslim women should be used as sex slaves for men in Kuwait.

I write this for one reason and one reason only. To say sorry for the shameful statement by Kuwaiti leader Salwa al Mutairi, for her suggestion that the purchase of female prisoners as sex slaves be legalized.

Go and buy those and sell them here in Kuwait. Better than to have our men engage in forbidden sexual relations

Her words have not only put the entire Muslim world to shame and deplorable pits of hatred but has reinforced the wrong perception held by the rest of the world that we, the Muslims are nothing but barbarians.

This myopic, narrow minded and shallow thinking suggests that decent men in Kuwait should be allowed to buy sex slaves to protect themselves from adultery.

On sheer humanitarian grounds I ask:

Is this really the face of humanity projected by the Muslim world, more so a Muslim woman?

Does any woman, regardless of their race, culture, religion and gender really deserve such treatment?

The thing that infuriates me to no end is that the lady talks about how to subside mens urges by something so heinous in the name of avoiding another sin.

What she was thinking when she suggested this idea, is beyond me.

Did she forget to consider how she would feel if she were a woman who was sold in this way?

Did she stop to think even once about the mothers, daughters and sisters she walks around with, on a daily basis?

What really kills my soul is her feeble attempt at trying to justify her suggestions. How gallant of her to suggest that the women sold should be above 15-years-old. Mutari actually claimed the sold women will have a better life.

So yes, I am sorry on behalf of the entire Muslim world which thinks that the lady had officially lost her marbles for suggesting something like this.

I am sorry from every man, woman and child in the country who stands for peace and serenity the world over.

I dont blame the world for thinking ill of us when stories like this crop up.

I want the world to see us in a better light because I believe that people like Mutari do not represent Muslims. Maybe Im wrong, but maybe you arent right either.

Source: http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/6326/shame-on-us-muslims/

moazzamniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Purchase of female prisoners as sex slaves be legalized - Kuwaiti leader Salwa al Mutairi

Next joke plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faiza

Re: Purchase of female prisoners as sex slaves be legalized - Kuwaiti leader Salwa al Mutairi

لاحول ولا قوته إلا بالله

Abdul Allah

Minister (2k+ posts)

Isnt it the same source that some time ago talk about Stoning of a girl due to her participation in beauty contest? and latter it was proved false?

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)

And this mentally sick obsession with sex, slavery, and violence continues in parts of the Muslim Ummah....

niazi

MPA (400+ posts)
i don't know about the exact rules but the first 2 posters acted as if she has said something completely un-islamic and i responded to that

Divorce is also discouraged in islam ... but it's not haraam or illegal ... same as slavery ... as far as i know slavery in muslim world persisted even until the beginning of 20th century ... it probably ended with or around the khilafa system ... so those who are khilafa fanboys there you go, you have another wonderful gift ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_views_on_slavery
If you are not sure about what you are mentioning here then get the hell out of here,slavary was practiced till the starting of 19century in canada, America and europe but it was discouraged in Islam the first time to eliminate it 1400 years b4.Read the saying of our beloved prophet and it was his last wish b4 his departure from this world the last words were about slaves, be kind to your servents and read biography of our beloved prophet how he set free slaves and treated them like his own son ,granted them the status equal to his own tribe by marrying his servant to his own first cousin just to eliminate the class system.
Dont talk like a jahil by relating divorce with slavery.
Yes Islam is Islam enter in Islam compelety,take it or refuse it bcuz this is a law from our creator, not from some dame fool creator of communisim or secularism theories

niazi

MPA (400+ posts)
No you got it wrong...Slavery is allowed in SUnnism not nessesarily in Islam, there are many sects which forbid it...now YOU go and educate YOURSELF...this is not a sunnis only site.
IS your islam different from prophet Muhammad(peace be uponhim)Islam?slavery is discouraged by Islam .

niazi

MPA (400+ posts)
just shut up if u are blind and deaf to read and listen islamic point of view about slavery here.

niazi

MPA (400+ posts)
Be my guest, bring all your proofs from Quran, Please do not misquote the things.

Quran says the biggest nekki or rightous deed is to free slaves,and it orders to free slaves as kaffara of your sins,example free slave when a promise is not fulfilled,free slave when you break your fast due to any problem and if you dont have slaves then make fast etc

M Ali Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Slavery has no place in this world, and needs no justification to exist or be encouraged in any form today.

Such an evil imperialist practice is a curse on humanity regardless of what religion you belong to!

Desi_Action

Banned
Men should be allowed to have concubines: A female Kuwaiti leader

A Kuwaiti woman who once ran for parliament has called for sex slavery to be legalised - and suggested that non-Muslim prisoners from war-torn countries would make suitable concubines.Salwa al Mutairi argued buying a sex-slave would protect decent, devout and 'virile' Kuwaiti men from adultery because buying an imported sex partner would be tantamount to marriage.And she even had an idea of where to 'purchase' these sex-salves - browsing through female prisoners of war in other countries.
article-2000292-0C7428A300000578-335_468x532.jpg
Outrageous ideas: Salwa al-Mutairi's suggestions have provoked anger and disbelief

The political activist and TV host even suggested that it would be a better life for women in warring countries as the might die of starvation.Mutairi claimed: 'There was no shame in it and it is not haram' (forbidden) under Islamic Sharia law.'
More...

She gave the example of Haroun al-Rashid, an 8th century Muslim leader who ruled over an area covered by modern-day Iran, Iraq and Syria and was rumoured to have 2,000 concubines.Mutairi recommended that offices could be opened to run the sex trade in the same way that recruitment agencies provide housemaids.
article-2000292-0C74289A00000578-209_468x657.jpg
Example: Mutairi cited Haroun al-Rashid as a man who also had concubines

She suggested shopping for prisoners of war so as to protect Kuwaiti men from being tempted to commit adultery or being seduced by other women's beauty.'For example, in the Chechnyan war, surely there are female Russian captives,' she said.'So go and buy those and sell them here in Kuwait. Better than to have our men engage in forbidden sexual relations.' Her unbelievable argument for her plan was that ‘captives’ might 'just die of hunger over there'.She insisted, 'I don’t see any problem in this, no problem at all'.In an attempt to consider the woman's feelings in the arrangement, Mutari conceded that the enslaved women, however, should be at least 15.
article-2000292-005A913300000258-397_468x319.jpg
Browsing: Mutair says female war prisoners could be bought and kept as sex slaves

Mutairi said free women must be married with a contract but with concubines 'the man just buys her and that’s it. That’s enough to serve as marriage.' Her remarks, made in a video posted on YouTube last month and carried by newspapers in the Gulf states in recent days, have sparked outrage in cyber-space from fellow Kuwaitis and others in the wider region.'Wonder how Salwa al Mutairi would’ve felt if during the occupation (of Kuwait) by Iraqi forces, she was sold as ‘war booty’ as she advocates for Chechen women,' tweeted Mona Eltahawy.Another tweeter, Shireen Qudosi, told Mutairi 'you’re a disgrace to women everywhere'.For Muna Khan, an editor at the Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television station, the 'icing on the cake' of Mutairi’s 'preposterous views' was her assertion that her suggestions do not conflict with the tenets of Islam.
Shopping for sex: Mutairi said that during a recent visit to Mecca, pictured, Saudi muftis said it was not forbidden to own a sex slave

Mutairi said that during a recent visit to Mecca, she asked Saudi muftis – Muslim religious scholars – what the Islamic ruling was on owning sex slaves. They are said to have told her that it is not haram.The ruling was confirmed by 'specialized people of the faith' in Kuwait, she claimed.'They said, that’s right, the only solution for a decent man who has the means, who is overpowered by desire and who does not want to commit fornication, is to acquire jawari.' Jawari is the plural of the Arabic term jariya, meaning 'concubine' or 'sex slave'.One Saudi mufti supposedly told Mutairi: 'The context must be that of a Muslim nation conquering a non-Muslim nation, so these jawari have to be prisoners of war.' Concubines, she argued, would suit Muslim men who fear being 'seduced or tempted into immoral behaviour by the beauty of their female servants'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...b--WOMAN-politician-Kuwait.html#ixzz21QW4DcyC

Last edited by a moderator:

indigo

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Re: Men should be allowed to have concubines: A female Kuwaiti leader

Wah Wah Aap Kay Kya Kehnay!

Status
Not open for further replies.