Khan unsure over Afridi leadership

kashi..

Senator (1k+ posts)
World-cup winning captain Imran Khan admits he has mixed feelings about current leader Shahid Afridi's ability to steer Pakistan out of the "crisis" that has engulfed the sport in his country.
Speaking at a promotional event for the 2011 World Cup set to be held in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, Khan, who led his country to glory in the 1992 edition, admitted Afridi was the best option to restore pride for a Pakistan team known more for its off-field troubles these days.
Khan said: He said: "I am not sure whether Afridi is the right person. Having said that, I would like to add that if there's someone who can do it, it is Afridi. He is one player who can pull off something out of the ordinary. If he can hit a purple patch, it does give Pakistan a chance. But then Pakistan are one of the most unpredictable sides in world cricket."
The controversies were sparked by a disappointing tour of Australia, with the manner of their defeats prompting an investigation into allegations of match-fixing, and several players either fined or barred from further selection.
Things went from bad to worse during the tour of England in the second half of the year, as News of the World investigations saw former captain Salman Butt and pacemen Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir suspended by the International Cricket Council for alleged involvement in illegal spot-fixing during the second Test.
Despite Amir's suspension, Khan believes the youngster is a potential world-beater with the ball in his hands, even likening his skill with that of former skipper Wasim Akram.
He said: "Amir, I can tell you, is more talented than what Wasim Akram was at his age. I have seen Wasim as an 18-year-old and can vouch that Amir is far better than Wasim at this age. But then some people get better and mature quickly, some take more time."
The spot-fixing saga also saw an accusation thrown at England's players by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Ijaz Butt, who claimed they had received bribes for losing the third one-day international during the tour.
Butt was later forced to issue an apology after threats of legal action, but Khan insisted Pakistan cricket's problems had deeper roots.
"Pakistan cricket is in crisis and so is the country," he said. "You have the president who is the chief patron of the cricket board. The less I talk about him, the better it is."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...rfFIeWOfobvKpR5Yw?docId=N0066291291934293378A

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Rightly Said about the Chairman of the PCB....... Yes, Aamir is much more talented than what was Wasim Akram at his age. I am still not sure whether he has really did some sort of match fixing or he was just another victim of the international media ..... as the world was so scared of his capabilities and talents and it was an easy to put him aside ....and it is very unfortunate to say that our PCB was not capable to handle the situation and did not have any idea how to handle the international media, their pressure and all the allegations and accusations. They did not tackle well the situation. Of-course, how they can be as the PCB Chairman does not know even how to address a press conference and obviously nothing about cricket as well. The victims are our power Aamir and Asif....... World is scared of them... They thought they cannot handle them anymore ...... PCB cannot save them .... Pity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Afridi and his performance both are very much unpredictable as Pakistani team is .....of-course after all Afridi is a part of our national team ........ If we win World Cup this time it would be a Miracle ....But yes Miracles take place sometimes .... So we have a hope ..... INSHA ' ALLAH

baaghi01

Senator (1k+ posts)
I didnt wanna believe in conspiracy theories but when I read in todays paper how Pak have been isolated totally in ICC's future tour program for 8 years, 2012-2020, I was shocked. NO big team wants to play with Pak. We all know BCCI is ICC right now. n now I even doubt this match fixing scandal. 7 main players r out of the worldcup.

The way we are being humiliated in every field in the whole world, it just reminds me of bani israel. Why the whole world is against us? its not just the world.

Qudraat ne Zillat likh di hai muqadar mein. Aisa kia kar dia jis ki saza kisi ruler ko to nahi mili kabhi bus public n country ko ragra jaa rha hai. wah re qudrat tera insaf.