Junaid Khan... aiming to get wicket of Tendulkar

[AM]

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Junaid Khan... another young talent... Hopes he cover the gap after Amir's ban!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/story/500194.html
Cricinfo

No nerves for Junaid ahead of big event

93757.2.jpg

"Just getting a chance to play in the World Cup is a dream come true for me, But if we get to play against India in the World Cup, it would be a blast to bowl at [Sachin] Tendulkar and get him out. It is an ambition for me."

Last edited by a moderator:

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
No nerves for Junaid ahead of big event
ESPNcricinfo staff
February 10, 2011

Junaid Khan has been a consistent wicket-taker on Pakistan's domestic circuit and hopes to replicate that in the World Cup ESPNcricinfo Ltd

News : Sohail Tanvir out of the World Cup
Players/Officials: Junaid Khan
Series/Tournaments: ICC Cricket World Cup
Teams: Pakistan
Left-arm pace bowler Junaid Khan, who replaced the injured fast bowler Sohail Tanvir in Pakistan's World Cup squad, has said he is not overawed at the prospect of making his international debut on such a big stage.

"I'll treat it as just another game of cricket," Junaid told www.PakPassion.net. "I've represented my country at junior levels and Pakistan A, so I know what the responsibility of playing for your country is like. I don't think I'll have any nerves and I'm confident I can handle the situation."

Junaid was selected on the basis of his consistent showing on Pakistan's domestic circuit. In 35 first-class games, he has picked up 167 wickets at an average of just above 21. He was also the second-highest wicket-taker for Pakistan A in the unofficial ODI series during their recent tour of West Indies where he picked up five wickets in three games.

"I've been working so hard over the last couple of seasons and I feel that I have consistently improved as a bowler, "Junaid said. "I've also been working hard on my batting and I feel that my call-up for the World Cup is warranted as I have done consistently well at all levels for Pakistan."

There have been several high-voltage clashes between India and Pakistan in previous World Cups and Junaid said he was looking forward to another such encounter. "Just getting a chance to play in the World Cup is a dream come true for me," he told GEO Super channel. "But if we get to play against India in the World Cup, it would be a blast to bowl at [Sachin] Tendulkar and get him out. It is an ambition for me."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/story/500194.html

[AM]

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Ye kis ki parchi hy ? Never seen before

Boss his First class figures justifies his talent... Average just above 21... Aur yaar.. He is from Abbottabad, means.... not belongs from any big city. Jo parchi lay ker aay.

Last edited:

janbazali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
a very good inclusion

in every big tounament pakistan offers some young talent to the world

this time it is in shaoe of Ahmad shehzad and junaid khan

In 35 first-class games, he has picked up 167 wickets at an average of just above 21.

He was also the second-highest wicket-taker for Pakistan A in the unofficial ODI series during their recent tour of West Indies where he picked up five wickets in three games.

KhanHaripur

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Abotabad...........
[AM];324194 said:
Boss his First class figures justifies his talent... Average just above 21... Aur yaar.. He is from Aibtabad, means.... not belongs from any big city. Jo parchi lay ker aay.