India on USCIRF 'Watchlist': An Analysis

contra

Senator (1k+ posts)
:oops: India on USCIRF 'Watchlist': An Analysis :oops:

All the information has been taken from--- http://uscirf.gov
First,i want to make this clear, there is no justification or defence for killing of innocent people.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USCIRF---The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom was created by the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 to monitor the status of freedom of thought, conscience, and religion or belief abroad, as defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and related international instruments, and to give independent policy recommendations to the President, the Secretary of State, and the Congress.
*USCIRF is a government organisation, created by the Congress.
*Funded by the Federal Government, its staff members are government employees.
*The Commission report covers select countries, and makes policy recommendations to the executive and legislative branches of government.

Categorisation used:
i> Countries of Particular Concern(CPC) [Countries with worst freedom of religion record] :evil:
ii> Watchlist [This is the second category]
iii>Additional Countries Monitored. [Third category]

Countries of Particular Concern---One of the most significant human rights acts of the U.S. government is the designation of "countries of particular concern," or CPCs, for ongoing, egregious(extraordinary in some bad way; glaring; flagrant) violations of religious freedom.

Watchlist--- countries where religious freedom conditions do not rise to the statutory level requiring CPC designation but which require close monitoring due to the nature and extent of violations of religious freedom engaged in or tolerated by the governments.

Additional Countries Monitored---In additional to countries designated as "countries of particular concern" (CPC) and Watch List countries, the Commission monitors conditions for freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief in several other countries, some of which have previously been designated a CPC or Watch List country.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: India was earlier in the "Additional Countries Monitored" list, but now has been placed under "Watchlist".
Reasons for placing India in the "Watchlist"---
i> USCIRF paints a grim picture of religious persecution in India, charging that national and local judiciaries and police are unwilling or unable to deal with the religious violence that regularly rocks the country. eg.---
a) the 2002 mass killings of Muslims in the state of Gujarat that left 2,000 dead;[Due to the Gujrat Riots, India was placed in the CPC in 2002, but was removed from the list in 2005.]
b) attacks on Christian churches and individuals in the state of Orissa in 2007 and 2008.[about 40 killed, hundreds of houses burned]

ii> USCIRF also defends proselytizers, criticizing laws in several Indian states that make religious conversions difficult. The laws generally require government officials to determine whether it is a "sincere" conversion.
NOTE:
*Earlier India was in the "Additional Countries Monitored" category/list.

*CPC is the list of countries with the worst freedom of religion record, and Pakistan is in this list.
Conclusion:
India is not perfect, but, India is better than....countries in the CPC list.
Request:
Like any other nationalist I am defending my country. And the premise of defence is that even though we are not perfect, we are better than some other countries.
I accept this is not something that I should be happy or proud of or be complacent about.

Few days ago, i had posted an article on the Blasphemy Laws of Pakistan. I was cursed by few and some others were of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with these laws.
Well, your government is going to review these laws, your PM has given a statement in this regard. You know the reason for this.
I realise that to have an Indian criticise your laws etc. doesn't go down well with you all (as would be the case with me if situation was reversed), but, please see the bigger picture here.

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
@ contra

-We are on the Opposite ends of the Pole,Hope you have the Miniscule Intellect to Comprehend that.Pakistan was Achieved on an "Islamic Ideology" and keeping that in mind Our Laws has to Complement it whether anybody(you and anybody else)like it or not..in A Sense Nationalism in Pakistan's context is a bit of understatement :P :P :P :P 8-) 8-)

-All countries are required to shape their own laws as they see fit!!! and not Reinforce their Perception of any Statute Laws upon other Free and Sovereign nation :) :)

-Blasphemy Laws are there to keep Check and Balance on an Erratic Sociopaths who would consider and take Un-necessarily Freedom a bit too far in Spilling and Projecting their Bigotry and Hatred as well as Prejudice to a level that would deem them Unfit even to their own so called Perception of Freedom. :oops: :oops: :oops: 8-) 8-) All Abrahamic Faiths have Blasphemy Laws so better Grasp it.. :geek: :geek:

-USA has Provisions against Hateful Speech and that Encompasses a lot that would certainly Put you at Unrest and Unease too :lol: :lol: :lol: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :roll:

-We being Muslims are far more happier with em and would like these laws to be Truly Implemented in it's Aesthetic sense. 8-) 8-) Need to have True leaders to accomplish it not some fools who would only care of their bank a/c 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
IndianMuslim said:

-Be real,this recent Scuffle between 2 parties is nothing comparing to Gujrat incidents hope you're Aware or will deny it as usual just to fit in in Hindu Dominated Society,,Samjhota express was far more Barbarous than this small incident(though condemn it fully)..

Ratio of such Intolerance runs way higher in India where you've been Dyi'n hard to simply fit in by being Repulsive to your own Faith,,Ahh!! Pity :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

taul

Siasat.pk - Blogger
taggtow said:
This shows the character of a nation:
Musharraf, the then army chief,without informing the civilian Govt. sent in his soldiers, without uniforms, as 'non state actors", into Kargil and it took more than 700 deaths of indian soldiers and officers to throw them out. Musharaff, shamefully and cowardly, refused to even accept the bodies of his soldiers.Musharaff, in effect, tore up the Lahore declaration and aborted the peace process.

--Not your fault,,i bet world even missed this 8-) 8-) just as your other Fairy tales of ISI...Now don't be Rude on yourself,,as History will not change by your Psycho based Fantasies,,Do not Worry People like you Deserve to live in fear :geek: