Kashmir Situation: Learn from History : 1938 Hitler appeased at Munich Pact

NasNY

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Hitler appeased at Munich
  • On September 30 in 1938, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, French Premier Edouard Daladier, and British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain sign the Munich Pact, which seals the fate of Czechoslovakia, virtually handing it over to Germany in the name of peace. Upon return to Britain, Chamberlain would declare that the meeting had achieved “peace in our time.”
Although the agreement was to give into Hitler’s hands only the Sudentenland, that part of Czechoslovakia where 3 million ethnic Germans lived, it also handed over to the Nazi war machine 66 percent of Czechoslovakia’s coal, 70 percent of its iron and steel, and 70 percent of its electrical power. It also left the Czech nation open to complete domination by Germany. In short, the Munich Pact sacrificed the autonomy of Czechoslovakia on the altar of short-term peace-very short term.

The terrorized Czech government was eventually forced to surrender the western provinces of Bohemia and Moravia (which became a protectorate of Germany) and finally Slovakia and the Carpathian Ukraine. In each of these partitioned regions, Germany set up puppet, pro-Nazi regimes that served the military and political ends of Adolf Hitler. By the time of the invasion of Poland in September 1939, the nation called “Czechoslovakia” no longer existed.

It was Neville Chamberlain who would be best remembered as the champion of the Munich Pact, having met privately with Hitler at Berchtesgaden, the dictator’s mountaintop retreat, before the Munich conference. Chamberlain, convinced that Hitler’s territorial demands were not unreasonable (and that Hitler was a “gentleman”), persuaded the French to join him in pressuring Czechoslovakia to submit to the Fuhrer’s demands. Upon Hitler’s invasion of Poland a year later,

Chamberlain was put in the embarrassing situation of announcing that a “state of war” existed between Germany and Britain. By the time Hitler occupied Norway and Denmark, Chamberlain was finished as a credible leader. “Depart, I say, and let us have done with you!” one member of Parliament said to him, quoting Oliver Cromwell. Winston Churchill would succeed him as prime minister soon afterwards.

By August 1939 Hitler was convinced that the democratic nations would never put up any effective opposition to him. He expressed his contempt for them in a speech he delivered to his Commanders in Chief: "Our enemies have leaders who are below the average. No personalities. No masters, no men of action… Our enemies are small fry. I saw them in Munich."

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hitler-appeased-at-munich

Last edited by a moderator:

NasNY

I am afraid the international world will make the same mistake of appeasement in Kashmir.
And even war should not be an option,
war is very close on the horizon.

Pakistan will not have a choice
and be forced into a war.

brilTek

Senator (1k+ posts)
Imran Khan is wrong here. Just like he was in favour of negotiations with Pak Talibans. Zardari acceded, and taliban captured the Swat valley too.

Hindu Baniya is deceitful in nature. The famous saying of ''Bughal mein churri --- muun pay raam raam'' is true.

Are we gonna sit back and watch the sufferings of Kashmiries or take a bold step to enter in IOK?

There are thousands of condemnations, protests on Palestine issue. The result is ZERO.

Diplomacy won't work here. The world sees India as a customer. Pakistan needs to take India heads on.

Close the airspace immediately. Stop giving India the transit route to Afghanistan. Close the KartaarPur India, and tell Sikhs it won't be settle until Kashmir gets resolved.

walayti jatt

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I am afraid the international world will make the same mistake of appeasement in Kashmir.

Agreed. Maybe Imran Khan led govt will try to persuade the world about the upcoming dangers, I highly doubt anyone will get on board and do something concrete. The problem is corporations have taken over the governments. They are for profiteering and don't have any morals. Since india is a big market. On other side we'll be forced into war, even though we don't want to. But we won't have any choice. May Allah Almighty help us. Ameen

PIND-WALA

I think some international community is with India. Some dont care and some would like to sell their weapons if there is a war.

NasNY

Agreed. Maybe Imran Khan led govt will try to persuade the world about the upcoming dangers, I highly doubt anyone will get on board and do something concrete. The problem is corporations have taken over the governments. They are for profiteering and don't have any morals. Since india is a big market. On other side we'll be forced into war, even though we don't want to. But we won't have any choice. May Allah Almighty help us. Ameen

I think some international community is with India. Some dont care and some would like to sell their weapons if there is a war.

If the protest in Kashmir get out of control, Indian forces will start shooting to maintain control, as the bodies begin to pile up, the international community will remain silent , which will force Pakistan to intervene.

And the war will escalate, Pakistan will use its navy to blockade oil from reaching India.
Arab nations will make a choice, either to condemn Pakistan to protect their economic interest or support Pakistan.

course of War is unpredictable.

Last edited:

AdamA

Senator (1k+ posts)
If the protest in Kashmir get out of control, Indian forces will start shooting to maintain control, as the bodies begin to pile up, the international community will remain silent , which will force Pakistan to intervene.

And the war will escalate, Pakistan will use its navy to blockade oil from reaching India.
Arab nations will make a choice, either to condemn Pakistan to protect their economic interest or support Pakistan.

course of War is unpredictable.

The Arabs want us to join in their (mis)adventure against Iran. Probably p***** off that we snubbed them.

NasNY

The Arabs want us to join in their (mis)adventure against Iran. Probably p***** off that we snubbed them.
Saudi Arabia need Pakistan on their side, due to our military strength and border with Iran.

The problem between Iran and Saudi Arabia must be resolved, Iran is not innocent and has caused conflict in yemen which has hit too close to Saudi.

If Iran can be convinced to withdraw support from yemen and there is peace then maybe Iran and saudi Arabia can get along.

PIND-WALA

Saudi Arabia need Pakistan on their side, due to our military strength and border with Iran.

The problem between Iran and Saudi Arabia must be resolved, Iran is not innocent and has caused conflict in yemen which has hit too close to Saudi.

If Iran can be convinced to withdraw support from yemen and there is peace then maybe Iran and saudi Arabia can get along.
I think Iran- Saudia issue is much more than Yemen. Yemen is only 4 year old war. But both have problems since long and we being majority sunny always sided with Saudis. Its difficult that both can come to terms in a short time.