Indian Nazis!!

zhohaq

Minister (2k+ posts)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...trange-afterlife-in-india.html?obref=obinsite

Hitler’s Strange Afterlife in India

Nov 30, 2012 4:45 AM EST
Hated and mocked in much of the world, the Nazi leader has developed a strange following among schoolchildren and readers of Mein Kampf in India. Dilip D’Souza on how political leader Bal Thackeray influenced Indians to admire Hitler and despise Gandhi.

My wife teaches French to tenth-grade students at a private school here in Mumbai. During one recent class, she asked these mostly upper-middle-class kids to complete the sentence “J'admire …” with the name of the historical figure they most admired.

1354268710605.cached.jpg

Adolf Hitler speaks in 1936. (AP Photo)

To say she was disturbed by the results would be to understate her reaction.[HI] Of 25 students in the class, 9 picked Adolf Hitler, making him easily the highest vote-getter in this particular exercise; a certain Mohandas Gandhi was the choice of precisely one student.[/HI] Discussing the idea of courage with other students once, my wife was startled by the contempt they had for Gandhi. “He was a coward!” they said. [HI]And as far back as 2002, the Times of India reported a survey that found that 17 percent of students in elite Indian colleges “favored Adolf Hitler as the kind of leader India ought to have.”[/HI]

In a place where Gandhi becomes a coward, perhaps Hitler becomes a hero.

Still, why Hitler? “He was a fantastic orator,” said the 10th-grade kids. “He loved his country; he was a great patriot. He gave back to Germany a sense of pride they had lost after the Treaty of Versailles,” they said.

"And what about the millions he murdered?” asked my wife. [HI]“Oh, yes, that was bad,” said the kids. “But you know what, some of them were traitors.”[/HI]

Admiring Hitler for his oratorical skills? Surreal enough. Add to that the easy condemnation of his millions of victims as traitors. Add to that the characterization of this man as a patriot. I mean, in a short dozen years, Hitler led Germany through a scarcely believable orgy of blood to utter shame and wholesale destruction. Even the mere thought of calling such a man a patriot profoundly corrupts—is violently antithetical to—the idea of patriotism.

But these are kids, you think, and kids say the darndest things. Except this is no easily written-off experience. The evidence is that Hitler has plenty of admirers in India, plenty of whom are by no means kids.

Consider Mein Kampf, Hitler’s autobiography. Reviled it might be in the much of the world, but Indians buy thousands of copies of it every month. As a recent paper in the journal EPW tells us (PDF), there are over a dozen Indian publishers who have editions of the book on the market. Jaico, for example, printed its[HI] 55th edition in 2010, claiming to have sold 100,000 copies in the previous seven years.[/HI] (Contrast this to the 3,000 copies my own 2009 book, Roadrunner, has sold). In a country where 10,000 copies sold makes a book a bestseller, these are significant numbers.

And the approval goes beyond just sales. Mein Kampf is available for sale on flipkart.com, India’s Amazon. As I write this, 51 customers have rated the book; 35 of those gave it a five-star rating. What’s more, there’s a steady trickle of reports that say it has become a must-read for business-school students; a management guide much like Spencer Johnson’s Who Moved My Cheese or Edward de Bono’s Lateral Thinking. If this undistinguished artist could take an entire country with him, I imagine the reasoning goes, surely his book has some lessons for future captains of industry?

Much of Hitler’s Indian afterlife is the legacy of Bal Thackeray, chief of the Shiv Sena party who died on Nov. 17.

Thackeray freely, openly, and often admitted his admiration for Hitler, his book, the Nazis, and their methods. In 1993, for example, he gave an interview toTime magazine. “[HI]There is nothing wrong,” he said then, “if [Indian] Muslims are treated as Jews were in Nazi Germany.”
[/HI]
It’s no wonder they cling to almost comically superficial ideas of courage and patriotism, in which a megalomaniac’s every ghastly crime is forgotten so long as we can pretend that he ‘loved’ his country.

This interview came only months after the December 1992 and January 1993 riots in Mumbai, which left about a thousand Indians slaughtered, the majority of them Muslim. Thackeray was active right through those weeks, writing editorial after editorial in his party mouthpiece, “Saamna” (“Confrontation”) about how to “treat” Muslims.

On Dec. 9, 1992, for example, his editorial contained these lines: “Pakistan need not cross the borders and attack India. 250 million Muslims in India will stage an armed insurrection. They form one of Pakistan’s seven atomic bombs.”

A month later, on Jan. 8, 1993, there was this:[HI] “Muslims of Bhendi Bazar, Null Bazar, Dongri and Pydhonie, the areas [of Mumbai] we call Mini Pakistan … must be shot on the spot.”[/HI]

There was plenty more too: much of it inspired by the failed artist who became Germany’s fhrer. After all, only weeks before the riots erupted, Thackeray said this about the fhrer’s famous autobiography[HI]: “If you take Mein Kampf and if you remove the word Jew and put in the word Muslim, that is what I believe in.”[/HI]

With rhetoric like that, it’s no wonder the streets of my city saw the slaughter of 1992-93. It’s no wonder kids come to admire a mass-murderer, to rationalize away his massacres. It’s no wonder they cling to almost comically superficial ideas of courage and patriotism, in which a megalomaniac’s every ghastly crime is forgotten so long as we can pretend that he “loved” his country.

In his acclaimed 1997 book Hitler’s Willing Executioners, Daniel Goldhagen writes: “Hitler, in possession of great oratorical skills, was the [Nazi] Party’s most forceful public speaker. Like Hitler, the party from its earliest days was devoted to the destruction of … democracy [and to] most especially and relentlessly, anti-Semitism. … The Nazi Party became Hitler’s Party, obsessively anti-Semitic and apocalyptic in its rhetoric about its enemies.”

Do some substitutions in those sentences along the lines Thackeray wanted to do with Mein Kampf. Indeed, what you get is a more than adequate description of … no surprise, Thackeray himself.

Yes, it’s no wonder. Thackeray too was revered as an orator. [HI]Cremated, on Nov. 18, as a patriot.
[/HI]

Like The Daily Beast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates all day long.
For ten years in the US, DD was a computer scientist. After returning to India he started writing for his suppers, winning awards (most recently the Newsweek/Daily Beast Award for South Asia Commentary) and publishing books (most recently "Roadrunner: An Indian Quest in America" and "The Curious Case of Binayak Sen"). He lives in Bombay with his wife, two children, and two cats.

funny-black-guy-nazi-shirt.jpg

Indian Nazi - wearing a T shirt made of Irony

1000xud.jpg

610x.jpg

Waffen Inder......Sieg Heil Fuhrer

C9s51.jpg
Hitlers-Cross1.jpg
hitler-shop.jpg

Shops celebrating mass murderes arent uncommon, in the Indian Reich

Apparently the love is mutual.
Himmler was deeply influenced by India. And used Indian mythology for propaganda purposes.
Worth reading in detail.

http://www.ibtimes.com/heinrich-himmler-nazi-hindu-214444

Of course Gandhi also had no problems with Hitler. Writing to his "dear friend" twice.

Not surprising given his tryst with a certain German bodybuilder called Kaleb.

Last edited:

contra

Senator (1k+ posts)
[MENTION=26526]zhohaq[/MENTION]
1. We don't read Mein Kampf because we admire Hitler, we read it because we want to understand the ideology behind the
man who slaughtered millions.

2. It is unfair for you to think that a few school kids represent the whole of India.
Please note that India is a peaceful and tolerant nation and we believe that if a person is killed even by mistake, then this is
similar to the whole humanity being killed!!!

3. I think it is unfair on part to create the perception that all Indians are fascists. You come out as a Bigot and Racist.

4. We all know that all muslims are not to be blamed for the crimes of a "tiny" minority of muslims. Similarly for you to imply that
all Indians are Fascists or admirers of Hitler is absolutely wrong. How about some empathy?

5. After 9/11 many non-Muslims started reading the Quran, we did not read it because we admired Mohammad or Osama bin Laden, we read it so that we can understand the ideology behind that act of mass murder.

6. Your attempt to show pictures of Indian soldiers and Policeman taking their OATH, to mean that they are giving the Seig Heil salute is extremely cheap, and shows your gutter mentality and diseased thinking.

7. I request you to please remove those photos and apologise to the members of this forum.

rtabasum2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
@zhohaq , better apologise Indians are darvadian race , they always were ruled unlike germans who claimed Aryans were superior race and have right to rule. As the above post claims they just study Nazism and Quran to know why they slaughter people in millions, they are the scholary sort who do experiments in Kashmir to check whether different mass murder theories hold water in real world

Last edited:

desicad

@zhohaq , better apologise Indians are darvadian race , they always were ruled unlike germans who claimed Aryans were superior race and have right to rule. As the above post claims they just study Nazism and Quran to know why they slaughter people in millions, they are the scholary sort who do experiments in Kashmir to check whether different mass murder theories hold water in real world
..........[hilar][hilar]...............

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
Most Indians were not effected by Nazis, they don't have proper knowledge of holocaust. I don't think Indians admire Hitler, but if some do may be Hitler and Indians had one enemy in 1940s Britain.

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
Violence in Kashmir was more of a Pakistani experiment.

zhohaq

Minister (2k+ posts)
@zhohaq
1. We don't read Mein Kampf because we admire Hitler, we read it because we want to understand the ideology behind the
man who slaughtered millions.

2. It is unfair for you to think that a few school kids represent the whole of India.
Please note that India is a peaceful and tolerant nation and we believe [HI]that if a person is killed even by mistake, then this is
similar to the whole humanity being killed!!![/HI]

3. I think it is unfair on part to create the perception that all Indians are fascists. You come out as a Bigot and Racist.

4. We all know that all muslims are not to be blamed for the crimes of a "tiny" minority of muslims. Similarly for you to imply that
all Indians are Fascists or admirers of Hitler is absolutely wrong. How about some empathy?

5. [HI]After 9/11 many non-Muslims started reading the Quran, we did not read it because we admired Mohammad or Osama bin Laden, we read it so that we can understand the ideology behind that act of mass murder[/HI].

6. Your attempt to show pictures of Indian soldiers and Policeman taking their OATH, to mean that they are giving the Seig Heil salute is extremely cheap, and shows your gutter mentality and diseased thinking.

7. I request you to please remove those photos and apologise to the members of this forum.

Please take up these things with the Indian writer Dilip D souza who wrote the piece.

Or Palash R ghosh for the Himmler piece.
The oath was introduced recently I understand
ask your military to modify it so it does not make ur troops look like Nazis.
Your respect for your fellow Indian muslims is very clear when you had the audacity to compare Quran pak with Mein kamf.
A disgusting "gutter mentality and diseased thinking" on display .

Ofcourse you never read the Quran
as you falsely claim,but you still quote from it without realizing.

5_32.png

"........whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely......."

Surah Maidah 5:32

@zhohaq , better apologise[HI] Indians are darvadian race[/HI] , they always were ruled unlike germans who claimed[HI] Aryans were superior race [/HI]and have right to rule. As the above post claims they just study Nazism and Quran to know why they slaughter people in millions, they are the scholarly sort who do experiments in Kashmir to check whether different mass murder theories hold water in real world

Oh no they want to believe they arent Dravidians.

Just like many in Pakistan imagines he is a Syed every Indian who can afford it would like to think he is a Brahman.
And why pursue such far afield scholary study when they can find much more closer at hand.
Hym after Hym in Rig Vedas Indra and Agni the gods of the marauding horse sacrificing Aryans are called to help them slaughter and destroy the local Dravidians(Dasa).
I would add more but dont want to offend our Indian friends sensitivities.

Last edited:

rtabasum2

Please take up these things with the Indian writer Dilip D souza who wrote the piece.

Your respect for your fellow Indian muslims is very clear when you had the audacity to compare Quran pak with Mein kamf.
A disgusting "gutter mentality and diseased thinking" on display .

Ofcourse you never read the Quran
as you falsely claim,but you still quote from it without realizing.

5_32.png

"........whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely......."

Oh no they want to believe they arent Dravidians.

Just like many in Pakistan imagines he is a Syed every Indian who can afford it would like to think he is a Brahman.
And why pursue such far afield scholary study when they can find much more closer at hand.
Hym after Hym in Rig Vedas Indra and Agni the gods of the marauding horse sacrificing Aryans are called to help them slaughter and destroy the local Dravidians(Dasa).
I would add more but dont want to offend our Indian friends sensitivities.

I think that is from where our faulty genetic makeup comes from, CHina, AFghanistan and Iran all had revolution in one or another form where everbody stood as one nation, whereas in INdia and Pakistan we were always subjucated from the mightier one and could not rise as a nation to change thing but instead resorted to same colonial mentallity of praising the very institution British left in their case democracy, freedom of expression, divide & rule, believe in modern caste system poor vs rich and finally british trained Armies who will do anything on the command "ATA BOY"

rtabasum2

o bibi upar kam kyon lagaaye hain?............(bigsmile)

that was meant for Zionist Hindu with a poster name like that and defending Hindu Nazism is funny but not funny like u, u are a comic of higher order so my appericiations

contra

Senator (1k+ posts)
[MENTION=26526]zhohaq[/MENTION]
1. Your illiteracy is on display here.
Mr. D'Souza didn't give the heading "Indian Nazi's", YOU did. Mr. D'Souza or Mr. Palash Ghosh didn't post those photos, YOU did.

2. During oath taking the hand is held parallel to the ground, whereas in the Nazi Salute, position of the hand is raised slightly, it is above the head you can say and in front of the person, you by posting photos taken from a lower angle are trying to create this effect.
You are trying to act too smart.

3. I have to ask this: were you educated in a Madrasa???
How am i disrespecting anyone? Criticism of ideology is not the same as criticism of people.
Muslims are people, Islam is an ideology.

4. So...this means no peace and tolerance???

desicad

that was meant for Zionist Hindu with a poster name like that and defending Hindu Nazism is funny but not funny like u, u are a comic of higher order so my appericiations
shukriya waisey comedy ka iraada nahin tha........haqeeqat hi to bayaan ki thi par aap eik darjan lagaane pe majboor ho hi gayin..........

rtabasum2

Hitler is a hero for Pakistanis just go back and read some of the posts during Israel Palistanian conflicts

No our hero is Altaf Hussain, Hitler of Karachi but we imported him from INdia, so all the trail lead to India