KP CM Mehmood Khan orders a probe into why Peshawar BRT project got delayed

TheYouth2

MPA (400+ posts)
It is a disgrace that this project has taken so long, exceeded costs and has not been planned in the best way. However, PTI still won 2/3 majority which means that the people of KPK didn’t see this as a priority.

One thing that I always notice is that mega projects have such bad planning in Pakistan. I don’t know how they hire the designers/planners?! Islamabad airport is another example. How do these fruitcakes not fully close and seal the arrival lounge, my family was freezing while waiting/standing for hours in the lounge during the winter.

Government should come up with a strict criteria when hiring planning/design consultants!

Last edited:

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
#1: Exceeded cost? Do you have proof? I checked yesterday the cost is the same! Don't tell me you are falling for propaganda!

#2: Taken long? It's been only 15 months!!! Projects of this capacity are typcially executed in 24-30 months.

#3: Locals on the ground don't care about what you show on TV. They are on the ground and make decisions based on ground realities!

#4: I agree that we lack capability!! Hence unless we have a JV with some foreign company, local developers/contractors struggle!

It is a disgrace that this project has taken so long, exceeded costs and has not been planned in the best way. However, PTI still won 2/3 majority which means that the people of KPK didn’t see this as a priority.

One thing that I always notice is that mega projects have such bad planning in Pakistan. I don’t know how they hire the designers/planners?! Islamabad airport is another example. How do these fruitcakes not fully close and seal the arrival lounge, my family was freezing while waiting/standing for hours in the lounge during the winter.

Government should come up with a strict criteria when hiring planning/design consultants!

TheYouth2

MPA (400+ posts)
#1: Exceeded cost? Do you have proof? I checked yesterday the cost is the same! Don't tell me you are falling for propaganda!

#2: Taken long? It's been only 15 months!!! Projects of this capacity are typcially executed in 24-30 months.

#3: I agree that we lack capability!! Hence unless we a JV with some foreign company, local developers/contractors struggle!

1.) Yes, more than what they said. No, I am not falling for propaganda. Please share the government sources at the time project was started and what the total cost has been till now.

2.) Please look back at the promises made in jalsas/press conferences by various leaders within PTI of when it would get done. They should not make promises that cannot be fulfilled.

The project is great but it should also serve as a lesson for PTI. Although, I am a huge IK/PTI supporter, we need to critique our leader/party when necessary.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
OK. Remember for next time not to make any statement if you don't know something for sure!

1) Since you claimed that the cost has increased, responsibility was on you to share the government source! But anyway, there you go. Listen yourself 2 days ago: ??

2) The election promises don't mean shit! You look at the timelines issued in the PC-1. And in the PC1 it was 15months which was agreed by the ADB that is funding the project!

And Asian Development Bank has even today claimed that it is on Track. Though I feel it'll take 2-3 months more to be fully operational. But the change is from 15months to 18months, not 8 months to 18months!

We should definitely critique. But critique things grounded in REALITY! Not on Propaganda!!! And we should verify things before making a statement! ??

1.) Yes, more than what they said. No, I am not falling for propaganda. Please share the government sources at the time project was started and what the total cost has been till now.

2.) Please look back at the promises made in jalsas/press conferences by various leaders within PTI of when it would get done. They should not make promises that cannot be fulfilled.

The project is great but it should also serve as a lesson for PTI. Although, I am a huge IK/PTI supporter, we need to critique our leader/party when necessary.

TheYouth2

MPA (400+ posts)
OK. Remember for next time not to make any statement if you don't know something for sure!

1) Since you claimed that the cost has increased, responsibility was on you to share the government source! But anyway, there you go. Listen yourself 2 days ago: ??

2) The election promises don't mean shit! You look at the timelines issued in the PC-1. And in the PC1 it was 15months which was agreed by the ADB that is funding the project!

And Asian Development Bank has even today claimed that it is on Track. Though I feel it'll take 2-3 months more to be fully operational. But the change is from 15months to 18months, not 8 months to 18months!

We should definitely critique. But critique things grounded in REALITY! Not on Propaganda!!! And we should verify things before making a statement! ??

Don’t worry bro, I will be coming back to this thread with official information that backs up my statements, I promise you on that. If all went as planned, then CM Mehmood Khan would have not launched a probe on this matter!

TheYouth2

MPA (400+ posts)

Here you go bro, official statement from then KPK CM Khattak. Both cost and timeline is different than what you have claimed per your sources. Hence, I rest my case. But good and productive discussion. By the way, I love and will always support IK/PTI. But, we need to critique sometimes.

gumnam

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
The project was delayed as PER pti. The reality of these projects 1-2 years and pti shud not have hyped this project to complete in 8 or 9 months as iit backfired on them only

Two Stooges

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
سادہ، اور سلیس اُردو میں وزیرِاعلیٰ صاب کی
اِس مہا چوَل کو
" خجالت" کہتے ہیں

stoic

Minister (2k+ posts)
Phatan ky pass woh na brain hy na woh skills Jo iss mansoobay ko complete kernay kayliay Chahiye
So following the same logic the main city of urdu speaking in Karachi which is a steaming pile of shit hole garbage land, does it mean that urdu speaking people neither have the skill not the sense of cleanliness to keep their city clean?

Urdu speaking

Minister (2k+ posts)
So following the same logic the main city of urdu speaking in Karachi which is a steaming pile of shit hole garbage land, does it mean that urdu speaking people neither have the skill not the sense of cleanliness to keep their city clean?
The areas where Urdu speaking live in Karachi is in superb condition like Dubai streets and Bhariya town Karachi will be above Dubai city and where outsider Karachi phatan live is mess there...we live with phatan in Karachi and we know their skills and capabilities...we called them in Karachi Dead brain

back to the future

Don’t worry bro, I will be coming back to this thread with official information that backs up my statements, I promise you on that. If all went as planned, then CM Mehmood Khan would have not launched a probe on this matter!
Contract for civil constructions
are the biggest source for corruption a percentage is demanded from the contractor at the very begining and contract awarded to incompetent and rashi contractor.It is a norm in pakistan.Nawaz sharif has earned his ill gotten wealth from these contracts.

apart from this contract what i have been hearing about the hospital facilities and education institutions from doctors who are kpk resident but are not employee of KPK govt is pathetic.Simply pathetic.IK why are you not putting to task KPK CM and govt?????

TheYouth2

MPA (400+ posts)
Contract for civil constructions
are the biggest source for corruption a percentage is demanded from the contractor at the very begining and contract awarded to incompetent and rashi contractor.It is a norm in pakistan.Nawaz sharif has earned his ill gotten wealth from these contracts.

apart from this contract what i have been hearing about the hospital facilities and education institutions from doctors who are kpk resident but are not employee of KPK govt is pathetic.Simply pathetic.IK why are you not putting to task KPK CM and govt?????

Percentages is even in USA, the problem is that there is no strict implementation of penalizing these incompetent contractors for their poor work.

And for your 2nd statement: Then, how did they manage 2/3 majority in KPK if their performance has been poor in these sectors??

back to the future

Percentages is even in USA, the problem is that there is no strict implementation of penalizing these incompetent contractors for their poor work.

And for your 2nd statement: Then, how did they manage 2/3 majority in KPK if their performance has been poor in these sectors??
I am telling you about someone from kpk a doctor and resident of KPK but not employed in provincial health.Now u tell me the story if you are living in KPK then i will tell you more about his comments.

Steyn

I am from KPK and i have had experience with the healthcare both as a patient and as a staff.

It's S H I T

PTI did the cosmetics of hospital outside, that fooled everyone. But my God, when i actually saw the hospital and the operation theatre insides, i was disgusted. I have a friend who's a doctor there and i am a microbiologist.

Why did people vote? Because who else do we vote?

Besides, PTI fooled us good. We heard how healthcare has been improved, education and blah blah, how Imran Khan is untested etc etc.

Media doesn't give much crap about the corruption and lies going on in a province like KPK. So we believed it.

Now they're exposing how big a lie that 2 lakh kids admitting into government schools was etc etc.

MMA brought a Taliban like rule on KPK when they were in power instead of improving people's lives so they're completely out of politics, ANP went the complete opposite and they were known for extreme corruption.

PMLN and PPP don't exist in KPK after Musharaff. What choice do we have?

Performance doesn't matter in Pakistani politics. What performance does PPP have in Sindh?