Is human immortality possible?

asadqudsi

Senator (1k+ posts)
The real question is what do you mean by immortality?
You will also have to settle the question of mind and matter dualism issue.

pk78601

MPA (400+ posts)
lol and then they say its all nature no one created them and looking for a way stay alive. surely Allah have plans too. " Every soul will taste death "

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
What mind and matter issue? Mind is the product of brain! It's long settled! Are you still living in 19th century?

The real question is what do you mean by immortality?
You will also have to settle the question of mind and matter dualism issue.

asadqudsi

Senator (1k+ posts)
What mind and matter issue? Mind is the product of brain! It's long settled! Are you still living in 19th century?

I guess me and my philosophy of mind professors are all living in 19th century, why don't you enlighten us with the proof where it says its settled?

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Of course, they are! Ever heard of Libet experiments? Tell your professors of mind to start with it https://www.amazon.com/Neurophysiol...temporary-Neuroscientists-LIBET/dp/1461267226 ???

This will take them to the 20th century. Once they are done, I can share more to onboard them on 21st-century stuff I've seen first hand at Stanford!?‍♂️?‍♂️

I guess me and my philosophy of mind professors are all living in 19th century, why don't you enlighten us with the proof where it says its settled?

asadqudsi

Senator (1k+ posts)
Of course, they are! Ever heard of Libet experiments? Tell your professors of mind to start with it https://www.amazon.com/Neurophysiol...temporary-Neuroscientists-LIBET/dp/1461267226 ???

This will take them to the 20th century. Once they are done, I can share more to onboard them on 21st-century stuff I've seen first hand at Stanford!?‍♂️?‍♂️

My friend you are confusing "consciousness" with "mind". As far as I know there is not even a consensus on what mind is. There is no 'settlement' of the issue of dualism as you claim. In fact neurobiologist have failed to come up with even proper methodology to study the mind (due to subjective-objective issue)-Libet is a behavioralist, fMRI work has helped explain some of his free will work. Every one knows consciousness is generated by brain through ascending reticular formation.

bhaibarood

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
My friend you are confusing "consciousness" with "mind". As far as I know there is not even a consensus on what mind is. There is no 'settlement' of the issue of dualism as you claim. In fact neurobiologist have failed to come up with even proper methodology to study the mind (due to subjective-objective issue)-Libet is a behavioralist, fMRI work has helped explain some of his free will work. Every one knows consciousness is generated by brain through ascending reticular formation.
Perfect forum to explain Ascending reticular formation ?

justunjust

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
You mean IMMORTALITY?

No....kulle nafsun zayeqa tul maut.
But Quran also says that we take your spirits out during the night. That means we die every night and come back alive next morning. May be science would validate this in few years.

insouciant

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ok! How do you define MIND?? ???

Between, This is how the whole world defines it: ???

The mind (not to be confused with the brain) is a set of cognitive faculties including consciousness, imagination, perception, thinking, judgement, language and memory. It is usually defined as the faculty of an entity's thoughts and consciousness.

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Has anybody seen the movie "Ghost in a Shell" & "Selfless"
It is great idea to tackle for living longer than usual !
Can't wait for this technology to kick in.
Wait for next 10 years in advancements in medical field crucial to anti aging.